The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrera sounds very bitter about Khan...

+6
Spring
ONETWOFOREVER
Rowley
OasisBFC
azania
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
10 posters

Go down

Barrera sounds very bitter about Khan... Empty Barrera sounds very bitter about Khan...

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWTojQxZJ1w&feature=g-all-u&context=G23e519dFAAAAAAAAAAA

Was fun listening at the start but then it gets a little cringeworthy.

I know it was a terrible way to lose but come on Marco, you are 38 years old, Khan is young and even said some really kind words in his piece. Still couldn't bring himself to wish Khan the best.

I didn't like that from Barrera I gotta say and I'm not even a Khan fan.

Whats your thoughts on the attitude folks?

Cheers

Dee
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Barrera sounds very bitter about Khan... Empty Re: Barrera sounds very bitter about Khan...

Post by azania Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:17 pm

He got jobbed. His record says he lost to Khan when it should be a NC.

Dont blame him for being miffed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Barrera sounds very bitter about Khan... Empty Re: Barrera sounds very bitter about Khan...

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:32 pm

I understand he is miffed but the hatred is a bit obvious. It wasn't Khan who told the ref to carry on to the 4th. In the interview, even after Khan sends his regards and says some really nice things about Barrera, he still kept the sour attitude. It was years ago ffs. It happens to finished fighters when they fight prospects. Khan has serious ability and Barrera tries to say he has nothing else but speed and isn't that good.

As I said, it was an entertainin interview for the first minute but the sour grapes is too much, he is 38, he should grow up.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:52 pm

I dont think its hatred. Just dont think he rates Khan as a boxer. You dont like Khan but rates his ability. I am non plussed about him but dont seem to rate his ability as you do.

Its all good.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

I think he has proved that he has more than just speed
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

i dont see hatred.
he just doesnt rate him as a boxer.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:28 pm

To be fair much as I admire Barrera as a boxer he has never been particularly quick to give praise to those who have beaten him, it has been something of a trait throughout his career and whatever the rights or wrongs of the Khan loss I just see this as a natural extension of that side of his personality.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:39 pm

The man has been in the ring with far better fighter s then Khan, he should know what he is talking about. Still Mexican fighters have a history of being un gracious in defeat. Chavez after the first Randell fight was a complete disgrace after being out punched, out worked and knocked down for the first time in his career. He never gave Randell any credit.

I understand that Mexican fighters have a lot of pride but that gets in the way of being respectful.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

Speed is Khans main weapon. What is Khan without the speed or what is Khan when his speed is nulified by his opponent?

Sort of like Micheal Owen. Look what happened to him when he lost half a yard of speed.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:05 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWTojQxZJ1w&feature=g-all-u&context=G23e519dFAAAAAAAAAAA

Was fun listening at the start but then it gets a little cringeworthy.

I know it was a terrible way to lose but come on Marco, you are 38 years old, Khan is young and even said some really kind words in his piece. Still couldn't bring himself to wish Khan the best.

I didn't like that from Barrera I gotta say and I'm not even a Khan fan.

Whats your thoughts on the attitude folks?

Cheers

Dee

Yes, Barrera sucks because Barrera has won titles at 3 different weight classes.

Spring

Back to top Go down

Post by paul12342 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:59 am

i rather enjoyed seeing barrera tonight........great boxer and he knows it and in his prime hamed didnt even get close to beating him!!

Good luck Mr Barrera you a great guy and a great role model!!!

paul12342

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:07 am

Michael Owen adapted his game pretty well to be fair but yeah, Khan is definitely all about speed. We saw what happened when Peterson managed to close him down, he was half the fighter.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:16 am

Was disappointed to act like it was a deliberate head butt, they even showed a clip of it which showed it was accidentally. Yes it should have been stopped but to be so bitter is a shame, should hang up his gloves and let it go.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2012, 6:06 pm

As Rowley says, Barrera is one of the least gracious fighters to step into the ring over the last few years. One only has to look at his attitude toowards the likes of Morales and Marquez to see what kind of man he is.

Shame really when you think of the strength of character he showed during many of his actual fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:04 pm

Personally that's what I love about lots of guys like him. I respect fighters who respect their foe, but I find myself compelled by the total disdain guys like MAB show for their opponents. It makes it all the more intense. I am a massive Barrera fan though

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring Sat 10 Mar 2012, 12:26 am

DAVE667 wrote:As Rowley says, Barrera is one of the least gracious fighters to step into the ring over the last few years. One only has to look at his attitude toowards the likes of Morales and Marquez to see what kind of man he is.

Shame really when you think of the strength of character he showed during many of his actual fights.

Yes, Barrera is the worst fighter ever.

Spring

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:As Rowley says, Barrera is one of the least gracious fighters to step into the ring over the last few years. One only has to look at his attitude toowards the likes of Morales and Marquez to see what kind of man he is.

On second look I don't really get this comment so much. He said in the ringside interview he tried to say to Morales something along the lines of "now we've grown up abit, I have a family, we should be friends" to whch Morales pretty much said "No, we can never be friends."

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down