The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salido v Lopez II - even better than the first

+9
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
tcribb
AlexHuckerby
manos de piedra
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Melkor
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Yojimbonufc
Seanusarrilius
13 posters

Go down

Salido v Lopez II - even better than the first Empty Salido v Lopez II - even better than the first

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 11 Mar 2012, 4:59 am

What a fight. Both fighters tried different things early but then it exploded after 4. Salido down, JunaMa down and out in ten. Brilliant.

Only sour point was Lopez after fight interview, accuses ref of foul play, says he is a gambler (which may be true but doesn't factor). Lopez lost and Salido did what he had to to stop the judges taking it from him.

Salido dominated a war. Great fight!

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Salido v Lopez II - even better than the first Empty Re: Salido v Lopez II - even better than the first

Post by Yojimbonufc Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:07 am

The judge's scorecards were shocking (and the post fight interview) but great fight.

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Salido v Lopez II - even better than the first Empty Re: Salido v Lopez II - even better than the first

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:24 am

Exactly

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:00 am

great fight, both have great heart, Lopez would win if he would box and use his head

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Sun 11 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

Already put this on the other thread but o well.

Didn't see the fight, but saw the stoppage. Lopez is a disgrace for his comments. He should be pressed for an apology and fined if not forthcoming. Sounds like he was being set up to win on the cards in a disgust way if you're right. For him to say "he was out power punching me 2:1 but I was dominating him" shows he's just a bad sport, a poor loser and his accusation against the ref was the cherry on top. Hope his career is done for that.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Mar 2012, 1:45 pm

Disgusting by Lopez, got battered from pillar to post and was outlanded, he was off his feet for the last 2 rounds and when he was knocked down he feel into the re an didn't have his hands up. How change blame he ref, the red was calling every body shot from salido a low blow while Lopez got away with a few including a clear elbow.

Lopez tried to box on the back foot but was still getting hit by Power shots. Salido looked a lot faster an got up from a huge knockdown. Lopez was defensively better but the difference in the end was his defence. He didn't bob, weave or slipp the punches when against the ropes whereas salido rolled most of the head punches

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:40 pm

Very good scrap but seems like Salido just has the antidote to Lopez stylewise and that Lopez is really incapable of adjsting and is somewhat limited and reliant on power.

I think Lopez will always be a good value for money fighter but will never really be the top pound for pound material he was once considered for.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Mar 2012, 3:09 pm

Lopez just had to move his head, he never moved it, constant static target and ended up trading, what were the judges scorecards by the way?

Full credit to Salido but Lopez complained like a ***** in the first fight when stopped on his feet, he needs to rewatch it, he was completely gone, if the referee allowed him to continue it would have just ended up even worse for him, he couldn't deal with the constant pressure again. Slaido fought a great fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Mar 2012, 3:32 pm

85-85
86-84 Lopez
86-84 Lopez

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

Not OUTRAGEOUS, there was a knockdown and Lopez had won a fair few rounds also.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Not OUTRAGEOUS, there was a knockdown and Lopez had won a fair few rounds also.

Maybe 3 rounds at most including the round with the knockdown which was a 10-9 round as salido was dominating him.

If you thought salido lost more than 5 rounds I ask you to watch it again. He was doin everything right to win a round. He was 1.) the aggressor 2.) out working him 3.) landing the cleaner punches 4.) shaking Lopez with every shot 5.) slipping Lopez shots. It's hard to give Lopez rounds in the first 4 and maybe the 8th or 9th was his because w was goin forward but salido was catching him with every shot. Lopez got caught with 250 power shots and salido got hit with less than 150.

The rounds salido won were easy to score whereas Lopez rounds were very close. It was outrageous

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:28 pm

Didn't score it so it doesn't seem as mental I guess, perhaps I'm wrong, but it didn't seem like a crazy score when I read it and reflected on what I saw.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun 11 Mar 2012, 6:40 pm

Superb fight, had Salido 3 up before the ending came. Was the superior fighter throughout the battle and as WHU said you really had to struggle giving Lopez the rounds you give him.

Salido hand speed was most impressive and did a tremendous number on Lopez, great fight, best man won without a doubt.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:20 pm

It was a mental scorecard Alex, Salido was battering him from pillar to post

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm

Agree 100% Sean,

Dan Raphael and other writers where on Twitter saying how glad they were that Salido brought his own two judges (fists lol).

Im glad too, because I had a gut feeling that a robbery was on the cards for this one.

When Lopez stood up after the knockdown it reminded me of when Enzo Mac got Ko'ed by Frinkle (I think, can't remember which one, but the bad one) If Salido had of been let near him it would have been a oxygen mask knock out for Lopez.

Can't believe he accused the ref of being a gambling addict and thats why he lost. His team released a apology yesterday which hopefully puts it to bed, but it reeks of Top Rank PR rather than Lopez himself. It made Khan's whining seem like a little tut.

I honestly don't see Lopez going much further P4P wise, a decent pressure fighter who can take a punch walks through him.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

I only gave Lopez the 1st, 4th and 5th. I couldn't see a case for a 10-8 round in the 5th though he was getting destroyed until a knockdown right at the end of the round. Salido was really clever in taking a knee until the count reached 9 to give maximum recovery. This was something Lopez should learn. Score cards are laughable, but so was one judges scorecard for the Donaire fight against Vasquez Jr.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 12 Mar 2012, 2:15 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Agree 100% Sean,

Dan Raphael and other writers where on Twitter saying how glad they were that Salido brought his own two judges (fists lol).

Im glad too, because I had a gut feeling that a robbery was on the cards for this one.

When Lopez stood up after the knockdown it reminded me of when Enzo Mac got Ko'ed by Frinkle (I think, can't remember which one, but the bad one) If Salido had of been let near him it would have been a oxygen mask knock out for Lopez.

Can't believe he accused the ref of being a gambling addict and thats why he lost. His team released a apology yesterday which hopefully puts it to bed, but it reeks of Top Rank PR rather than Lopez himself. It made Khan's whining seem like a little tut.

I honestly don't see Lopez going much further P4P wise, a decent pressure fighter who can take a punch walks through him.

disgraceful behaviour by Lopez. Lopez won't go right to the top i don't think. More than anything he has shipped a hell of a lot of punishment and it's telling now

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:28 pm

Admins is there really any need for the stupid massive advert at the top of each page on this site?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

Admins is there really any need for the stupid massive advert at the top of each page on this site?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:44 pm

Reborn, as far as adverts go it is pretty inoffensive.

In terms of the need for it, yes there is, as the forum needs to cover its running costs somehow.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 12 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

Its annoying just when (as Im sure many on here do) you try to sneak part of your working day on here and a big massive advert almost gets you caught each time steam

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:09 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Admins is there really any need for the stupid massive advert at the top of each page on this site?

with you on this one reborn, im in work so the adverts dont even come through its just a huge empty box on my page. always having to scroll down to see posts and it looks awful

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:44 am

The advert is 725 * 90. Hardly huge, probably more to do with the ancient browsers most companies use more than anything.

Really enjoyed this fight and was shocked when I heard that Salido was loosing.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:50 am

hampo171 wrote:The advert is 725 * 90. Hardly huge, probably more to do with the ancient browsers most companies use more than anything.

Really enjoyed this fight and was shocked when I heard that Salido was loosing.

it seems to have changed now for me, but it was taking up the whole screen before

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:01 pm

Lopez has been suspended for a year by the WBO, he has 5 days to respond to the punishment.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:44 pm

hampo171 wrote:Lopez has been suspended for a year by the WBO, he has 5 days to respond to the punishment.

Ridiculous, pointless punishment.

Salido is going to defend his belt against a few others now Lopez has been dispatched twice. It would prob be about 18 months (with or without a ban) before he even got a sniff at a trilogy maker.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down