The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Sports Golf and Swearing

+6
Mercurio
George1507
puligny
navyblueshorts
Maverick
Davie
10 posters

Go down

Sky Sports Golf and Swearing Empty Sky Sports Golf and Swearing

Post by Davie Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:44 pm

Yet again tonight we have David Livingstone donning his hair shirt and apologizing profusely for some bad language that may have been heard in the background of the golf coverage

Why does this happen so much? In my experience the 'merkins are far more worried about this sort of thing and yet it happens night after night on coverage that is provided by the Golf Channel or NBC

Do they have their coverage on tape delay so they can edit out the profanities? If so, why don't Sky do the same?

Who was the culprit tonight? Was it Tiger again as he seems to be in a minor meltdown situation?

Anyway if Sky are so worried about it why don't they operate the tape delay. It would save us having to hear Livingstone and his grovelling apologies

Davie

Back to top Go down

Sky Sports Golf and Swearing Empty Re: Sky Sports Golf and Swearing

Post by Maverick Sat 26 Mar 2011, 9:28 pm

Don't have a problem with Livingstone apologising just doing his job. Likewise don't have a problem with the players using profanity's they aren't the only ones who do it we all do as long as its not excessive and it wasn't tiger, it was I believe Spencer Levin

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 27 Mar 2011, 2:58 pm

I have no idea what-so-ever why they bother to apologise for something that is nothing to do with them. It's not their misdemeanour to apologise for and, frankly, I just find it irritating.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Sun 27 Mar 2011, 7:57 pm

Who gives a f...!!!!!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Sun 27 Mar 2011, 8:19 pm

It bothers me. I don't want to hear people swearing on TV. Perhaps most people do swear on the course, but generally the only audience will be their playing partners and a bloke walking his dog.

Golfers are paid $ millions to be examples on and off the course, and swearing isn't necessary.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sun 27 Mar 2011, 8:41 pm

It's not the words themselves that bother me (they're only words, after all), but rather the lack of control of the individual.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 28 Mar 2011, 11:26 am

Half the time I've not even heard the swearing (not that it would bother me if I did) but I really get p****d off when Livingstone goes on about it. furious He (and Sky) should stop being so precious.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 28 Mar 2011, 11:35 am

LadyPutt wrote:Half the time I've not even heard the swearing (not that it would bother me if I did) but I really get p****d off when Livingstone goes on about it. furious He (and Sky) should stop being so precious.

I think that's the point I was trying to make too LP. I agree that the golfers should have more self control but it's the "preciousness" of the Sky team that really bugs me

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 28 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

Livingstone's an idiot. He's worse than some of the WUMs for bigging up Woods, and then yesterday, Sergio got it to -5 and 4 back with 3 holes left. Ignoring the fact that at least 4 other players were -5, all of whom had at least 9 holes left, and that there were 3 players ahead of them, he started talking about Sergio winning.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by neutral07 Mon 28 Mar 2011, 12:53 pm

Maverick wrote:Don't have a problem with Livingstone apologising just doing his job. Likewise don't have a problem with the players using profanity's they aren't the only ones who do it we all do as long as its not excessive and it wasn't tiger, it was I believe Spencer Levin

1 rule for one and 1 rule for another

neutral07

Back to top Go down

Post by neutral07 Mon 28 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

LadyPutt wrote:Half the time I've not even heard the swearing (not that it would bother me if I did) but I really get p****d off when Livingstone goes on about it. furious He (and Sky) should stop being so precious.

Davie wrote:

I think that's the point I was trying to make too LP. I agree that the golfers should have more self control but it's the "preciousness" of the Sky team that really bugs me

You are an angel, everyone acting like they have never heard swearing in their life or like they dont swear themselves. Players aren't robots or machines, they are humans just like everyone else and they do get angry and swear [NEWSFLASH].

Last edited by neutral07 on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistakes)

neutral07

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 28 Mar 2011, 1:23 pm

neutral07 wrote:You are an angel, everyone acting like they have never heard swearing in their life or like they dont swear themselves. Players aren't robots or machines, they are humans just like everyone else and they do get angry and swear [NEWSFLASH].

You miss the point entirely my friend. It's not the swearing per se, it's the overly-sensitive precious reaction of the presenters being commented on here.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 28 Mar 2011, 1:24 pm

Can I suggest you read a few threads on here and get the general tone before you start posting, Neutral, as your angry rants aren't necessary or appreciated on here. We all like a bit of irony in a username but we'll have to make an exception in your case.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by neutral07 Mon 28 Mar 2011, 1:28 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
neutral07 wrote:You are an angel, everyone acting like they have never heard swearing in their life or like they dont swear themselves. Players aren't robots or machines, they are humans just like everyone else and they do get angry and swear [NEWSFLASH].

You miss the point entirely my friend. It's not the swearing per se, it's the overly-sensitive precious reaction of the presenters being commented on here.

I understand that, i am just adding to it because their some golf fans out there as well who react to swearing like they haven't heard or done it before.

SmithersJones wrote:Can I suggest you read a few threads on here and get the general tone before you start posting, Neutral, as your angry rants aren't necessary or appreciated on here. We all like a bit of irony in a username but we'll have to make an exception in your case.

May be you should ask why i gave a general comment before going on the attack Doh

Last edited by neutral07 on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistakes)

neutral07

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 28 Mar 2011, 1:49 pm

neutral07 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I understand that, i am just adding to it because their some golf fans out there as well who react to swearing like they haven't heard or done it before.

SmithersJones wrote:Can I suggest you read a few threads on here and get the general tone before you start posting, Neutral, as your angry rants aren't necessary or appreciated on here. We all like a bit of irony in a username but we'll have to make an exception in your case.

May be you should ask why i gave a general comment before going on the attack Doh

No, I've read 2 of your 3 (at the time) posts, and they were both aggressive and entirely out of keeping with the threads they appeared on. You've just joined and clearly are a WUM, so if you want to stay on here, tone it down.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 28 Mar 2011, 1:52 pm

SJ - I wouldn't say Neutral was a WUM .. but agree that it would be useful for him to read some more of the forum and get a general idea of the nature of the board before leaping in quite so agressively.

Welcome to the board, Neutral

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 28 Mar 2011, 2:08 pm

Davie wrote:SJ - I wouldn't say Neutral was a WUM .. but agree that it would be useful for him to read some more of the forum and get a general idea of the nature of the board before leaping in quite so agressively.

Welcome to the board, Neutral

Fair comment, Davie, thanks.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 28 Mar 2011, 3:12 pm

If Neutral had bothered to actually read what I had posted, he would have seen that I said the swearing doesn't bother me. Doh I can swear just as well as Tiger if I'm riled - perhaps even better.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by neutral07 Mon 28 Mar 2011, 4:05 pm

SmithersJones wrote:
neutral07 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

No, I've read 2 of your 3 (at the time) posts, and they were both aggressive and entirely out of keeping with the threads they appeared on. You've just joined and clearly are a WUM, so if you want to stay on here, tone it down.

Being able to comment on here isn't a matter of "life or death" to me

neutral07

Back to top Go down

Post by neutral07 Mon 28 Mar 2011, 4:11 pm

LadyPutt wrote:If Neutral had bothered to actually read what I had posted, he would have seen that I said the swearing doesn't bother me. Doh I can swear just as well as Tiger if I'm riled - perhaps even better.

I did the read your post, i just posted a general comment or may be you thought because i wasn't referring to Livingstone & others such Rob Lee talking about swearing, i didnt read it. I was agreeing that why are golf fans in general inc Skysports anchors always precious about swearing

neutral07

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 28 Mar 2011, 4:48 pm

neutral07 wrote:

Davie wrote:

You are an angel, everyone acting like they have never heard swearing in their life or like they dont swear themselves. Players aren't robots or machines, they are humans just like everyone else and they do get angry and swear [NEWSFLASH].

Perhaps THIS post was the problem Neutral - where you quoted both LadyPutt and I and then added yourself as if you were addressing us

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by neutral07 Mon 28 Mar 2011, 4:55 pm

@ Davie, yep

neutral07

Back to top Go down

Post by zhagga Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:22 am

It could have been that the broadcasters were
covering their own butts from the P.C. brigade

"that P.C. Brigade are Waayy more dangerous than the swearing"

zhagga

zhagga

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:14 pm

neutral07 wrote:
Maverick wrote:Don't have a problem with Livingstone apologising just doing his job. Likewise don't have a problem with the players using profanity's they aren't the only ones who do it we all do as long as its not excessive and it wasn't tiger, it was I believe Spencer Levin

1 rule for one and 1 rule for another

Dont see how my comment proves that point neutral!! I don't care if Tiger, Spencer or any pro swear its human nature, likewise I don't care if livingstone apologise or doesn't for any of them boxing

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down