The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J.R-Cole

+5
nasisillmatic
djcc2004
Beer
Marky
Mark_Seven
9 posters

Go down

J.R-Cole  Empty J.R-Cole

Post by Mark_Seven Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

With Michael Cole reprising his heel persona on raw last week (he hadn't turned face but he had definitely toned it down) and announcing himself as the commentator for team johnny, can anyone else see him getting beaten up by booker/lawler after the match to allow JR to return for the big matches?..
Do people want to have j.r back to call the big wrestlemania moments or do you think Cole has earned his spot and should announce the whole thing?
Personally, Cole has grown on me but if I'm paying 15 quid I want jr (best commentator in any sport I've seen) to take me through.

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

J.R-Cole  Empty Re: J.R-Cole

Post by Marky Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:15 pm

I think with Booker T taking part in the Tag Team match, it could easily be Lawler/JR/Cole on commentary.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:30 pm

JR not commentating on at least HHH/Taker would be an absolute travesty. In a match sure to be filled with 'wrestlemania moments' he is certainly the man you want calling it. He is synonymous with high profile matches and iconic pieces of commentating.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

His 'this is too much!' shout when triple h tombstoned taker gave me goosebumps, it was just one of those classic jr calls and Ive replayed that bit so many times. I love that guy!

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

And he commentated on fcw the other week too by all accounts so hopefully that was to shake off any rustyness for the big event

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by djcc2004 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm

Not gonna be popular by saying this but i really dont want JR on mania. i thought his performance last year was very lackluster, it was not the old JR. I think they need to stick with cole,king and booker

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 30 Mar 2012, 1:37 pm

I would love to see JR on commentary but he suffers alot with Vince's "say nothing" policy.

On last years Mania when Taker was getting carried out as Triple H looked on niether JR or the other's said anything for about 3 mins. JR was always good at bigging up the moment and making it feel special, this has been taken away from him.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

I don't like JR working alongside Cole full stop so if it was as part of a three man team then it shouldn't happen for me.

JR/King (and maybe Booker too) would be the best for me, but when I know there is tension between Cole and JR and Cole acts so insufferably (can't stand his heel persona) then I'd rather they just left Cole to call everything vintage and Lawler to sound like he doesn't really care any more.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:10 pm

sodhat wrote:I don't like JR working alongside Cole full stop so if it was as part of a three man team then it shouldn't happen for me.

JR/King (and maybe Booker too) would be the best for me, but when I know there is tension between Cole and JR and Cole acts so insufferably (can't stand his heel persona) then I'd rather they just left Cole to call everything vintage and Lawler to sound like he doesn't really care any more.

But JR-Lawler only worked when Lawler was a heel commentator IMO. Lawler as a face alongside JR leads to an inbalanced commentary team that is overly bias towards the faces, potentially undermining the faces' popularity by inadvertantly creating sympathy for the heel amongst the viewers.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:25 pm

I said this awhile ago but I really want to see a team of JR doing play by play and Regal as the heel commentator. Regal is just a natural, he's funny, one of if not the greatest wrestler never to hold the top prize and is a natural heel, couple him with JR and it would be pure magic.

It's not going to happen but it would be incredible, Cole is a terrible hell commentator, he doesn't focus on the action enough to be the play by play guy. Vince needs to shut up telling him what to say, drop the ridiculous no talking rule and either dial Cole down or convert him into a manager/authority figure.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:33 pm

I really hope JR is on Mania. 100% doing the main event matches. Im hoping Cole will taken out some point during the match in trying to help Johnny win but gets taken out for his efforts.

He was class during the Undertaker HHH match last year. Also during the hell in the cell ppv last year.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down