The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

+7
stnick88
dammit_chris
Driver
Sgt_Pooly
Steven_Sharks
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
11 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 6 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 6 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Fantasy Aviva Premiership Current League Table

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 6 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
Ozzy3213
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LV Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:50 pm

Sharples wasn't in the game.

Annoying that last season he was on fire and missed out, and since his form has dropped off he gets in. Not really doing the player justice.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 12 Mar 2012, 5:00 pm

I'd give Sharples a standard 6, he done ok for debut but missed an easy tackle on Bonnaire and done little with ball in hand (not really his fault).

Barritt, Robshaw & Corbs would be around the 7/8 marks, they played better than Sharples but to be fair it was more a game for the forwards. Both Robshaw & Corbs tackled and carried well in the tight which is what we need really.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:14 pm

Robshaw made 24 tackles at the weekend
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:27 pm

Croft must have been a 9/10 on the performance, thought that was up there with his best ever game for England - lineout was immense, breakdown work and workrate exceptional and he had the confidence to run again.

Thought Dan Cole was a beast again - never really realised just how much work he does at the breakdown, slows ball down, steals ball - had a great scrum as well this week.

Only forward that didnt impress me was Botha - you can't fault the guys workrate or how often he puts his body on the line, but would much rather see Lawes, Parling or even Attwood playing instead of him - would probably have Garvery there instead too.

There's definitely a lot more to come from Sharples - the yellow card completely destroyed his confidence - I was very impressed with Ashton's defence, nothing seems to get passed him and when you have him, Strettle and Foden together there cant be many better backthree defences around?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:30 pm

Dan Cole was cracking, really stepped up this 6N

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

You reckon he's been our best forward? Got to be up there

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:41 pm

My opinion of Botha has improved this 6N , think he's stuck in the enforcer role and just does the hard graft. I don't think Attwood does much more than Botha.

Ashton needs dropping for Ireland game a kick up the arse could be what he needs to re find some form. I didn't think Sharples was that bad actually just lost his confidence a bit with the card.

For Ireland i'd line up with

1.Alex Corbisero
2.Dylan Hartley
3.Dan Cole
4.Matt Garvey
5.Geoff Parling
6.Tom Croft
7.Chris Robshaw
8.Ben Morgan

9.Lee Dickson
10.Owen Farrell
11.Charlie Sharples
12.Brad Barritt
13.Manu Tuilagi
14.Johnny May
15.Ben Foden

16.Rob Webber 17.Paul Doran-Jones 18.Tom Palmer 19.Tom Wood 20.Ben Youngs 21.Charlie Hodgson 22.Chris Ashton

we've got to treat this game as if France are going to beat Wales 35-0 and we need to win to claim the 6Ns.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:51 pm

Just had a look over what my potential squad will be next season ,

HK Luke Cowen-Dickie
HK Neil Clark - England
HK Damian Varley - Ireland

LH/TH Wyatt Crockett - New Zealand
LH Alistair Dickinson - Scotland*
LH Brett Sturgess - England
TH/LH Ben Alexander - Australia
TH Davit Zirkashvilli

LK Tommy Hayes (LK/N8) - Ireland
LK James Hudson - England
LK Julien Pierre - France*

FL Dave Ewers
FL Declan Danahar - England
FL Shane Jennings - Ireland
FL/N8 Ben Skirving - England

N8 Nick Easter - England
N8 Raphael Lakafi

SH Jimmy Cowen - New Zealand
SH Haydn Thomas - England
SH Junior Polliuegga - Samoa

FH Ronan O'Gara - Ireland *
FH Henry Slade
FH Nick McLeod - Wales

IC Andrea Masi - Italy*
IC Sam Hill - England
OC Mike Tindall - England
OC Chris Bell - England
OC Matt Smith - England
OC George Pisi - Samoa

WG Luke Fitzgerald (WG/FB/CE) - Ireland
WG Vasily Artemyev - Russia
WG Adam Thompstone (WG/OC)
WG Lachie Turner - Australia (FB)

FB Lee Byrne (FB/OC) - Wales
FB Luke Arscott (FB/WG) - England
FB Seb Visser - Netherlands
FB/CE Damian Traille - France
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:52 pm

That back three could struggle defensively. The only way I would drop Ashton is if Strettle is fit to start.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 12 Mar 2012, 7:00 pm

I wouldnt drop Ashton, think he plays a massive part in our defensive system - he was starting to look for the ball a bit more too against France.

I wouldnt consider May until he's had some time in the Saxons, cracking prospect but you dont want to repeat the Matthew Tait experience, especially against the Irish.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 12 Mar 2012, 7:12 pm

Shouldn't drop Ashton. We stuck with Croft when he could have been dropped and it worked out. We know Ashton can do it and there is know obvious replacement for him. (Whereas there was for Youngs)

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

I would not play may for another season. I would start sharples and strettle. Sharples is the form wing in the country and also his kick chase almost bought rewards a few times and we kick a lot. There was Also another one where If tuilagi had kicked sharples would have had a try. Think our team needs to learn that his gas offers different options to most wings.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:57 pm

Driver, Pooly - can't remember which one of you said this first but BBC are just saying that Dean Richards will be appointed at Falcons when his ban expires

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17346781

Reckon you could end up doing a Harlequins, year in Championship and then coming back very, very strong.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:58 pm

Worked for Saints.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:18 pm

It was Driver.

Would be a great move for us, we seriously need some structure and a head coach to attract English talent in.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:49 pm

You'd have a huge pool for them, think he's the sort of name that would attract them in and then keep them there, as so many players have come through and then join other clubs for success.

Part of me wanted Wasps to go down, so we could regroup and do what Saints and Quins have done, with the youth we have it would do wonders for us.

Bit concerned atm as McGeechan is targeting a lot of our better players for Bath - they reckon Simpson is top of their shopping list, bad enough losing Webber!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:37 am

Just a general question to raise some opinions guys. What do people generally think of Dan Lydiate? Hes a fantastic man for the tackle count and leading the defence but offers nothing on attack really. For me he is this generations Joe Worsley! He works in the Welsh backrow because Warburton and Falateu are so well rounded but would he look as good in the English backrow currently. Im not so sure.

I ask this as I was reading a thread on here last night where a Welsh poster stated Ferris would not currently get into the Welsh backrow over Dan Lydiate. On current form Ferris is probably the best BS in the world and is better at all facets of the game then Lydiate. I just can't see the attraction to Lydiate. If I were picking a Lions side Ferris/Croft/SOB would all get in before him for me anyways

What do you guys think?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:40 am

Ferris is different class to Lydiate.

I like Lydiate, great tackler and works hard, but not in the same league as Ferris.

Ferris and Kaino are a class above anyone at BS. Juan Smith is also when fit and firing.

I havent been massively impressed with Faletau this 6N. Think he has been slightly overated by a lot of people. Good player dont get me wrong, but not this world beater that some people make him out to be.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:47 am

I read the same thread SJE and I could see both sides of the argument.

Ferris is a better player than Lydiate and is definitely 100% a better ball carrier. I do however think that Lydiate is underated by some, his workrate is phenomenal. Individually, Warburton is the only Welsh back row forward that would walk into the English, Irish, French or even Italian back row.

However, the Welsh back row as a unit have just clicked for whatever reason. Would Ferris work as well in the unit? Or would his different game take away from what Warburton and Faletau do? There is unlikely to ever be a conclusive answer to that question unless the Lions back row is Ferris, Warburton, Faletau, and then we will see.

I can see why Welsh posters would say they would not take Ferris over Lydiate right now, as like I said the Welsh back row as a unit, works as well if not better than any other back row in the world right now.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:57 am

The thing with the Welsh backrow is its all about balance.

I read the same thread (the guy also said Tuilagi & Hartley were awful on Sunday which annoyed me a little lol. Hd also followed this up stating Hartley wouldn't be near a Lion jersey....like this had anything to do with his Sunday performance......and then said 3 Welsh hookers would be ahead of him, at that point I stopped reading)

Anyway.....Ferris is very good at what he does, big carries/tackles but would he suit the balance of the Welsh backrow? I'm not sure. He is a better player than Lydiate but Lydiate does a lot of the dirty work in the tight which allows Falateu & Warburton to have a little free roam in the loose.

I'm starting to see this with England also with Robshaw. It's no coincidence that Croft has it form as he doesn't need to be around the tight areas as Robshaw takes on the 1st phase tackles & hard yards. This frees up Croft to get in at the breakdown and carry in the fringes.

Think I'm trying to say a backrow is all about balance rather than individual brilliance.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:59 am

Yeah i could see the Welsh lads point but surely Ferris brings the same work rate if not better. He has out tackled Lydiate every week so far and just brings a completly different dimension to the attack.

I think the Welsh backrow is all about big defence but relys on Warburton to do an awful lot. Take him out of that backrow and it doesnt work. The Welsh could have better out and out poachers in there like Pocock/Brussow but it wouldnt work for me as there would be no carrying game.

If you put Joe Worsley (a player the Welsh derided for most of his career) into that backrow over Lydiate would the performance be much different?

Think Falateu was hyped up to early Nick. Hes a great talent but is still only learning the game. Theres not an awful lot of difference between him and Morgan to be honest. Priestland has struggled a bit this 6 nations as well. Came on to the scene and looked electric but is still only really learning the game at international level and needs time. Like us though the Welsh are jsut as guilty for hyping up the new messiahs

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

The out-tackling Lydiate every week is a misleading stat.

Ferris has had to make tackles as Ireland have at times been under the cosh. Wales have had a lot of ball so Lydiate hasn't had to make tackles.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:16 am

I agree it can be misleading because of the amount of possession both sides had but Ferris has still been Irelands top tackler for the last 3 weeks running. Surely that points to a least a comparable work rate to Lydiate? I'd argue only Kaino at BS has a better workrate then Ferris

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

Dusatoir the hardest working flanker by a country mile.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

I said at BS. Dusatoir is most definately an OS. For me anyway

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:48 am

Dusatoir a 6.5 for me. France don't really play open/blind in any case.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:49 am

Plays both pretty well I'd say.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:53 am

Schofield to Worcester according to reports

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

Just seen that on twitter nick. Good signing for them I think.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:04 am

yeh solid player.

you seen on the Craic a few people saying Bryn Evans is better than Garvey?

Struggle to agree with that!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:13 am

Not been on there for a bit mate, some of the people on there give me hump at times so I have been taking a bit of a break from it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

yeh likewise. i struggle not to argue so think i might delete my account.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 12:25 pm

I would say you would struggle for a harder working flanker than Schalk Burger. Makes millions of tackles and carries.

For me Ferris is a class above Lydiate but all about balance. For me the welsh backrow would be much better with ferris.

Faletau may also start to play better as not the only ball carrier. he has been average this 6n but its just a case of 2nd season syndromw and he will be better for it

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 13 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

Don't know if this has been discussed but what do people think about Sarries saying they wont let Farrell stay coaching England?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/9139896/Saracens-determined-to-keep-coach-Andy-Farrell-and-will-not-share-him-with-England-after-Six-Nations.html

Seems to have played a very important role in helping them improve this season - will Lancaster get the job? After Robshaw, Moody and others have come out and said yes I can't see how he couldnt?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 13 Mar 2012, 2:29 pm

That's just Sarries being picky , I hope Lancaster gets the job above Nick Mallet. If Farrell leaves the set up i can see Wayne Smith taking his place.

Players availible at Chiefs

TH Hoani Tui - New Zealand
LH Salvator Perugini - Italy
LH Efion Lewis-Roberts - Wales
LK James Hudson - England
FL Marty Holah - New Zealand
FL Declan Danahar - England
FL/N8 Ben Skirving - England
FL Dave Wallace - Ireland
N8 Johnnie Beattie - Scotland
N8 Aaron Carpenter - Canada - Set to join Biarittz
SH Junior Polliuegga - Samoa
FH Josh Matavista - Fiji
FH Derrick Houghard - South Africa
IC Andrea Masi - Italy*
IC Gordan D'Arcy - Ireland*
OC Adam Powell (OC/IC) - England
OC Kameli Ratavou - Fiji
OC Alex Grove - Scotland
WG Ian Balshaw (WG/FB/FH) - England
WG Horace Aguella - Argentina*
FB Luke Arscott (FB/WG) - England
FB George Pisi - Samoa* - Would need a big deal
FB Ben Blair - New Zealand
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

Personally i would rather have mallet than Lancaster as coach.

Think we are going overboard about England and we have not been that good at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 13 Mar 2012, 3:17 pm

I actually agree Matt. We have done great defensively but apart from some individual moments of brilliance we haven't done much at all attacking wise.

Farrell has stepped up well but hasn't been as good as made out to me. Yes his tackling was superb at the weekend and it was a lovely pass but he missed a fairly simple kick at goal and his tactical kicking was off for most of the game. Wasnt fantastic at getting us moving at times either. This has just been glossed over though

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 3:21 pm

Some of Farrells kicking out of hand was appalling.

the game v Ireland could show whether the win and 3 tries against France was progress or a fluke!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

Agree Nick.

The RFU are pretty spineless and Lancaster will not challenge them so will probably get the job.

MAllet is demanding and will make the RFU try and do things his way so will prob not get the job

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:06 pm

Not convinced by Mallet as a coach. never liked him. Very dissapointed if he is put in charge.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

6 Nations player of the tournament shortlist...

Cuthbert, Warburton, Lydiate, Philips, Malzieu, Maestri, Harinodoquy, Parisse, Sexton, Ryan, Denton, Rennie.

Whilst all are fine players I am not sure how there are 5 from sides who have only won 50% of their matches and 3 from sides that have won 0, yet no Englishmen, despite us having won 3 from 4 and being sat in second.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:12 pm

All enquiries etc on my page will be dealt with tomorrow, am out tonight, will get back to you all tomorrow, cheers.

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:13 pm

Malzieu? He had one good game vs Italy! Donnacha Ryan aswell?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

Cuthbert, Lydiate and Sexton wouldn't be on my shortlist.

Dusatoir should be on there along with Richie Gray and Dan Cole

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

I'd have Dan Cole on there , he's been the best TH by far.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:20 pm

Driver - RIP 606 wrote:I'd have Dan Cole on there , he's been the best TH by far.

I'd say Jones probably edges him through the tournament to be honest, but not sure how Sexton, Ryan or Cuthbert are on there.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:21 pm

Surprised Halfpenny isn't on there , beat Scotland by himself practically
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:22 pm

Just found out that the list is based on man of the match awards.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:22 pm

Thats bull$hit
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

Halfpenny has been Wales best back 3 player.
Sexton, Ryan, Malzieu are stupid calls.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next