The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JuanMa Lopez /Orlando Salido - The ReMatch - This Saturday Predictions

+5
d260005p
Imperial Ghosty
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
TopHat24/7
AlexHuckerby
9 posters

Go down

JuanMa Lopez /Orlando Salido - The ReMatch - This Saturday Predictions Empty JuanMa Lopez /Orlando Salido - The ReMatch - This Saturday Predictions

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 05 Mar 2012, 4:52 pm

This promises to be a real cracker much like the first fight.

JuanMa was obviously heavy favourite the first time going in unbeaten and looking as though a big FW fight with Gamboa was imminent until disaster struck with Salido - Lets be real - KTFO of Lopez.

Now Lopez is gunning to avenge his only defeat, Salido let's be real, ain't the greatest of all time but is one tough SOB and if he goes out its usually on his shield.

I see JuanMa as the winner this time but with Salido a very live underdog, it's another great Mexican/Puerto Rican rivalry (The fight is in Puerto Rico by the way)

The fights going to be on Showtime but not sure if BoxNation will be also picking it up.

So how you lot see this one going?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

JuanMa Lopez /Orlando Salido - The ReMatch - This Saturday Predictions Empty Re: JuanMa Lopez /Orlando Salido - The ReMatch - This Saturday Predictions

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:02 pm

Think JuanMa might just take this one, decision result.

Then again maybe I'm slightly biaised as I'd still really like to see the Gamboa fight come off....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

JuanMa Lopez /Orlando Salido - The ReMatch - This Saturday Predictions Empty Re: JuanMa Lopez /Orlando Salido - The ReMatch - This Saturday Predictions

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

If its on Showtime it's probably on Premier Sports Sad

I see this one going a similar way and can see Lopez winning till round 6ish before he fades and i can see another KO or stoppage win for Salido

Either way should be brilliant!

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

Hoping Salido wins again but can't see it, him winning the first fight was the best thing to happen to boxing for a long time.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

Gah, looks like a stream it is then... I meant like a river officers....

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:08 pm

Juanma Lopez UD 12

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote: him winning the first fight was the best thing to happen to boxing for a long time.

Why do you think that? It derailed the momentum of the Gamboa fight which would have seen who was the best FW, though it was a great fight and I was happy for Salido and also not saying it was a BAD thing I can't quite get how it was one of the best things to happen to Boxing...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:18 pm

It screwed Bob Arum, he should have made the fight sooner and I for one was delighted to see his masterplan wrecked in a fight he considered to be low risk.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:25 pm

Does Bob Arum EVER risk his fighters??

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:33 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It screwed Bob Arum, he should have made the fight sooner and I for one was delighted to see his masterplan wrecked in a fight he considered to be low risk.

Ah, good point, never actually saw it that way. Getting a chance to laugh at Arum does rank up there with the greatest moment in the sports history, I'll grant you that.

Rios/Gamboa is a bit of a risk I guess. Both got an '0' though I suppose you could say Rios loses its to (What is possibly) a future great and that he could barely make the weight anymore (Evidence with the Murray fight) and he can move to 140 and will always be in exciting fights. If Gamboa loses it was because he's jumping 2 weight divisions and taking on a tank of a LW.

But its always hard to know what will happen to someones stock when they take there first loss.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:36 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:It screwed Bob Arum, he should have made the fight sooner and I for one was delighted to see his masterplan wrecked in a fight he considered to be low risk.

Ah, good point, never actually saw it that way. Getting a chance to laugh at Arum does rank up there with the greatest moment in the sports history, I'll grant you that.

Rios/Gamboa is a bit of a risk I guess. Both got an '0' though I suppose you could say Rios loses its to (What is possibly) a future great and that he could barely make the weight anymore (Evidence with the Murray fight) and he can move to 140 and will always be in exciting fights. If Gamboa loses it was because he's jumping 2 weight divisions and taking on a tank of a LW.

But its always hard to know what will happen to someones stock when they take there first loss.

That's the thing, what appears to be a high risk fight is in fact a very low risk one, they both legitimate reasons for losing so it wont effect their stock too much, neither fighter I imagine will be fighting at lightweight the fight after.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:21 pm

Been looking forward to this for a while now.

The first fight was very very entertaining as salido is a tough pressure fighter and juanma is a powerful boxer puncher who is open defensively.

Juanma needed a reality check. He had been hurt in the past but was do reliant I blasting people out in 4 rounds. As Gamboa and many others have shown, salido isn't going to be blasted out.

Salido is a nightmare stylistically for Lopez as Lopez isn't someone who fights on the back foot. He ate so many right hands it is surprising how it went to the 8th. Lopez looks in much better shape and seems a lot more focused than last time. I think Lopez will fare much better but with salido coming on very strong in the last 3 rounds with Lopez hitting the deck but I think it will be a UD or SD to lopez with many people calling it a hometown decision

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:40 pm

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:If its on Showtime it's probably on Premier Sports Sad

I see this one going a similar way and can see Lopez winning till round 6ish before he fades and i can see another KO or stoppage win for Salido

Did you think Lopez was winning that first fight? I thought Salido was well on top.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:42 pm

I had Salido well on top but that may be because I had a strong feeling he was going to finish before the end but Lopez was boxing fairly well for the most part.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:34 pm

Salido by KO again, Lopez can't handle the pressure and will cave in again.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:19 pm

On the face of it, Im not really sure why things would go differently. I had Salido as well on top in the last fight. His lateral movement was causing Lopez problems. He was happy to invite Lopez onto him and catch him with hard shots. Stylewise he just seemed to have Lopez number.

Lopez has power which always gives him a chance. But is he over reliant on it? In some ways the Salido fight suggested he might be. Has much changed since that fight? Lopez has never really shown any tendncy to adapt in a fight. And to be fair, hes never really had to. Im not convinced he can up with anything much different to overcome the problems Salido gave him.

I havent seen Salido in action since then so I dont know if hes slid a little or looked a bit off in his last few fights but results dont really suggest it. Il be interested to see if Lopez can show any adjustments but for now I would be tempted to think not much has changed since the last fight where I thought Salido just had his number.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:22 pm

Think the Marquez fight showed up Lopez's vulnerabilities, were he to have the version of Rafa two years previously he would have been stopped fairly quickly but he was fortunate to face a very battle worn opponent.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:27 pm

I think lopez will try to box, get tagged and then revert to his old style and get knocked out.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:40 am

Rather arguable that JuanMa had a heck of a lot of out of ring distractions at the time, what with getting divorced and all, and he didnt look as sharp as usual in the first fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:38 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:If its on Showtime it's probably on Premier Sports Sad

Did you think Lopez was winning that first fight? I thought Salido was well on top.

Sorry for late reply,

I thought Salido was winning first one two and hurt him numerous times, i think this time Lopez will try and box more and stay away from Salidos power punches, but i can only see him being able to do this for 6-8 rounds

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 7:47 pm

I had Lopez edging the first 3 then Salido winning 4th and knoking him down in 5th then winning the 6th gave JuanMa 7th then Salido winning the fight so I had it very close points wise

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:40 pm

I just saw Salidos last fight actually with Weng Haya and he looked pretty poor in it. He was dropped twice pretty hard in two seperate rounds and was far more hittable than I have seen him before. Perhaps team Lopez feel the timing is right.

The Haya bout was a non title affair a few pounds above Salidos normal featherweight. Haya was an unranked challenger with a very mediocre record and only 21 years of age also.

Perhaps there was an element of not taking the non title bout all that serously, but it would definately make me less confident about Salido chances as he really did look out of sorts in it. I can definately see why Lopez would want the fight on the back of that showing. Salido looked alot more open and less mobile than usual against a pretty untidy fighter and if he gets he is as slow or as open as that against Lopez then he wont hear the final bell.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:51 am

Salido has always extremely hittable to be fair, its possible he just wasnt at the races, you can imagine he will be bringing his A Game for Lopez.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu 08 Mar 2012, 3:54 pm

Just seen this is on boxnation

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 08 Mar 2012, 5:00 pm

Have to hand it to BoxNation got good fights so far, wonder how much its costing them to keep these type of fights up cos I cant imagine theyre rolling in it from the subscription fees.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu 08 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

i heard someone say they got 40,000 new subscribers for chisora vs vitali Erm

and yeah fair play to them showing this, no other channel would bother

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:44 am

Really christ that means they could be well on there way to 100K...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:28 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Really christ that means they could be well on there way to 100K...

100,000 x £10 = £1,000,000 a month in subscription fees, plus money for advertising etc, maybe not on course for an epic fail after all.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Really christ that means they could be well on there way to 100K...

100,000 x £10 = £1,000,000 a month in subscription fees, plus money for advertising etc, maybe not on course for an epic fail after all.

That's excluding any expenses though,

In regards to the fight, salido had to hit juanma a lot before eh went down. It wasn't like he got hit and was down straight away. Salido is tough and durable but is limited. Lopez didn't look on form last time, his hands were slower as we're his feet. Lopez will know that he can't get into a war, he needs to hit and move and gradually bust salido up. Salido needs to just pressure pressure pressure, but if Lopez is better prepared than before than salido might need to mix it up, something he's not great at doing

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

Agree WHU, he was most certainly not on form and Salido couldn't miss with the hooks, you just have to feel Lopez will be far more wary of the wild hooks this time, must also say that JuanMa stood up to a lot of punishment before being finished so if he avoids uust 50% of those hooks this time he should be fine.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down