The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Boxing hypocisy pt 1!! Jones JR vs Aaron Pryor

+5
Imperial Ghosty
88Chris05
Valero's Conscience
OasisBFC
TRUSSMAN66
9 posters

Go down

606 Boxing hypocisy pt 1!!   Jones JR vs Aaron Pryor Empty 606 Boxing hypocisy pt 1!! Jones JR vs Aaron Pryor

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:23 am

Part 1 of my upcoming series on 606 Boxing hypocrisy..

Jones jr is a guy acording to many who's achievements should be culled because of an offence with an illegal enhancing substance...No matter what explanation has been offered he's been hung, drawn and quartered and his legacy and victories tarnished!!

Aaron Pryor is an acknowledged great who's only criticism he receives is about his selection of opponent and career direction..

However in a hard fight with Arguello we can audibly hear his renowned vile-cheating-trainer saying "not that bottle the black bottle"....I know I'm a shy, retiring kind of guy who has led a sheltered life but If that isn't the most damning request I've heard a trainer make in the corner since I've been watching Boxing... I don't know what is!! Forget the fact he was winning!!

However he tends to get a free ride!!!

Now for me one may assume that many people don't like Jones jr and forget these little anomalies!!!! but hey that's me and I'm naturally a cynic...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

606 Boxing hypocisy pt 1!!   Jones JR vs Aaron Pryor Empty Re: 606 Boxing hypocisy pt 1!! Jones JR vs Aaron Pryor

Post by OasisBFC Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:26 am

couldn't the black bottle simply have contained more refreshing water than the other?

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

606 Boxing hypocisy pt 1!!   Jones JR vs Aaron Pryor Empty Re: 606 Boxing hypocisy pt 1!! Jones JR vs Aaron Pryor

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:32 am

It could've contained cherry-coke..jog on..

Certainly didn't contain the stuff he'd had for the last 12 or so rounds of the fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:35 am

I'm on this board a lot and i don't think RJJ is harshly criticised at all.....apart from his raping prowess and comments that he's now shot.

Y'all must of forgot!

RJJ is nearer to the present so people are generally more vocal.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:36 am

You're not on this board enough then...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

Possibly, Oasis. But it's Lewis' request for "the one (bottle) I mixed" which sounds a little fishy above all else. I don't tend to ast too many doubts over Pryor's win, mind you, for a couple of reasons. First off, while I'm no expert on the subject, most explanations I've heard from people who have a greater knowledge of the area seem to reject the idea that any kind of drug / stimulant could have such an almost instantaneous effect under those kind of circumstances. But again I'll stress, I'm no expert in that field, so if someone knows better then please enlighten me!

Secondly, I've actually always had him winning that first war with Arguello a little more handily than others. Don't get me wrong, Alexis was still in the fight in my eyes, but I'm not convinced that he'd have been good value for the decision win even if he'd have swept up the final two rounds (barring knockdowns, of course), and I certainly don't believe that he was anywhere near to being ahead before the stoppage, which I've seen thrown about a few times (of course, that's just my opinion and one judge did see it differently).

As for Jones, I've never once discredited him on the steroid issue, either, so hopefully Truss will accept my 'not guilty' plea for that one! From what I remember (and I'm sure a few people will bring it up here, anyhow) the link between him and the full-blown scandals of that era is a little tenuous. Besides, I'm pretty sure that steroids don't give you sublime reflexes and natural athleticism, which is the combination which made Jones so special in the first place.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:59 am

Absolutely I wasn't suggesting everybody damned RJJ or gave Pryor a free ride....

However as you know there are limits as to what you are allowed to keep in the bottles you take to the ring...why you need two containing different substances lends one to believe there was something illegal..whether it be steroids or something else less controversial...

Cheating is cheating and Lewis had form..................

Whatever the circumstances no one should get a free ride..

After all no one doubted Nixon won easy with or without Watergate in 72 against McGovern..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:04 am

The only thing that ever mattered to me about the whole Pryor incident was Arguellos attitude towards, granted he was a one off but he asked Pryor man to man if he knowingly took anything, Pryor said no which was good enough for him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:07 am

Well that's alright then......

Maybe we should have just asked Nixon man to man If he lied...

Wouldn't want to live in a Society where you were the Commander in Chief Ghosty mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It could've contained cherry-coke..jog on..

Certainly didn't contain the stuff he'd had for the last 12 or so rounds of the fight..

i love it when people say 'jog on'.
they always think its more original or cutting than it is.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:21 am

My point is Truss that the one person who could have shown ill will towards Pryor didn't show any, possibly a poor example as Arguello was a man of unquestionable honour.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:However as you know there are limits as to what you are allowed to keep in the bottles you take to the ring...why you need two containing different substances lends one to believe there was something illegal..whether it be steroids or something else less controversial...

Instant seriods in a bottle?!

Could it have not been Lucozade Laugh Is that illegal??

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:51 pm

Never heard of seriods!!606 Boxing hypocisy pt 1!!   Jones JR vs Aaron Pryor 810156456

Are they from space???

But to answer the question What I was alluding to is the fact that it doesn't matter If it was a steroid type substance or something less controversial...strict rules apply as to what was allowed in those days basically water...

Performance-enhancing or not...If it was not in the rules it's illegal...and as he wasn't happy with one bottle's contents..

One can guess the other contained something else!!!

cheating is cheating..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 28 Mar 2012, 1:00 pm

Great idea Truss, when can we expect Part 2?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 1:13 pm

Like the Empire strikes back it will out do the original don't you worry!!!Cool

coming soon....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

I'd have loved to know what was in the bottle. Panama Lewis recently said it was something like iced flat soda water - please correct with actual details - but something like that would help a bit more than water. Easy on the stomach etc.

Goes back to the same old point as before Truss - we KNOW Jones used an oral steroid - even though it was OTC and found in a supplement and only banned by the IBF. Its a surprisingly common way of accidental cheating actually - people feel if its over the counter it can't be banned.

Sadly - as an athlete you have an obligation to remain clean.

Whereas we KNOW Jones jr had a banned substance - we DON'T know that Pryor cheated, we only suspect.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

People get convicted on circumstantial evidence...

There is plenty in this case.........

A scumbag with form......A bottle that obviously had other contents from the one they were using all night (get me the one I mixed) and the fact the bottle disappeared faster than ITV digital after the fight..

Case for the prosecution rests your honor....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People get convicted on circumstantial evidence...

There is plenty in this case.........

A scumbag with form......A bottle that obviously had other contents from the one they were using all night (get me the one I mixed) and the fact the bottle disappeared faster than ITV digital after the fight..

Laugh

Case for the defence: All circumstantial evidence - men of the Jury! No proof at all. Little evidence of a stimulant in Pryor's post-fight performances!

Verdict: Not Guilty? Probs not - there's too much doubt over the guilt. Equally -can't be guilty based on a lack of definitive evidence. Ergo the third possibility - Case Not Proven might seem the correct one?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People get convicted on circumstantial evidence...There is plenty in this case.........

Those circumstantial cases also have the highest rate of convicting the innocent.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

Cases with so called primary evidence have been chucked out too it has to be said..

Eye witness testimony...and even DNA.....

Circumstantial evidence has also put many a psychopath away...

That's right Lewis came out twenty years later to claim some soda etc....

Why not have it in the original bottle????

Sorry my case is a good one...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 5:06 pm

Barry George .........Case that was primarily DNA based.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down