The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France could be without a backrow for Saturday !!!!!

+12
bsando
EnglishReign
Knowsit17
munkian
damage_13
Rory_Gallagher
Liam
Geordie
MajorRoadWorks
thebluesmancometh
maestegmafia
LordDowlais
16 posters

Go down

France could be without a backrow for Saturday !!!!! Empty France could be without a backrow for Saturday !!!!!

Post by LordDowlais Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:07 pm

I do not know if anybody has posted this yet, but as the title states, France could be without Julien Bonnaire, Imanol Harinordoquy and Thierry Dusautoir for Wales's grand slam decider on Saturday, they might also loose Vincent Clerc to injury as well. The full story is below:-

France coach Philippe Saint-André has added six new faces to his Six Nations squad ahead of Saturday's clash with Wales in Cardiff.

19-year-old Clermont full-back Jean-Marcellin Buttin gets his first call up while there are recalls for Toulon wing Alexis Palisson, Toulouse centre Florain Fritz, Biarritz scrum-half Dimitri Yachvili, Clermont lock Julien Pierre and Montpellier flank Fulgence Ouedraogo.

Lionel Nallet, Julien Dupuy, Maxime Mermoz and Julien Malzieu have been dropped while Vincent Clerc has been ruled out after dislocating his shoulder against England.

Saint-André added that there were injury doubts over loose forwards Julien Bonnaire (elbow), Thierry Dusautoir (knee) and Imanol Harinordoquy (knee).

The squad announcement signals the end of former skipper Nallet's international career.

Yachvili returns to the squad for the first time since the opening game, having recovered from a back injury while Fritz - a notable absentee from the initial Six nations squad - gets his first call up since June 2010.,

Saint-André will confirm his starting line-up for the clash at the Millennium Stadium on Thursday.

"I am still surprised. It's crazy," Buttin told Midi Olympique.

"I do not know what to say. I'm confused, everything has moved very fast but I'm really happy.

"Now I must pack my bags in a hurry before going to the airport. Last season, I was not even sure of have a place in the Under-20s and I did not expect to have as much playing time with Clermont but they received one injury after another. Now, I cannot wait to be there and show the selectors they were right. "

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

France could be without a backrow for Saturday !!!!! Empty Re: France could be without a backrow for Saturday !!!!!

Post by maestegmafia Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:13 pm

It's not necessarily good news for wales either...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

France could be without a backrow for Saturday !!!!! Empty Re: France could be without a backrow for Saturday !!!!!

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Oh no the french are in dissarray, they have injury problems and have just been beaten badly, they look shockingly bad and won't stand a chance against what we're going to do to them...

Hang on why does this sound familiar?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorRoadWorks Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm

This isn't good news.....

If the French come to Cardiff with their big guns, then I would favour Wales. Why ? Well the French have nothing to play for, they cant win anything and as such, wont be ar$ed.

However, if they bring "fringe" players, players who have a point to prove, players who want to make a claim on the jersey, then its GAME ON....

This may be a very very clever move by Napoleon himself ....

MajorRoadWorks

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Well Picamole aint a bad replacement at 8.

Oudrago at 7?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Have a bit of optimism guys, France are a good side and yes they could throw the ball around and look dangerous, but its nothing Wales haven't seen before, and they can't play any worse than they did in the Semi's at the WC can they. Wales a re a good side, lets have some faith and say "Yes we can put this side away and win the grand slam and go onto to bigger and better things". That's not arrogance that's just confidence in a good looking exciting Welsh side.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:01 pm

It's a confidence I'm not afforded!

Sadly most Welsh performances tend to be built on sand, and just one dumb move by the WRU and it all comes crashing down and sets us back 5 years.

I will celebrate and gloat if we win but for now, I will look on with pesimistic goggles!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:06 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Well Picamole aint a bad replacement at 8.

Oudrago at 7?

More like their best 8 and one of the best in the world! He should have been starting every game for France so far.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:18 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Oh no the french are in dissarray, they have injury problems and have just been beaten badly, they look shockingly bad and won't stand a chance against what we're going to do to them...

Hang on why does this sound familiar?

Very Happy

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Waiting for the French 'it's only Wales' comment again Very Happy

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:33 pm

martyr_94 wrote:Have a bit of optimism guys, France are a good side and yes they could throw the ball around and look dangerous, but its nothing Wales haven't seen before, and they can't play any worse than they did in the Semi's at the WC can they. Wales a re a good side, lets have some faith and say "Yes we can put this side away and win the grand slam and go onto to bigger and better things". That's not arrogance that's just confidence in a good looking exciting Welsh side.

I lack confidence until the kick off or even after the first ten minutes with this side because it is hard to get used to how talented they are..

I am looking forward to what will hopefully be a titanic contest and a wonderful finale. If Wales win then obviously we will all be ecstatic, if Wales lose to an excellent side then so be it.

I do take confidence that this Welsh team do not lose to sides weaker than them anymore.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:38 pm

I do not know if anybody has posted this yet...

Actually someone has, twice:
https://www.606v2.com/t25735-french-backrow-injury-concerns
https://www.606v2.com/t25749-whole-french-back-row-doubtful

Mods! Anyone care to merge?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:40 pm

By "without a backrow" do you mean still with a backrow that is likely to be no worse, due to France's strength in depth?

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Well Picamole aint a bad replacement at 8.

Oudrago at 7?

More like their best 8 and one of the best in the world! He should have been starting every game for France so far.

Damn straight! I don't know why he hasn't been starting but he is a machine! He made an immediate impact every time he came on this 6 nations.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Maes, "I do take confidence that this Welsh team do not lose to sides weaker than them anymore."

Is a moot point. Until Warburton had his brain fart last October, who were the better side? Many might argue they were better afterwards as well.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:59 am

munkian wrote:Waiting for the French 'it's only Wales' comment again Very Happy

You mean the one where Ellisalde, when asked whether they feared playing away to the Welsh (going for the Grand Slam in 2008), he said no as it's only the Welsh and they have a lot of experience going there. It's not like the SH side where they don't visit as often. The one that was completely blown out of proportion by the media and, it seems, is still brought up every now and then.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:48 am

Whatever it was intended to mean it seemed to work though. Fair enough if he said - we are used to playing there. The 'its only the Welsh' part rang of arrogance

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:59 am

Yeah, its only the welsh, its not Tonga after all Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am

That Buttin lad has some skills, be interesting to see how he gets on if dropped straight into the first team. He can't be worse than Poitrenaud who is probably the most mecurial player ever, one minute amazing the next minute woeful.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down