The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mail exclusive says it's Lancaster for England

+17
bedfordwelsh
yappysnap
beshocked
formerly known as Sam
Effervescing Elephant
BigTrevsbigmac
RubyGuby
screamingaddabs
hugehandoff
propdavid_london
Biltong
GunsGerms
Portnoy
maestegmafia
Geordie
EngInAuck
wickedwasp
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Daily Mail exclusive says it's Lancaster for England - Page 2 Empty Daily Mail exclusive says it's Lancaster for England

Post by wickedwasp Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:56 am

First topic message reminder :

so, it's probably Mallett.

After all, this is the Mail..............................

Stuart Lancaster is on the verge of being appointed England head coach after RFU chief executive Ian Ritchie was understood to have put forward his name to the union board for final approval.

The 42-year-old Cumbrian has had an anxious wait to learn his fate since having a formal interview for the post on Thursday last week, on the same day as his main rival, South African Nick Mallett.

On Monday, Ritchie and his four advisers — Sir Ian McGeechan, Rob Andrew, Conor O’Shea and Richard Hill — met for one final discussion before settling on their recommendation.

Sportsmail has learned that there was due to be a gathering of the RFU board on Wednesday night and it is thought that Ritchie had decided to propose that Lancaster is appointed as the long-term successor to Martin Johnson. Subject to formal acceptance at the meeting, an announcement is likely to be made either on Thursday or Friday.

wickedwasp

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail exclusive says it's Lancaster for England - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Mail exclusive says it's Lancaster for England

Post by eirebilly Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

I like SL, he seems a genuine man and someone you want to do well. I hope he gets it Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail exclusive says it's Lancaster for England - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Mail exclusive says it's Lancaster for England

Post by RubyGuby Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:37 pm

You don't like him as much as me though Billy do you Hug thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:55 pm

Well i am so pleased for Stuart Lancaster. He truly deserves the job imo, this is just about the first thing that the RFU have got right since 2003 rugby world cup.

Now the real work starts, the 6ns was great 4 out of 5 wins is more than i thought England would get to be honest. But now on to the summer tour and SA, England need to show that the 6ns was not a fluke, and that the whole team has improved.

I do expect other youngsters to be brought in on the summer tour and look forward to it.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:00 pm

Ruby, you scare me at time Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

I genuinely hope he can get England to the top, but I would have preferred someone with a proven track record. You have to wonder how the RFU could start with "A background of demonstrable high-level achievement in a senior coaching role at either national or regional level or within a high performing, senior professional club within rugby is essential." and end up with Lancaster!

I also think that he's got a bit too much credit in some areas. For example many of his "Brave" selection decisions, like dropping Hape or Cueto, were no-brainers for me. I also didn't really consider the problems under the Johnson regime to have been caused by a lack of passion either.

Hopefully the RFU will learn from their mistakes last time, and get some experienced guys around him.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

And you took your time replying there Billy - I was about to reach for the Bushmills - I mean SL is a nice fella but............... he don't make you laugh on a Friday like I does thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm

I always take time. My brains not as quick as it used to be Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

eirebilly wrote:I always take time. My brains not as quick as it used to be Very Happy

Are you BOD angel

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

Nope Martyn Williams Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

Allan Rollain? mad

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:08 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Allan Rollain? mad

The fantastic Irish ref that favors Wales? I might just be Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:09 pm

Later Billy I'm about to leave Falmouth for Truro (home) kids and missus have gone to the beach so i'll get some peace - Take care in the land of the clog and give my regards to Van der Gibson thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm

Zal ik doen Ruby.

Tot straks OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2