The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eagles use Franchise tag on Jackson

+2
Good Golly I'm Olly
cherriesfna
6 posters

Go down

Eagles use Franchise tag on Jackson Empty Eagles use Franchise tag on Jackson

Post by cherriesfna Thu 01 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

what do we all make of this descion by the eagles then?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Eagles use Franchise tag on Jackson Empty Re: Eagles use Franchise tag on Jackson

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 02 Mar 2012, 3:20 am

Clever, give him one more shot, Andy Reid must feel he can get him playing at the level he was in 2010
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Eagles use Franchise tag on Jackson Empty Re: Eagles use Franchise tag on Jackson

Post by adams_legend Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:08 am

What does it mean when a players is franchised by a team?

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:12 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_tag

Basically,the player gets a very high wage (average of the top 5 for that position I think) but most stay with the team for another year unless he is traded. It's a year contract with big money.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:01 am

At first thought it might be a poor idea, but it is quite clever (if they've got the cap room to afford it) gives him a final chance to prove he's worth the drama. I don't think he'll ever be the 70+ catches receiver but he does have the ability to make a big impact on the game with his long catches (averages 17.8 yards).

Adams_legend, it's a one year contract which pays either the average of the 5 top paid players at that position or 110% of your current wage (whichever is highest, unless this changed in the CBA), stops your best player disappearing if you just need extra time to sort the long-term contract out.

When does free agency start?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:17 am

Free agency starts March 13th.

And here's a list of notable free agents to be (as it stands) from NFL.com: click here.

Last edited by Lowlandbrit on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down