The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick your Winners for next weekend.

+5
Pot Hale
mystiroakey
damngoodOvalball
gowales
maestegmafia
9 posters

Go down

Pick three winners

Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_lcap14%Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 23 ]
Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_lcap20%Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 32 ]
Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_lcap20%Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 33 ]
Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_lcap15%Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 24 ]
Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_lcap10%Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 17 ]
Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_lcap21%Pick your Winners for next weekend. Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 35 ]

Total Votes : 164

Pick your Winners for next weekend. Empty Pick your Winners for next weekend.

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

So for the final time of asking in 2012, Pick your Winners for next weekends Six Nations Games.

Ireland and England have improved through out the tournament, Wales and France have kept a steady unassuming pace whilst Italy and Scotland have shown moments of magic and disaster in equal measure.

Games Are

Italy vs Scotland in Rome

Wales vs France in Cardiff

and

England vs Ireland at Twickenham

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Pick your Winners for next weekend. Empty Re: Pick your Winners for next weekend.

Post by gowales Mon 12 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

I can't select more than one

gowales

Back to top Go down

Pick your Winners for next weekend. Empty Re: Pick your Winners for next weekend.

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

I know i didnt click the button, I am just asking one of our dear moderator friends to help me out... Apologies all...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm

multi voting should now be possible OK

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 12 Mar 2012, 2:13 pm

Yup its working OK
I voted for England, Wales and Scotland.

Wales are in pretty much the same position as they were in 08, i think we'll just have too much belief and confidence for France.

Scotland have been playing much better rugby than Italy imo. They have much more firepower in the backs and if they can get some tries then they should win that one.

Don't really know why but i've just got this feeling that England can beat Ireland

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Mar 2012, 5:59 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:multi voting should now be possible OK
Thank you very much RD very good of you...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:00 pm

I think all will be very close games...! Voting is already starting to show that.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:12 pm

England - to close to call so heart took over.
Wales - should deal with France more easily than they dealt with Eng / Ire
Scotland - I cant see Scotland losing this one. Their fans deserve to see the potential being converted into wins.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:37 pm

paddys day is gonna fire up the irish- lol i was so confident before , now not so lol.

annoying because my gut feeling has come good on every prediction so far in this event!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:17 pm

Perfect outcome would be Italy to win out scoring Scotland four tries to three.

Crank up the volume as France run riot at the Millenial and thrash Wales 9-6.

Onward to Glorious Twickenham for the Grand Finale and England race into an 16 point lead before conceding a penalty that Sexton misses in front of the posts. Tuilagi and Barrett take them onto the 30 point mark as the halftime whistle blows on the second conversion sailing over.

Dylan Hartley runs around Ferris and Heaslip on the 50 minute mark to add another try, but Farrell inexplicably misses the conversion.

The clock ticks by minute by minute as England search for a penalty, drop goal, any score. They camp on Irleand's line for five minutes. The clock nears 80. Croft breaks free from the scrum and makes for the line. Ferris is faster, dives for his legs, and halts the player. He continues to hold on, and lifts Croft higher amd higher by both legs, past the horizontal and then lowers him gently to the ground on his head. He looks at the ref and grinning says ' now that's a tip tackle', as the whistle is blown, the ref goes to his pocket and raises his arm for the penalty.

Cue delirium in Twickenham as the ball sails over.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:26 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Onward to Glorious Twickenham for the Grand Finale and England race into an 16 point lead before conceding a penalty that Sexton misses in front of the posts. Tuilagi and Barrett take them onto the 30 point mark as the halftime whistle blows on the second conversion sailing over.

Dylan Hartley runs around Ferris and Heaslip on the 50 minute mark to add another try, but Farrell inexplicably misses the conversion.

The clock ticks by minute by minute as England search for a penalty, drop goal, any score. They camp on Irleand's line for five minutes. The clock nears 80. Croft breaks free from the scrum and makes for the line. Ferris is faster, dives for his legs, and halts the player. He continues to hold on, and lifts Croft higher amd higher by both legs, past the horizontal and then lowers him gently to the ground on his head. He looks at the ref and grinning says ' now that's a tip tackle', as the whistle is blown, the ref goes to his pocket and raises his arm for the penalty.

Correct me if I'm wrong by all means...but is that a scoreline of 38 - 0 to England? You'd wonder why they needed the penalty so badly at the end with a score like that. Why the dramatic tension at the end is my question, Pot?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:53 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong by all means...but is that a scoreline of 38 - 0 to England? You'd wonder why they needed the penalty so badly at the end with a score like that. Why the dramatic tension at the end is my question, Pot?

Ireland wont make the same mistakes France did in defence.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:58 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

To win the championship
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

I wouldn't correct you, that would be rude.

Is that a 38-0 to England? Yes.

Why they needed a penalty at the end? Because it was only 35-0.

Dramatic tension? Self-indulgement me. Very Happy

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

wales606 wrote:
To win the championship

Oh yeah. True, true. I tend not to think of the maths... but then we don't have a need to this year......!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

so in his scenario france would have had to have won by 1 pt, england win the chapionship by gaining the better pt difference

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:07 pm

Well if England can manage A). to beat Ireland, B). by 39 points more than Wales lose to France by then they will deserve to be champions.

Rather reminds me of Wales chances of winning the championship in Paris in last years Championship.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:14 pm

we wont be doing that, infact i cant even imagine it- if we get second i will be very happy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:18 pm

Iv'e gone fore England, France, Scotland.

I think England will scrape a win against Ireland, with Ireland getting tired in the second half, because of the 3 games in a row with out a break.

France will want revenge for losing against England, so will up their game.
Wales will not be wanting to lose this week end because of the Grand Slam hanging on it, so i think they will try and push the game and give France penalties.

Scotland will be to mutch for Italy, and Scotland will not want to lose another game in this 6ns.

Thats what i think will happen. But will it happen? Dont know.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:20 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Well if England can manage A). to beat Ireland, B). by 39 points more than Wales lose to France by then they will deserve to be.

By 39 points more than Wales lose to France?

Que?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

i understood what he meant pot even if it wasnt perfectly put

he meant wales -1 england plus 38- diff 39!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:43 pm

mystiroakey wrote:i understood what he meant pot even if it wasnt perfectly put

he meant wales -1 england plus 38- diff 39!

He did? I don't think so.

Explain yourself Mr Don of Fairfield.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:47 pm

its pretty obvious to work it out based on what was said before. ok potpot Pick your Winners for next weekend. 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:09 pm

mystiroakey wrote:its pretty obvious to work it out based on what was said before. ok potpot Pick your Winners for next weekend. 732107

oakeydoakey thumbsup
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

Everything is evening out a bit bar the excitement over Scotland's prospects in the bottom of the table Clash.

Wales vs France and England vs Ireland were always going to be close matches and that is becoming very clear in the voting.

Ireland and England have been improving all tournament, new players entering the frey, stepping into the boots of their respective countries legends like Paul O'Connell, Simon Shaw, Nick Easter, Brian O'Driscoll, Ronan O'Gara and Jonny Wilkinson. It has taken time and both sides have a different way of playing out their ambitions on the field but both teams are a threat to each other and neither to be taken lightly by the opposition.

Wales and France have unfinished business, Wales like France have not excelled the imagination of their supporters or critics, though Wales have not lost where as France have conceded home advantage twice in Paris with a Draw to Ireland and a two point loss to England. Both games could have been close wins which would have given France a level par with Wales and would have created the dream finale of two teams going for the Grandslam, like 2008 that is not the case. Shouldn't make Wales complacent though, they are a hard working team with grand ambition. They have to counter a French team wishing to put their personal record straight and not leave 2012 with their worst Six Nations results in a decade.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:21 pm

32 people out of 150 think Scotland will win laughing - like feck they will
ROBINSON MUST GO NOW mad
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:19 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:32 people out of 150 think Scotland will win laughing - like feck they will
ROBINSON MUST GO NOW mad

Will Scottish Rugby improve if he does go? I dont think he is the problem or the solution.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down