The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England team press conference on Saturday

+5
Duty281
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
JDizzle
hampo17
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
9 posters

Go down

England team press conference on Saturday Empty England team press conference on Saturday

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 08 Mar 2012, 4:07 pm

Hi all,

I'm representing 606v2 at the England team's pre-SL tour press conference on Saturday morning. If anyone's got some questions they'd like asked please post them here.

Note I will probably only get to ask a couple of questions, so will be "cherry picking" them prettey heavily.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

England team press conference on Saturday Empty Re: England team press conference on Saturday

Post by hampo17 Thu 08 Mar 2012, 4:52 pm

How confident are the batsmen feeling as they get ready to face more world class spinners after their difficulties in the UAE?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

England team press conference on Saturday Empty Re: England team press conference on Saturday

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 08 Mar 2012, 4:57 pm

hampo171 wrote:How confident are the batsmen feeling as they get ready to face more world class spinners after their difficulties in the UAE?

I like it. And I'm sure I won't be the only person lining up to ask that question!
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 08 Mar 2012, 5:17 pm

How many of England's starting line up for the first Test does Flower/Strauss know already? And are they considering 5 bowlers?

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 08 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

How much of a t1t will Morgan feel when Ireland get test status?

Whos looking after Swanns cat while hes away?

What happens to the test mace if SA win their series 3-0, does it get handed over then straight back again if England win this series and go back top? Who looks after it? Is it true its full of ice cream? Wouldnt it have been easier for everyone if youd just won a game in the Pakistan series?

Following Sangakarras speach last year which players in the current SL side do you think are there because of politics rather than ability?

We all like Columbo, but do you think its ruined by showing who the murderer is at the start?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 08 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

hampo171 wrote:How confident are the batsmen feeling as they get ready to face more world class spinners after their difficulties in the UAE?

Who are these World-Class spinners?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 08 Mar 2012, 6:30 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Whos looking after Swanns cat while hes away?

Laugh

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 08 Mar 2012, 7:01 pm

What is their assessment of the test win Sri Lanka got in SA, does it concern them at all?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu 08 Mar 2012, 10:37 pm

A few topics you could ask about (bear in mind that the papers/TV stations will probably get first dibs on questions so I'd probably prepare quite a few back-ups incase they don't get round to you until ten other people have asked about England against spin or Samit Patel's weight):

- The progress of Steven Finn as a Test player. Is he in England's plans for this series?
- Is is disappointing that the series is only 2 Tests long?
- Is Graeme Swann still the number 1 spinner? (Monty bowled more overs in the UAE)
- How do you prepare individually for each different opponent?

And good luck! I look forward to reading the article

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:33 am

Outside the squad chosen for this series is Morgan likely to still be the next choice or would the likes of James Taylor be considerd ahead of him?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:23 am

As long as Matt Prior isn't there with a bat in his hand, you could try this one.

Who do you think has been worse for English cricket - Mervyn Westfield or Allen Stanford?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

Kii, how about asking them this.

Have you guys learnt any Afrikaans in the dressing room? Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down