The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cipriani signs for Sale

+7
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Portnoy
Effervescing Elephant
screamingaddabs
aitchw
Geordie
Cardiff Taffy
11 posters

Go down

Cipriani signs for Sale Empty Cipriani signs for Sale

Post by Cardiff Taffy Tue 20 Mar 2012, 8:56 am

So any chance that Cips will be brought back into the England fold?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17441993

I've not seen any of his games in Oz so don't know what his forms been like.

Did he really do anything that bad to have deserved the cold shoulder in first place? When you look at others behaviour I'm not sure he did.

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Cipriani signs for Sale Empty Re: Cipriani signs for Sale

Post by Geordie Tue 20 Mar 2012, 8:58 am

I hope not initially....let him prove himself for Sale..

IF he performs and isnt out partying all the time...possibly.

But we have youngsters coming through with ability who seem to have better maturity....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:29 am

It's not enough to be the best player for the position it's also about being a team asset and Cips has a lot of convincing to do before he he's given another chance. His time in Oz hasn't been exactly incident free.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:39 am

If he gets his head down and works hard then he might get a recall. I'm not sure how much this England team needs him though, unless he really starts to shine.

Of course the media will be after him, trying to make him slip up. I just wish he would realise that all he needs to do is spend a season refusing to go out and not drinking, whilst playing good rugby. It's not fair that he should have to when others don't but it is the reality of it.

If he truly wants to play for England again he needs to give up the booze entirely and knuckle down. He shouldn't have to, it should be enough if he plays well and doesn't do anything stupid on a night out, but that's the situation he's found himself in with the press and public and so he does have to.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:01 am

screamingaddabs wrote:If he gets his head down and works hard then he might get a recall. I'm not sure how much this England team needs him though, unless he really starts to shine.

Of course the media will be after him, trying to make him slip up. I just wish he would realise that all he needs to do is spend a season refusing to go out and not drinking, whilst playing good rugby. It's not fair that he should have to when others don't but it is the reality of it.

If he truly wants to play for England again he needs to give up the booze entirely and knuckle down. He shouldn't have to, it should be enough if he plays well and doesn't do anything stupid on a night out, but that's the situation he's found himself in with the press and public and so he does have to.

That statement stands for Mr Care as well. Once the 'meeja' get their hooks into you, you may as well kiss goodbye to your career.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:05 am

Duplicate post?

https://www.606v2.com/t26259-cipriani-signs-3-year-deal-with-sale#1066981 in club section (which is maybe more appropriate).
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:07 am

Portnoy wrote:Duplicate post?

https://www.606v2.com/t26259-cipriani-signs-3-year-deal-with-sale#1066981 in club section (which is maybe more appropriate).

I'm contemplating doing a merge. However if we keep this thread for his international prospects, and the other for the rest?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:10 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:
Portnoy wrote:Duplicate post?

I'm contemplating doing a merge. However if we keep this thread for his international prospects, and the other for the rest?

Fine (if it works) Cipriani signs for Sale 3610695981
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:01 am

Say what you want about Diamond but he's clearly a very persuasive businessman. Very interested to see where the Sharks end up next season.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:06 am

Cipriani signs for sale?

I hope they're pointing AWAY from nightclubs.

He's got it all to do though. Especially if Lancaster keeps the job and continues his hardline attitude on misdemeanours. He may have more chance if someone else comes in, especially a non-English coach. I'd like to see him succeed but also hope he's not needed for England with the young talent coming through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:35 am

I agree that the bloke is a bit of a k nobber, but does he actually spend that much more time in night clubs than any other rugby player, sportsman or 25 year old bloke for that matter? Its common knowledge that rugby teams go out after games, win or lose and I don't see that as an issue, but as always with a big group of lads, someone always goes too far as misbehaves!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

Bathite wrote:I agree that the bloke is a bit of a k nobber, but does he actually spend that much more time in night clubs than any other rugby player, sportsman or 25 year old bloke for that matter? Its common knowledge that rugby teams go out after games, win or lose and I don't see that as an issue, but as always with a big group of lads, someone always goes too far as misbehaves!
I think it's just that he's got a reputation and a big media image so he's more likely to be caught by the cameras like that time he was seen at the nightclub even though he hadn't been drinking. After a while mud tends to stick and he's seen as untrustworthy. Some of it is his fault (as someone mentioned his time in Aus wasn't incident-free), but other aspects are media-driven. However, he's chosen to have a high profile. He also suffers from being around at the same time as saint-like Jonny. He's always going to look bad with that comparison.

There are probably plenty of players who do what he's done, but have a lower profile or are more savvy about where they go and what they do. At the end of the day he's a professional and needs to act like one if he's going to realise his ambitions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:56 am

All true mate and I agree he has brought it upon himselve, but wanted to play devils advocate and see what people thought. Acting like a d ick and getting caught acting like a d ick are 2 very different things!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 20 Mar 2012, 1:19 pm

I guess we'll be seeing a few chargedowns and attacking through the 10 channel aganst Sale next season then??? Whistle laughing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 20 Mar 2012, 1:30 pm

Yes indeed, Rebels have tried so hard to hide him in defence, as the Reds do with Cooper. They often defend with him on the wing or FB, but the problem there is that they can get done for pace on the outside or with a step on the inside and then they are gone gone gone

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 20 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

Wouldn't it be easier if they just learned to tackle? It's not hard and you don't have to be big to do it, look at Halfpenny! Hodgson's learned how to do it, I can't see how them changing their tackling technique/mentality is going to detract from the rest of their game, unless they go all Wilko and actively seek out forwards to smash which I can never see Cips doing
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down