The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible New England Kit, would you buy it?

+14
Woodstock
gowales
Glas a du
thebluesmancometh
Knowsit17
gelodge
eirebilly
niwatts
EnglishReign
yappysnap
SecretFly
Looseheaded
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
HERSH
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you buy it?

Possible New England Kit, would you buy it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Possible New England Kit, would you buy it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Possible New England Kit, would you buy it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap78%Possible New England Kit, would you buy it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 25 ]
Possible New England Kit, would you buy it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Possible New England Kit, would you buy it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 32

Possible New England Kit, would you buy it? - Page 2 Empty Possible New England Kit, would you buy it?

Post by HERSH Sat 03 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Possible New England Kit,

https://s1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/HERSH606/hersh%20england%20kit/?action=view&current=maincopy.jpg
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Possible New England Kit, would you buy it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible New England Kit, would you buy it?

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:21 am

Not sure if he's named for the festival or the little yellow birdy?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Possible New England Kit, would you buy it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible New England Kit, would you buy it?

Post by gelodge Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

HERSH wrote:
gelodge wrote:
HERSH wrote:
plus thats the away kit and the cut panels & texturing are different. Erm

No, you're wrong again. The cut and texturing on the home & away French test shirts are identical:

http://www.prodirectrugby.com/prodinfo.asp?DPID=PDR-010-009-071&GROUP=FRA

http://www.prodirectrugby.com/prodinfo.asp?DPID=PDR-010-009-070&GROUP=FRA

You're making the mistake of comparing it to the replica shirt:

http://www.prodirectrugby.com/prodinfo.asp?DPID=PDR-010-009-074&GROUP=FRA

Wrong again my friend they're different shirts, different cuts etc. Open your eyes! Shocked

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Trying to claim that these two shirts have different cuts is plain ridiculous. Have you also claimed that the World is flat and the sun orbits the Earth on this forum?

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

I'd buy the new shirt - if they made them Prop sized!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

I can see why people pay a lot for shirts to support their teams and the attraction of being in a crowd similarly attired - which must be pretty annoying when new 'kit' comes in for commercial reasons - but I've never felt the urge to buy more than a rosette in team colours from a street seller. Is there something wrong with my attitude?

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:10 pm

optimist wrote:I can see why people pay a lot for shirts to support their teams and the attraction of being in a crowd similarly attired - which must be pretty annoying when new 'kit' comes in for commercial reasons - but I've never felt the urge to buy more than a rosette in team colours from a street seller. Is there something wrong with my attitude?

Not a blessed thing. You are not a sheep, if that's any consolation Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

optimist wrote:I can see why people pay a lot for shirts to support their teams and the attraction of being in a crowd similarly attired - which must be pretty annoying when new 'kit' comes in for commercial reasons - but I've never felt the urge to buy more than a rosette in team colours from a street seller. Is there something wrong with my attitude?

Not at all, half the time the shirts are covered up by coats anyway. I have bought precisely one replica shirt in my entire 36 years on this Earth, it's a Chiefs top which i bought in a teary, 'emotional' state when we wre promoted and i've worn it to precisely 0 matches. Don't see the point.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:39 pm

gelodge wrote:
HERSH wrote:
gelodge wrote:
HERSH wrote:

No, you're wrong again. The cut and texturing on the home & away French test shirts are identical:

Wrong again my friend they're different shirts, different cuts etc. Open your eyes! Shocked

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Trying to claim that these two shirts have different cuts is plain ridiculous. Have you also claimed that the World is flat and the sun orbits the Earth on this forum?

But they are a different cut to the England shirts, which was the point I was making, please try and keep up!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Mar 2012, 2:20 pm

Where's Cari? The vote looks like a man sausage and balls!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Mon 05 Mar 2012, 8:35 pm

HERSH wrote:
gelodge wrote:
HERSH wrote:
gelodge wrote:
HERSH wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But they are a different cut to the England shirts, which was the point I was making, please try and keep up!

That wasn't the last point in the conversation you made that I was replying to, you very clearly stated about the French shirt:

HERSH wrote:thats the away kit and the cut panels & texturing are different. Erm

Glad that you have finally admitted you were wrong.

Regarding comparison of the England and French shirts, again, as I previously said:

gelodge wrote:Aside from the collars I don't really see anything significant. The cut, panels & texturing are identical.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 05 Mar 2012, 8:38 pm

has a built-in beer belly demarcation thingy, how weird

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 05 Mar 2012, 8:44 pm

Glas,
re where's Cari ? well the French logo is 'Le Coq Sportif' which I suppose might appeal to the valley girls. Those Frenchies enjoy a touch of 'double entendre' the dirty rascals.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:39 am

gregortree wrote:has a built-in beer belly demarcation thingy, how weird

Weird! Look at your england supporter, makes perfect sense to me.

Whistle
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:24 am

Woody,
and let's pan over to the Millenium: red pouched beer bellies topped off with pink cowboy hats and daffs - and that is just the women. I'm not sure that fat fans of any nation should be allowed anywhere near replica kit - totally ruins the brand image for the -ahem - commercial backers.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:08 am

Nothing wrong with dressing like a daffodil and the pink hats are almost as extinct as English tries! Dressing up like St George the patron saint of many countries is funnier.

My name ... Kiwi's would know,.

Angry?? No Hersh amused if anything, knowing there are clowns like you puts a smile on my face. Young? I wish.
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:40 am

Woodstock wrote:Nothing wrong with dressing like a daffodil and the pink hats are almost as extinct as English tries! Dressing up like St George the patron saint of many countries is funnier.

My name ... Kiwi's would know,.

Angry?? No Hersh amused if anything, knowing there are clowns like you puts a smile on my face. Young? I wish.

5:08am

Laugh Get a life!

But thanks for your wonderful comments, appreciated as always Whistle
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:48 am

4:39am Laugh
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:02 am

Aw poor Hersh, did you not realise I live in New Zealand. Whoops dropped a little bollox there me old son.

Good effort for one so far the the foodchain Erm
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:09 am

She's up!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:40 am

gregortree wrote:Woody,
and let's pan over to the Millenium: red pouched beer bellies topped off with pink cowboy hats and daffs - and that is just the women. I'm not sure that fat fans of any nation should be allowed anywhere near replica kit - totally ruins the brand image for the -ahem - commercial backers.

It's a bit off-thread, I know, but in EastEnders the other night a barmaid in the Queen Vic pub was wearing a daffodil hat exactly like some female fans in the Millennium Stadium.

When the landlord pointed out that nobody in the Queen Vic was Welsh, she explained that - no - the daffodil hat was Greek - the story of Narcissus - obvious, really!

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:48 am

Greek Tragedy (fashion): Being born in Limehouse, I can vouch for the cultural sophistication of the East End, especially in the rub a dub dubs.
I'm sure it is an ancient Greek narcissisic reference down at The Vic.

Perhaps this also explains what they are doing at the Millenium, coming over all narcissistic about how beautiful their rugby appears to them when they gaze into the reflective mirror of the Taff.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:08 am

gregortree wrote:Greek Tragedy (fashion): Being born in Limehouse, I can vouch for the cultural sophistication of the East End, especially in the rub a dub dubs.
I'm sure it is an ancient Greek narcissisic reference down at The Vic.

Perhaps this also explains what they are doing at the Millenium, coming over all narcissistic about how beautiful their rugby appears to them when they gaze into the reflective mirror of the Taff.

As a Wales supporter since the mid-1950s, who also lives in Cardiff, I understand exactly what you mean. But even after the river clean-up of the past few years, I wouldn't describe the Taff as a reflective mirror!

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:34 am

ok Opti, thanks.
I was there twice in '99 (opener and RWC final), and the Taff was a bit murky even after years of clean up.
The Welsh fans do get self absorbed with how 'beautiful' their rugby looks. (England rugby being 'ugly' apparently when we win). And fair play, the current Welsh side are looking v good, even to this Englishman at the moment.
But those large girls at the Millie should be kept away from those tight replica shirts Hersh OP was on about. Bad for the sponsors image, apart from Brains' maybe.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

What's even more alarming is the sight of them going along Westgate Street on the way to the stadium. Some look heftier than the forwards I played with in the '50s! Still, I don't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment of an occasion and the modern international game has been sewn up by sponsors and television companies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2