The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC

+19
GG
cherriesfna
sirfredperry
dondelero
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
lfc91
FIFA Diva
Kenny
hampo17
braveheart101
dyrewolfe
marty2086
BarneyRubble
MtotheC
Hero
TopHat24/7
lorus59
LiverpoolFCfan
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool FC - Page 2 Empty Liverpool FC

Post by LiverpoolFCfan Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just thought I would start a thread about the greatest team on the planet!!

This year has been about rebuilding and getting confidence - next year we can go on and win the league!!!!

Come on King Kenny!

LiverpoolFCfan

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool FC

Post by KILLER316 Thu 22 Mar 2012, 3:40 pm

i heard king kenny went 2 church and the vicar said "come fourth my child"kenny replied come fourth well be lucky 2 come 6th BOOM BOOM

KILLER316

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 22 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

hampo171 wrote:No money? Hodgeson spent £29.8 million in his few months in charge. He only won 7 of the 20 premier league games he was in charge for, and when he was sacked Liverpool where 12th, 4 points above Villa who where 18th.

This season Kenny has won 11 of 29. It's hardly groundbreaking progress.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu 22 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

d260005p wrote:
ReallyReal wrote:How typical of Utd fans to refuse to comment on their own past players, while ripping to shreds current players from opposing teams.
As for Liverpool, it is hypocrisy for their fans to claim that Hodgson was rubbish, especially when he was given no time or money to rebuild an average at best squad, yet Dalglish has had as much as any other team to spend and still struggles to make any more impact in the league than Everton.

Im not a UTD fan, im a Stoke fan.
Even worse then really, it's ok to criticise certain players, but keep clear of ones from the past, how does that work then?

hampo171 wrote:No money? Hodgeson spent £29.8 million in his few months in charge. He only won 7 of the 20 premier league games he was in charge for, and when he was sacked Liverpool where 12th, 4 points above Villa who where 18th.
Compare Hodgesons near £30m to the approx 4 times that amount spent by Dalglish and then consider just how much the team has 'improved' since he took over, look at the league table if you need to (11 wins in 29 matches this season) and then tell me if you honestly think Hodgeson was treated fairly by the Liverppool fans.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 22 Mar 2012, 3:52 pm

Not really worse mate. Considering we are not a club in debt, have come up from the championship, tipped to go down, through to the KO stages of the Europa league, FA Cup finalists and a mid table team, seems to go against "worse than really". Id rather have that then have a team that are automatically expected to succeed in the league and finish only a few points above us? Makes no sense mate.

Plus, why do people always compare people to past players? What is the point in that? You name one player who has been like Suarez in terms of the whole package:

Diving, Lying, Racial Abuse, Branding fake cards to the ref.

Its pathetic really, but when it pops up, people say.........errr yeh so what, look at Cantona.....or look at Diouf when he spat at the fans.....or.........who cares?!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 22 Mar 2012, 3:59 pm

Hodgson was never wanted at Liverpool and should never have been anywhere near the club, the fans never warmed to him or his tactics. He was appointed by H&G who didn't have the club at heart and basically went for the manager who wanted the lowest salary.

Based on the fact we've won a cup, in the semi's of another we have improved, Adam and Henderson are both better than Poulsen and Enrique is twice the player Konchesky is.

You forget that although Kenny has spent £110 million he also recouped £50 million via the Torres sale, £12 million in the Meireles deal, and there was also cash from the Poulsen and Konchesky transfers. His net spent is not as high as fans of other teams like to think it, and that's what matters.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 22 Mar 2012, 4:01 pm

d260005p wrote:Plus, why do people always compare people to past players? What is the point in that? You name one player who has been like Suarez in terms of the whole package:

Diving, Lying, Racial Abuse, Branding fake cards to the ref.

Its pathetic really, but when it pops up, people say.........errr yeh so what, look at Cantona.....or look at Diouf when he spat at the fans.....or.........who cares?!

Who would you like me to compare him too? Ok what about John Terry, his case is far more severe and is being investigated by the CPS and could result in a criminal conviction, I haven't seen one person condem him or suggest he should be kicked out of the EPL.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 24 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm

Difference is hampo is that JT hasn't compounded that with further disciplinary behaviour like sticking the middle finger up to Fulham fans, kicking Scotty Parker in the chest, not shaking a player's hand before the game and so on.

Also I don't remember Chelsea players wearing a "John Terry isn't racist" shirt...
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Mar 2012, 12:57 pm

There is no comparison between JT and Suarez , the FA have wrapped JT in cotton wool and not hung him out to dry like they did with Suarez .

Not defending Suarez at all , JT case caught on camera and far worse yet because England ' need ' him for the Euro's it swept under the carpet .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sat 24 Mar 2012, 4:59 pm

The "greatest team" are looking greater by the moment.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

Really dont know what is going on with the league form , simply not good enough .
I'm not one for knee jerk reactions and especially given how Kenny is thought of by the fans , but for the first time i am thinking the owners may decide to make a change at the end of the season .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:28 pm

Suarez was booked because he pushed the ball into the net with his hand and then claimed the goal (at 1-1 which would have taken Liverpool to 2-1).

I suppose considering Suarez was responsible for cheating Ghana out of a world cup semi-final, and later celebrated his action claiming the "Hand of God" was now his as it outdid that other Latin American cheater Maradona
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/07/03/2008062/world-cup-2010-uruguay-striker-luis-suarez-my-handball-was

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:32 pm

Time for Kenny to go, I've defended him all week but his tactics today where poor, he had a fantastic impact when he came in last season, the lift in the morale led to the good results but it doesn't seem to be there now.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:30 pm

lorus59 wrote:The "greatest team" are looking greater by the moment.

Yep. Who was that guy on about Liverpool being the best and that next season they will struggle to finish OUTSIDE the top 4?

At this rate, if they lose to Newcastle, which i expect they will, they will be 7th

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2