The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attn : Spouters of sanctimonious claptrap regarding PRL and player release

5 posters

Go down

Attn : Spouters of sanctimonious claptrap regarding PRL and player release Empty Attn : Spouters of sanctimonious claptrap regarding PRL and player release

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

Stuart Lancaster wrote:Our intention was to retain the starting 15 from Wales for training tomorrow but under IRB Regulation 9 Scarlets haves a requested Ben Morgan so he will be returning to play for them on Friday."

So where the outrage now?

Obviously its perfectly reasonable of Scarlets to call him back, and fully in line with the situation Lancaster was aware of when he picked him. It also highlights why the RFU have been keen to discourage their players moving to French/Japanese clubs.

Theres a general assumption Morgan will be moving to Gloucester, pretty much confirmed now Narraway has signed for a French club so this wont be an issue for him next season. The EPS payments exist to allow England full control over the elite players during and outside the IRB window. Even though they comepnsate Scarlets for the player, and insure him fully, they cannot demand his release in the way many people have claimed the WRU should be able to from English clubs for the likes of Peel in the past.

Not a big deal, just wanted to make a point.

Last edited by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Attn : Spouters of sanctimonious claptrap regarding PRL and player release Empty Re: Attn : Spouters of sanctimonious claptrap regarding PRL and player release

Post by miteyironpaw Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

Yeah, PSW, I couldn't help but notice he'd released 18 players, but seemed to be making special fuss about Morgan. I didn't really get it, but frankly I don't see him as much of a loss even if he doesn't return ever, so, whatever.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Attn : Spouters of sanctimonious claptrap regarding PRL and player release Empty Re: Attn : Spouters of sanctimonious claptrap regarding PRL and player release

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm

They've released Morgan back to the Scarlets, but I believe their medical team have declared him unfit anyway?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:They've released Morgan back to the Scarlets, but I believe their medical team have declared him unfit anyway?

Haha is that true? If so they are cheeky sausages.

Unfit to run around a park for more than 60 minutes would appear to be a fair assesment though. Waldrom may be a lardy bum but Morgan makes him look like hes been on a Polish holiday with Gatland.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:58 pm

Part of the EPS deal gives England medical control over the players. I doubt the England camp can just declare a non-EPS player unfit and the team not be able to counter it if untrue

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 02 Mar 2012, 1:32 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Part of the EPS deal gives England medical control over the players. I doubt the England camp can just declare a non-EPS player unfit and the team not be able to counter it if untrue
I thought it was the other way round in this instance, Thunor, with Scarlets' medics declaring him unfit? Could be wrong, mind ...

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 1:42 pm

Calf strain according to the Scarlets I believe.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down