The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Wales lose to France, will this help or hinder England against Ireland?

+4
kingjohn7
ScarletSpiderman
eirebilly
A World Cup and 3 Finals
8 posters

Go down

If Wales lose to France, will this help or hinder England against Ireland? Empty If Wales lose to France, will this help or hinder England against Ireland?

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:40 pm

Imagine that France beat Wales by 10 points, leaving England needing to beat Ireland by 28 I think, how would that effect our approach? IMO the margin in this case would be too big and England would probably stick to their original game plan, but with perhaps only 15 to 20 points needed, would we/should we throw caution to the wind and possibly precipitate a loss that may have been a win? What would be the best approach in this instance?

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

If Wales lose to France, will this help or hinder England against Ireland? Empty Re: If Wales lose to France, will this help or hinder England against Ireland?

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

I honestly dont think that the score in thw Wales France match will have any bearing at all on how SL will approach the Ireland game to be honest.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

If Wales lose to France, will this help or hinder England against Ireland? Empty Re: If Wales lose to France, will this help or hinder England against Ireland?

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:44 pm

To be honest if I were Lancaster I wouldn't let the team know what the outcome of Wales V France was. Knowing you need to win by a set score is probably more of a hinderance than a gain. People tend to get to the magic score line and then shut up shop and try to defend the score line, which could end up fatal.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:45 pm

Yeah thats what i would be thinking Scarlet but i am sure that the news would filter through to the England camp anyways.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:48 pm

No I`m sure you`re right Billy but if we`re say 10 points clear with 30 mins on the clock it will definately play on the minds of the players and may adversely effect our approach or drive us on to a miracle, either way surely the Wales France result will have an impact on our game.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:50 pm

I think they wouldnt change anything and just go out and play as they have prepared. towards the end of the game then it would come into play, i.e not just closing out the game if ahead, going for a lineout from a pen not 3 points etc

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:52 pm

Oh, i am sure that if England were in front with 20 minutes to and needed to win by 20+ points that they would throw the kitchen sink at Ireland. It will have some impact on the game but only as the game goes on, it will have no bearing on SL's approach to the game though i feel.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

Don`t forget nerves, if the championship is decided there would less pressure on England, with it still on the nerves will be jangling.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:34 pm

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:Imagine that France beat Wales by 10 points, leaving England needing to beat Ireland by 28 I think, how would that effect our approach? IMO the margin in this case would be too big and England would probably stick to their original game plan, but with perhaps only 15 to 20 points needed, would we/should we throw caution to the wind and possibly precipitate a loss that may have been a win? What would be the best approach in this instance?

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Reminds me of a song from The Eagles ------------- Desperado Yahoo Yahoo thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:37 pm

I think England should play their natural game and not try and play any different to what they have been playing already.

I do think it is possible that France will beat Wales, even though Wales are playing some good and some times not so good rugby but are winning games. They (Wales) are 4 from 4.

France will not want to lose this last game of the tournament, they will want to prove that the RWC was not a fluke, that the loss to England was a one off.

Whether or not France will win by a landlside or a few points i dont know.
Even if France do win, will England still need alot of points to make up the difference?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:41 pm

Whether or not France will win by a landlside or a few points i dont know.
Yahoo Yahoo

1 out 8 Cats prefer Winalot Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:52 pm

Yahoo Best of luck tomorrow. Hug

I think you are going to need it. Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:44 pm

England will attempt the world record number of charge downs in a match!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:04 am

eirebilly wrote:Oh, i am sure that if England were in front with 20 minutes to and needed to win by 20+ points that they would throw the kitchen sink at Ireland. It will have some impact on the game but only as the game goes on, it will have no bearing on SL's approach to the game though i feel.
I think you got it right, mate. Play the plan which has generallly worked and obtained improvment. But if England get a sniff of winning the Six Nations, they will do what any team would do. And that is go bananas to get the points needed. But only if Wales lose and they have a shot. Right now, thats a long, long shot. And Ireland might just have something to say about that.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down