The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England lose against France & Ireland.....Who is the new England Manager?

+4
bedfordwelsh
majesticimperialman
Biltong
kingelderfield
8 posters

Go down

England lose against France & Ireland.....Who is the new England Manager? Empty England lose against France & Ireland.....Who is the new England Manager?

Post by kingelderfield Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:48 pm

With the news that the reformed football union have now named the panel that will chose the next English manager. I have to say how impressed I have been with my own self control and ability not to whoop with delight at the news that mr r andrew is to join the lucky five.

mr r andrew can appear to be enjoying the benefits of his endeavours as well as financial payments as remuneration from his employer. I understand this remuneration is not an insignificant amount. Well let me congratulate mr r andrew on his successes, if only they were those of the many England rugby supporters.

Still, let us not be diverted from our posting. Should the topic title present itself as reality, and i think this may happen, then who will be chosen to lead us to our salvation?

sir ian mcgeechan, dean richards, jim mallinder, toby booth, dean ryan, brendan venter, nick mallett, john kirwan.....perhaps mr r andrew?

Or will the temporary incumbent stuart lancaster beat the sensible odds and take the role on a permanent basis, who really knows. Personally, and you may have gathered that i'm a little left field on these things, with jim malinders decision to pass (a decision i am really struggling with) then I would go for richards, venter or booth in that order.

What say you?

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

England lose against France & Ireland.....Who is the new England Manager? Empty Re: England lose against France & Ireland.....Who is the new England Manager?

Post by Biltong Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:52 pm

Nick Mallet
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

England lose against France & Ireland.....Who is the new England Manager? Empty Re: England lose against France & Ireland.....Who is the new England Manager?

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

England lose against France & Ireland.....Who is the new England Manager?
by kingelderfield Today at 7:48 pm

When did England lose to France and Ireland? Headscratch

I wasn't aware that England have even played France, or Ireland. YET. chin

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

Personally I think they should have given the job to lancaster until at least after the summer tour then decide.

Unlike many before him, even if through neccesity he has brought in some young blood and whilst not totally perfect (where they expected to be) he has taken huge strides with them in a short period.

The problem that I see and fear for Lancaster is that the RFU will want a 'marque' signing/name to hang their hat on whatever happens between now and end of 6 Nations
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:22 pm

They are going to guve the job to Mallett, it was always going to happen I think. Thats a shame because Lancaster might very well be the right man. Everything he has done has been good and if he can find a decent attack coach he can turn England around. However after they lose to France and Ireland they will have sunk to 7th in the rankings and come 4th possibly even fifth (although thats pushing it) in the Six Nations.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 29 Feb 2012, 10:38 pm

Who are the applicants? Mallett and Lancaster are the only ones im aware of?

I think initially the rfu wanted a big name proven coach but as with the whole rednkap thing in soccer they may get forced along with a tidal wave of media and internet hype onto the lancaster bandwagon.

If they do stick bt himn id like to see someone from sanzar bought into the elite directors type role to help change the culture and attitude of english professional rugby and the academies.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 5:19 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:However after they lose to France and Ireland they will have sunk to 7th in the rankings and come 4th possibly even fifth (although thats pushing it) in the Six Nations.
7th/8th in the world and 4th in the 6 Nations is Gatland territory and Wales stuck with him...

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Thu 01 Mar 2012, 7:37 pm

We were down in 7th in 2009 so nothing new there. Don't want to be there but building a new squad and how they develop is the main thing right now.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:18 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:England lose against France & Ireland.....Who is the new England Manager?
by kingelderfield Today at 7:48 pm

When did England lose to France and Ireland? Headscratch

I wasn't aware that England have even played France, or Ireland. YET. chin

Where does he say England lost Madge? Surely if he was suggesting that, he'd say lost instead of lose?

I do think England will lose to France but beat Ireland. I also think that Lancaster will get the job on a permanent basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by stlowe Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:51 pm

Hopefully John Kirwan.

stlowe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down