The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora to invade Russia (as Boxingscene put it)

+6
ShahenshahG
Daz
Mind the windows Tino.
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

Chisora to invade Russia (as Boxingscene put it)  Empty Chisora to invade Russia (as Boxingscene put it)

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Mar 2012, 3:29 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/dereck-chisora-invade-russia-watch-lebedev-cox--50867

Firstly, he better break through to Moscow before the winter comes, otherwise we know from experience what will happen.

2nd. To what end is he going to see this Cruiser fight?

3rd Has he any money whatsoever left in his bank after all the fines he just ate for his Vitali fracas

4th. Give him his license back so we can see more shannanigans of the highest order.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Chisora to invade Russia (as Boxingscene put it)  Empty Re: Chisora to invade Russia (as Boxingscene put it)

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

Didn't know Lebedev was promoted by Warren but a semi-dead RJJ and a more or less fully dead James Toney makes more sense.

Very possible Chis is being flown out for free to make headlines, I didnt even know about this fight, now I do.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Chisora to invade Russia (as Boxingscene put it)  Empty Re: Chisora to invade Russia (as Boxingscene put it)

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Mar 2012, 3:48 pm

ha, who knows man. Chis needs a foreign license. If Danny Williams got one, so can Chis

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 21 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

I guess hes just looking for a place to box now. UK and Germany are out so Russia is probably the next best bet.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:05 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Russia is probably the next best bet.

I hope not, for his sake. I have been to Moscow a few times with work and it is a grey, miserable and soulless place. I certainly wouldn't spend my own money on going there.

The other issue, and I'm not sure how to put this politely, is that Dereck has the wrong 'ethnic origin' for that place. I was shocked at just how open people in Russia can be with their discrimination based on the colour of peoples skin. It was pretty overt and uncomfortable.

I appreciate that he needs to earn money, but I feel for him if Russia becomes his most viable option.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:07 pm

1. I recommend "moscow 1941" by Rodric Braithwaite.Superb book.
2. Chisora's banished to the salt mines,then?Good.
3.Er...
4. That's it

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:15 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Russia is probably the next best bet.

I hope not, for his sake. I have been to Moscow a few times with work and it is a grey, miserable and soulless place. I certainly wouldn't spend my own money on going there.

The other issue, and I'm not sure how to put this politely, is that Dereck has the wrong 'ethnic origin' for that place. I was shocked at just how open people in Russia can be with their discrimination based on the colour of peoples skin. It was pretty overt and uncomfortable.

I appreciate that he needs to earn money, but I feel for him if Russia becomes his most viable option.

Exactly what I was thinking. Chris Samba from Blackburn felt it first hand at the weekend when they were throwing banana's at him. Shocking behaviour. It's 2012 here but around 1930 in Russia when it comes to prejudice.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:19 pm

Chisora will probably charge into the crowd and eat them Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:35 pm

The heavier divisions are popular in Russia so I still think if Chisora is looking to fight then thats where the best fights are for him as things stand now. Its obviously not ideal but the tv companies over there show heavyweight boxing and people turn up to see fights in reasonable numbers.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:41 pm

manos de piedra wrote:The heavier divisions are popular in Russia so I still think if Chisora is looking to fight then thats where the best fights are for him as things stand now. Its obviously not ideal but the tv companies over there show heavyweight boxing and people turn up to see fights in reasonable numbers.

I'm sure you're right from an economic viewpoint, manos. I just fear for him if he starts to act up over there. It is only my limited experience of the country, but I can't imagine many of the Russian people being particularly polite to him if he starts with some of the shenanigans that he has been involved in recently.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:44 pm

Chisora should wait for the appeal before making any decision about looking elsewhere for a boxing licence,should he take this route before the appeal it would be like thumbing his nose at the BBBC.

I'm sure Frankie will enjoy travelling over to Russia to negotiate fights for Chisora especially in January, February when its minus 30.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 21 Mar 2012, 5:45 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Chisora will probably charge into the crowd and eat them Laugh

Hahaha!!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Mar 2012, 5:50 pm

The crowds in Russia are brilliant.

If he fights like he did against Klit, the fans will turn against their man and start cheering "CHI-SOR-A"

At the end of the fight, the Russian Premier will get up and start clapping, followed by the rest of the Russian senate.

At the end of the fight, I hope his trainers have a Union Jack to wrap around him.

"I did it, Adrian!"

I hope that boxnation show some training montages of him running up snowy mountains. And dont worry about the KGB - their cars are old and cant cope with your speed when chasing you in the ice.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 21 Mar 2012, 5:58 pm

There's a massive issue with racism - however - if promoted well and if he keeps fighting out of Russia as a "home" fighter - then the Russian fans could take to him.

I would say, however =- that if he goes out, calls out Lebedev - expect shenanigans of the highest order. Lebedev is a hometown hero in Moscow - Chis calls him out - the Russians will hate on him. Hard.

If anyone would like to learn about the psyche of Russian fans - read the comments underneath an Alexander Povetkin video on youtube.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Chisora to invade Russia (as Boxingscene put it)  Empty lmao

Post by raven45 Thu 22 Mar 2012, 9:37 am

Adam D wrote:The crowds in Russia are brilliant.

If he fights like he did against Klit, the fans will turn against their man and start cheering "CHI-SOR-A"

At the end of the fight, the Russian Premier will get up and start clapping, followed by the rest of the Russian senate.

At the end of the fight, I hope his trainers have a Union Jack to wrap around him.

"I did it, Adrian!"

I hope that boxnation show some training montages of him running up snowy mountains. And dont worry about the KGB - their cars are old and cant cope with your speed when chasing you in the ice.

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down