The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wales are only great team when they win against australia, south africa,allblacks.

+37
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
A World Cup and 3 Finals
gregortree
OzT
HERSH
SecretFly
doctor_grey
Full Credit
Glas a du
maestegmafia
miteyironpaw
Chunky Norwich
GunsGerms
emack2
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Luckless Pedestrian
eirebilly
bsando
offload
nganboy
Super D Boon
BigTrevsbigmac
Comfort
Cadair Idris
Taylorman
TycroesOsprey
Biltong
Morgannwg
slartibartfast
Dontheman
kingelderfield
Hound_of_Harrow
thebluesmancometh
Cymroglan
kiakahaaotearoa
Triangulation
adambarney
41 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

wales are only great team when they win against australia, south africa,allblacks. - Page 4 Empty wales are only great team when they win against australia, south africa,allblacks.

Post by adambarney Wed 29 Feb 2012, 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wales in my view good upcoming team but they need to beat Australia,south Africa,and new Zealand home and away. welsh people think they lose to south Africa, France, Australia twice then beat Ireland, Scotland and England there the worlds best.
when they play southern hemisphere sides, they lost game before they walk out on pitch there mentality needs to change.

adambarney

Back to top Go down

wales are only great team when they win against australia, south africa,allblacks. - Page 4 Empty Re: wales are only great team when they win against australia, south africa,allblacks.

Post by Taylorman Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:07 am

I think england might do better to think about a new SA who will be under pressure to show their followers theyre up to it.
SA know how to play them as theyre similar in approach- scrum is priority for both. SA are tough at home. Real tough.
Man we are in for a good year...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

wales are only great team when they win against australia, south africa,allblacks. - Page 4 Empty Re: wales are only great team when they win against australia, south africa,allblacks.

Post by Woodstock Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:27 am

miteyironpaw wrote:I don't have a low opinion of Wales prospects.

I have a high opinion of their ability to be overly optimistic based on very little tangible evidence of progress.

At the moment you'd think Wales had won the RWC, rather than come fourth, beating only Ireland, then being mid-way through the 6N (having lost to Australia at home in the mean time), having beaten Ireland courtesy of a poor refereeing decision, Scotland by not much more than a disallowed Scottish try, and a scratch England side by virtue of another refereeing debacle.

If Wales want to go on tour to the SH and expect to win, on this evidence they'd better pack their referees in their kit bag along with their rabbit's foot and 4-leaf clovers.

...and still he continues to talk utter poo. Give up for God's sake you are so boring
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:36 am

Aside from the refereeing debacle bit what do you actually disagree with? Ignoring that hes on the wind up ....

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:52 pm

Taylorman wrote:Maybe Mitey but I think one of the reasons Oz and SA and even France for that matter have many more wins over us is that they play us a lot more than the other NH sides. Familiarity breeds confidence...to a point. And this is what the Summer tours hopefully do- break down that perception that SH are somehow superior. By tours end I reckon the North will have real ideas in breaking down the barriers...

Taylorman I disagree with you, familiarity in fact breeds contempt, we beat you far more when we didn't play you so regularly.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 04 Mar 2012, 3:01 pm

wales are only great team when they win against australia, south africa,allblacks.

I don't agree wit this at all.

We won't play a proper Tri Nation team until the next World Cup.

The June tests will feature a weak Welsh team with 7-8 first team players missing through injuries and rest periods, against a fresh Australia preparing for the Tri Nations.

Then in November a fresh and under prepared Welsh team will be playing worn out Tri Nations teams who are desperate for their off season.

You can't really gauge anything from those games. The 6 Nations is far more important and accurate because we are going head to head with teams in exactly the same situation as us.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

Its a good point AD, but I still think it is very important that Wales start regularly beating SH teams and become more ambitious with the results and position in the ranks of World Rugby.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:01 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Its a good point AD, but I still think it is very important that Wales start regularly beating SH teams and become more ambitious with the results and position in the ranks of World Rugby.
Beating the Tri-Nations occasionally would be a start. What is it, two wins and a draw (all at home and all Aus) in 10 years? Maybe beating them once away would be progress. Too early to start talking seriously about beating them regularly. Baby steps mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:03 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Its a good point AD, but I still think it is very important that Wales start regularly beating SH teams and become more ambitious with the results and position in the ranks of World Rugby.
Beating the Tri-Nations occasionally would be a start. What is it, two wins and a draw (all at home and all Aus) in 10 years? Maybe beating them once away would be progress. Too early to start talking seriously about beating them regularly. Baby steps mate.

They almost won a few times Safe, surely that counts for something?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:10 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

They almost won a few times Safe, surely that counts for something?
Good point. Two 'almosts' and a 'nearly' count double in a blue moon (don't forget to invoke the moral factor which means you get an extra turn). So, by my calculations they're winning regularly. Except when they aren't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:13 pm

Look at it this way. New Zealand are yet to beat this Welsh side.
They cant call themselves real world champions or the undisputed best side in the world until they conquer the side that beat Ireland, twice.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:14 pm

Who saying Wales are great? The imaginary welsh men that sit on your shoulders?

slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:16 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Look at it this way. New Zealand are yet to beat this Welsh side.
They cant call themselves real world champions or the undisputed best side in the world until they conquer the side that beat Ireland, twice.

three times, just saying Whistle

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:33 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Look at it this way. New Zealand are yet to beat this Welsh side.

three times, just saying Whistle

Well 4 since they last played NZ, but i discounted the two won by the refs.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:36 pm

And dont forget Wales beat England last week because of the ref.

Must be some kind of conspiracy
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:41 pm

slartibartfast wrote:And dont forget Wales beat England last week because of the ref.

Jeez so negative. Next thing youll be saying that Wales' top spot after 3 rounds is devalued.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:59 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
slartibartfast wrote:And dont forget Wales beat England last week because of the ref.

Jeez so negative. Next thing youll be saying that Wales' top spot after 3 rounds is devalued.

:yawn:
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:45 pm

PM for Slartibartfast.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:11 am

PJHolybloke wrote:PM for Slartibartfast.

What's PM?
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:15 am

Prime Minister?
Post Merediam?
Pre Menstrual?
Private Message?

I'd rather vote Slarti for PM than the current bunch of Muppet though.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:47 am

Slarti,
Wales team are looking even better after that shambles in Paris.
Reference your Welsh men on our shoulders, I'll quote Newton:
(approx) "If I have seen further, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants"

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:48 am

gregortree wrote:Slarti,
Wales team are looking even better after that shambles in Paris.
Reference your Welsh men on our shoulders, I'll quote Newton:
(approx) "If I have seen further, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants"

Could have been a ladder too. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 05 Mar 2012, 3:20 pm

I think you´ll find that was Shane Williams who said that and not Newton. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Mar 2012, 3:25 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:I think you´ll find that was Shane Williams who said that and not Newton. Whistle

to be truthfull, he would see much further if he stepped from the road onto the pavement. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

Dan Newton? He's quite short as well.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 05 Mar 2012, 3:48 pm

Kia - Shane - good one ! Laugh

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4