The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali v Wladimir

4 posters

Go down

Vitali v Wladimir  Empty Vitali v Wladimir

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2011, 8:48 pm

I was reading the previous article on here about the Klitschko effect and although it would probs never happen, i was wondering about who would win this fight.
Now i realise its all hypothetical, but as each brother has their own style and strength in the ring, i thought i would ask you guys on who you think would win and why.

Back to top Go down

Vitali v Wladimir  Empty Re: Vitali v Wladimir

Post by azania Mon 28 Mar 2011, 8:52 pm

Y I Man wrote:I was reading the previous article on here about the Klitschko effect and although it would never happen, i was wondering about who would win this fight.
Now i realise its all hypothetical, but as each brother has their own style and strength in the ring, i thought i would ask you guys on who you think would win and why.

At this stage I'd go for Wlad. Better all round skills and a much better jab. Of course Vit has the power to end things with one punch not thrown as pull pelt.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 28 Mar 2011, 8:56 pm

Little doubt in my mind that, each at his best, Vitali takes it, Y I.

Wlad is a wee bit ' smoother ' and has - superficially, anyway - the more accomplished text book skills, but Vitali is tougher, meaner and more aggressive.

Vitali is pushing 40 now, so that might be the leveller, but each at the top of his game I can't see any way for Wlad to win.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Mar 2011, 8:57 pm

never will fight and nor should they...

But vlad's chin would probably let him down...

Agree with windy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 Mar 2011, 8:59 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Little doubt in my mind that, each at his best, Vitali takes it, Y I.

Wlad is a wee bit ' smoother ' and has - superficially, anyway - the more accomplished text book skills, but Vitali is tougher, meaner and more aggressive.

Vitali is pushing 40 now, so that might be the leveller, but each at the top of his game I can't see any way for Wlad to win.

Thats the difference maker. Vit has slowed down. He never possessed the best footwork and is now almost Louis-esqe (sorry had to get that one in). The jab wins this fight coupled with footwork. Either way Wlad has the better. 10 years ago I#d give it to Vit easily.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Mar 2011, 9:04 pm

Some of us remember Sanders...He can't go twelve rounds with vitali without tasting some leather......

Chins don't improve with age..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 28 Mar 2011, 9:05 pm

Vitali also strikes me as having the greater killer instinct. If he got Wlad wobbled, he would wade in and wouldn't be afraid to take a few shots to finish Wlad off. Whereas Wlad would be more pragmatic and wouldn't have the instinct to try and cut Vitali down early, and the longer it goes the greater the chance of Vitali landing that KO blow.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Mar 2011, 9:08 pm

Not sure how Vlad would cope with someone the same size.....

seems like Azania say's to dominate smaller guys with the jab...Not sure he could do that in the same way with iron fist.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 Mar 2011, 9:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Some of us remember Sanders...He can't go twelve rounds with vitali without tasting some leather......

Chins don't improve with age..

Speed goes with age also. Vit has lost whatever speed he had.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 Mar 2011, 9:22 pm

JDizzle wrote:Vitali also strikes me as having the greater killer instinct. If he got Wlad wobbled, he would wade in and wouldn't be afraid to take a few shots to finish Wlad off. Whereas Wlad would be more pragmatic and wouldn't have the instinct to try and cut Vitali down early, and the longer it goes the greater the chance of Vitali landing that KO blow.

Vit has the better boxing instincts when his guy is hurt.He is stronger, tougher but less skilled. At this stage, Wlad would win because he has better boxing skills and skill beats strength in this case.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down