The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina

+25
Pal Joey
Cymroglan
Suspicious lurker
Ozzy3213
PJHolybloke
Rory_Gallagher
rodders
Cari
littleswannygirl
Notch
poissonrouge
Rava
prop_lyd
eirebilly
perthshirepuma
WillyGilly
red_stag
Gibson
Mickado
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Hound_of_Harrow
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
Biltong
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
29 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has teleported to Mexico City for the first qualifying match for RWC 2015. There's also TVs showing Aviva Premiership, Rabobank Pro 12 and Super XV action.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of the Grand Slam Winners or Dan Carter who returns to rugby this weekend.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub:https://www.606v2.com/t26023-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-millennium-stadium-rugby-pub

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina

Post by Biltong Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:14 pm

Well, I protest, I always have to get on a plane to go to the pub. how about we do one here in SA for a change. you do realise if I am one of 4000 posters and 1 of 1000 rugby posters, plus one or two others from SA, it is politically correct to open a pub in SA once every, let's say... 10 pubs. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:17 pm

When we have a South African pub, Biltong, I expect you to man the braai!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:18 pm

AleciderAlecider

Tis a Friday, best get the drinks in early!

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:21 pm

Dan Carter? I thought it was supposed to be Dan Lydiate, the best player in the 6 Nations?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:24 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:When we have a South African pub, Biltong, I expect you to man the braai!

no problem with that, I will braai you the best lamb chop you have eaten in your life.

Gordon Ramsey et all will cry their eyes out.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:29 pm

Lamb is delicious. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:29 pm

biltongbek wrote:Well, I protest, I always have to get on a plane to go to the pub. how about we do one here in SA for a change. you do realise if I am one of 4000 posters and 1 of 1000 rugby posters, plus one or two others from SA, it is politically correct to open a pub in SA once every, let's say... 10 pubs. Laugh

Would that be on a quota basis then?

Whistle

Springbok

Hey Gringos
mo2

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:34 pm

Glas a du wrote:Dan Carter? I thought it was supposed to be Dan Lydiate, the best player in the 6 Nations?
It's a Dan, close enough The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina 1347041234

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:35 pm

Whisky

Why did the Mexican mo2 push his wife off a cliff?

Tequila! Da da dadi dada dah dah! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina 3559488474
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:36 pm

Glas a du wrote:Dan Carter? I thought it was supposed to be Dan Lydiate, the best player in the 6 Nations?

Asbo objected on the grounds that Richie Gray wasn't nominated for the award, hence skewing the vote. Or something like that.

I could change the DC image to this http://static.stuff.co.nz/1287112008/925/2703925.jpg if it makes you feel better.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
It's a Dan, close enough The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Mexico City Rugby Cantina 1347041234

Since when did this become a tyranny chin

You're all just jealous... raspberry
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:39 pm

How does a Mexican travel when he's visiting the Valleys?

On Arriba Trains Wales!

Tumbleweed

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:39 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:

Asbo objected on the grounds that Richie Gray wasn't nominated for the award, hence skewing the vote. Or something like that.

I could change the DC image to this http://static.stuff.co.nz/1287112008/925/2703925.jpg if it makes you feel better.

That reminds me of the hamster under the carpet joke...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:40 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:How does a Mexican travel when he's visiting the Valleys?

On Arriba Trains Wales!

Tumbleweed

Long delay, long delay, yehah! Run
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:45 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:

Nobody let my missus know this picture exists. Please.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

why have they put all the writing over him? spoilt the pic that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:56 pm

music In the cantina, Margarita keeps the spirits high... music

https://youtu.be/blRPcqg6-94

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

Mickado wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:

Nobody let my missus know this picture exists. Please.

That pic used to be a 5-storey high billboard on the side of the building next to where I worked in Chch. It replaced one of DC on his own.

When the first billboard went up the accident rate on the intersection doubled. It went up again when they added Honor's pic to it.

My sister used to have a screensaver of DC doing sit-ups Mick, I'm guessing you don't want word of that spread either Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:05 pm

Newsbreak. Mo has just taken Cari on her 1st bike ride since she was 14. She was laffing too much too get started. Now, she's off and filying through the park..

Little steps regs. Little steps... zen

And Mickado, on your post in the last Pub, about having that feeling you have to do something when someone tells you their troubles and woes... Sometmes, actually - nearly always, listening is 90% of solving their problems. Sometimes, they just need to say it out for themselves, hear it themselves and in doing so - they solve it as well in the process. Making them stronger for next time. Best they do it themselves, otherwise they will always need help. So, doing stuff for them is possibly the worst thing to do. Have to help them help themselves. Just one of my many silly little philosophies.

Good listening is a powerful weapon.

As are good solid friends who mind yer heart and soul and tell you the Truth.

Believe.

Stunning day today. Was in the Dam in and it was so warm. No coats or jumpers required. Cool
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:07 pm

Gibson wrote:Newsbreak. Mo has just taken Cari on her 1st bike ride since she was 14. She was laffing too much too get started. Now, she's off and filying through the park..

Little steps regs. Little steps... zen

And Mickado, on your post in the last Pub, about having that feeling you have to do something when someone tells you their troubles and woes... Sometmes, actually - nearly always, listening is 90% of solving their problems. Sometimes, they just need to say it out for themselves, hear it themselves and in doing so - they solve it as well in the process. Making them stronger for next time. Best they do it themselves, otherwise they will always need help. So, doing stuff for them is possibly the worst thing to do. Have to help them help themselves. Just one of my many silly little philosophies.

Good listening is a powerful weapon.

As are good solid friends who mind yer heart and soul and tell you the Truth.

Believe.

Stunning day today. Was in the Dam in and it was so warm. No coats or jumpers required. Cool

Lovely words there Gibbo

Fantastic day here today, had lunch sitting on the grass in the Embankment Gardens. Glorious.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:07 pm

Ok IT related people help.

I have been working on a document all day and been saving as I was going. As I was saving it just now it encountered an "unexpected error" and closed.

Now the file wont open.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:19 pm

Yikes. I wouldn't know what to suggest, Stag. Shocked

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:26 pm

Ive gone back to the drawing board.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:29 pm

I am no It guy, but sometimes when you shut down, and then restart and open your word, it will ask if you want to recover a document, not guaranteed to work, but worth a try
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:46 pm

details Latest results from Hong Kong 7s:

ENGLAND 19 -10 ARGENTINA Pool A
SOUTH AFRICA 10 -0 WALES Pool B
AUSTRALIA 31 -10 FRANCE Pool C
URUGUAY 14 -17 HONG KONG Pool D
SPAIN 19 -5 ZIMBABWE Pool E
RUSSIA 14 -7 JAPAN Pool F
SAMOA 19 -7 KENYA Pool A
NEW ZEALAND 29 -5 UNITED STATES Pool B
FIJI 39 -5 SCOTLAND Pool C
TONGA 33 -12 CHINA Pool D
CANADA 35 -5 PHILIPPINES Pool E
PORTUGAL 19 -0 GUYANA Pool F

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:49 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:
SOUTH AFRICA 10 -0 WALES

That's a typo, right? Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
Hound_of_Harrow wrote:
SOUTH AFRICA 10 -0 WALES

That's a typo, right? Wink

I imagine so. Only 10 points for the Saffers?

Wink Run
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:07 pm

lucky - Cuthbert is with the 'seniors' now. Ifan Evans can't do it all on his own butt.

Wink

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:

Not quite the reason, but it'll do!! On a related matter:

Six Nations: Richie Gray, player of the tournament

CORRECTION: Telegraph Rugby would like to apologise unreservedly to readers for a serious error made in the following article: Six Nations 2012 Awards. As a broadsheet newspaper famed within the mainstream media for its usually excellent and comprehensive rugby coverage, we would specifically like to apologise to a Mr Richard Gray of Glasgow, Scotland, for his glaring omission from not only the Player of the Tournament shortlist, but the Forward of the Tournament shortlist.

The writers responsible for the mistake would like to blame a clerical error or the sub-editors who worked on the article, but unfortunately on this occasion we will have to hold our hands up and admit that we simply didn’t do enough research in constructing the aforementioned shortlist or perhaps, following a particularly exciting weekend work trip to Cardiff, we were so ‘tired and emotional’ on Monday morning that we simply forgot to include Mr Gray in the list.

Unfortunately, you will never read this apology in the Telegraph itself, but just in case Telegraph Rugby writers would like to make one, please read this as an open letter and invitation to do so. Here’s why it should be made:

Being 6 foot 10 inches and sporting a shock of blonde hair, Richie Gray is particularly noticeable on a rugby field. He’s maybe one of those players that initially stands out, but when you get down to the statistics and the nitty gritty, he’s actually not as good as everyone says (Sebastien Chabal look away now). However, as I researched my Team of the Tournament, I looked at lots of statistics from most of the top players and Richie Gray’s numbers genuinely astounded me:

Matches: 5
Tries: 1 (top 2nd row)
Passes: 18 (top 2nd row)
Carries: 40
Metres carried: 155 (top 2nd row)
Clean breaks: 3 (top 2nd row)
Offloads: 5 (joint 6th overall; top 2nd row)
Defenders beaten: 6 (joint 12th, top 2nd row)
Tackles: 43 (joint 10th overall)
Missed tackles: 0
Penalties conceded: 1
Turnovers conceded: 0
Lineouts won on own throw: 19 (2nd overall)
Lineout steals: 0
NB Stats not available for French 2nd rows

Two other second-rows – Donnacha Ryan and Pascale Pape – were included on the Telegraph’s Forward of the Tournament shortlist (alongside Dan Lydiate, David Denton, Ben Morgan and Tom Croft) so, by way of comparison and in the absence of the latter’s numbers, here are Ryan’s:
Matches: 5
Tries: 0
Passes: 3
Carries: 18
Metres carried: 20
Clean breaks: 0
Offloads: 0
Defenders beaten: 1
Tackles: 33
Missed tackles: 1
Penalties conceded: 0
Turnovers conceded: 5
Lineouts won on own throw: 7
Lineout steals: 4

Ryan is inferior to Gray in 12 of the 13 categories listed and I’d wager Pape wouldn’t match up significantly better. In short, there is objectively no justification whatsoever for including either player ahead of Gray.

The Telegraph’s runaway Player of the Tournament winner was the outstanding Dan Lydiate. Taking nothing away from the Welshman, Richie Gray (in one extra match) made the same amount of tackles while missing fewer, carried more often for far more yardage, beat more defenders, made more clean breaks and offloads and conceded fewer penalties and turnovers.

Furthermore, with regards the Player of the Tournament shortlist, it must be remembered, and considered, that the giant lock forward is exactly that – a giant lock forward – and any reasonable rugby writer or analyst should be able to see that the statistics listed above, when these factors are taken into consideration, are truly remarkable. On top of this, the fact that Gray is just 22 (second rows are widely considered to be at their peak when approaching and beyond 30) and is playing in a consistently losing side only make his performances all the more spectacular.

In everything other than the number on his back and the fact he sticks his head up Allan Jacobsen’s ample backside a few times a match, Riche Gray is an enormous back-row forward. He tackles like an great open-side, carries like a great number eight and destroys like a great blind-side. Offloading like a great centre and scoring a try like a great full-back is simply beyond your remit, Richie. Stop it.

Richie Gray is now leading the charge of a new breed of big man, helping to redefine the role of the traditional lock. He’s an athlete. He probably made more yards and tackles in this tournament than Dooley, Norster, Cronin and Lenihan made in their entire careers. Combined.

In response, the Telegraph’s seasoned scribes may argue that rugby isn’t about statistics, it’s about intangibles – things you can’t teach and that numbers can’t demonstrate. Well, on that point you would be fighting a battle that you even less chance of winning, because Richie Gray has it all – passion, pride and innate, natural rugby ability. In short, he’s is a phenomenon and not only deserves his apology but his position as Rugbyposts’ Six Nations Player of the Tournament 2012.

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

raspberry Boo! I can't believe we are being dictated to by 'ash kitchen appliance' man. raspberry
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:44 pm

What do you call a Mexican who can't find his car?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:53 pm

If we have Dan Carter's photo above the bar because he is making a return to rugby today, may I just point out that there is another Legend of the game returning this evening at the RDS.

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Drool

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:55 pm

And I don't mean Leo Cullen.

Although, having said that, Big Leo's pic should be up there too, fair play to the man.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

WillyGilly wrote:What do you call a Mexican who can't find his car?

Carless, ...sorry I mean carlos?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

I've always liked the way Brad Thorn goes about his business.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:57 pm

Afternoon pub. Anyone endulging on an early pint with this lovely weather?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:57 pm

I've got a sore bum.

Best bike ride ever though, roysh. Smile
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm

He Gibbo, i will be down in the Dam tomorrow afternoon if you and Cari want to meet up?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 23 Mar 2012, 4:59 pm

WillyGilly wrote:I've always liked the way Brad Thorn goes about his business.

Except when he dumped John Smit right in front of the referee in a tri nations match.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:02 pm

Billy - tell Gibbo and Cari that I say "Hi".

They'll know what it means.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:02 pm

Hey, KRD closed MrsP's article. Censorship Wink Run
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

Brad thorn dumps John Smit, a year later John Smit gets his own back.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

Just watched that video Bek.

What a saffer thug.

thumbsup
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:09 pm

red_stag wrote:Just watched that video Bek.

What a saffer New Zealand thug.

thumbsup

Just corrected your obvious mistake. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:10 pm

Hoi Billy ,
That last post wasn't me. Cari went bike-riding with Mo. I'll sms you amarach. OK

Man, cant wait to see Himself play again tonight. BOD too.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm

Geen probleem Gibbo Smile
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm

And David Wallace is back this weekend too.

What a glorious weekend.

Bek no the Kiwi simply defended himself against a brutish bok.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:12 pm

By tip tackling the bok Captain?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:13 pm

biltongbek wrote:By tip tackling the bok Captain?

Sometimes you have to fight thuggish behaviour with thuggish behaviour . . . . . . Whistle
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next