The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JBL + Cole

+5
Lowlandbrit
NickisBHAFC
Samo
Kay Fabe
Liam
9 posters

Go down

JBL + Cole Empty JBL + Cole

Post by Liam Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Please WWE, keep these guys together. Last night, I heard the best commentary i've heard for a good 5 years. JBL is just brilliant. Not only does he switch from face to heel, whip out superb stats that further feuds and keep you interested, he brings out the best in Cole as a play-by-play commentator and also a face commentator, that I believe he plays just as well and if not better than a heel commentator. Please keep them together for the forseeable future, they were fantastic on SD together, and would improve Raw incredibly, they wouldn't allow the 3 hour show to become boring.

Liam

Back to top Go down

JBL + Cole Empty Re: JBL + Cole

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Did you just sack a guy who is recovering from a heart attack? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Lawler is well past his sell by date, heart attack or not, I'd hope he gets the JR treatment and isn't put back on air, he adds absolutely nothing to the product, he never really did, he was an antagonist that peaked in 99 but he was only there to play the yang to JR's (and Vinces) ying

I'd love to see JBL back, he makes matches/titles/feuds sound important and he also sounds very clued up, basically he does his job well, whether he'll be available or willing to come back and work full time again is another matter

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:36 pm

AntLord wrote:Did you just sack a guy who is recovering from a heart attack? Smile

Yes I did Whistle

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:50 pm

JBL was a breath of fresh air. If the WWE keep him on you can expect the viewing quality to go up.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:09 pm

JBL was class last night and he fits in well with Cole. Id have Cole turn face and keep JBL as a heel (not full blown) but i also think JR would be good to have with them at ppv's.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Isn't JBL off climbing a mountain in a few weeks though?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Is he climbing Kilimanjaro?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:19 pm

He's doing the climb on Friday

Jbl will be on raw tonight as reported last week, it was a shot deal by all accounts.
This is a report I have just read

"With Jerry Lawler still in the hospital recovering from a heart attack last week, PWInsider.com reports that Lawler's job as a WWE announcer is not in jeopardy. Vince McMahon reportedly told Lawler to take as much time as he needs to get healthy and his announcing job is waiting for him as soon as he's ready to return. That said, even though doctors told Lawler he can probably wrestle again, WWE is reportedly against the idea"

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:40 pm

He absolutely won't be allowed to wrestle at WWE events again.

As a pure comm role, I can't see too many issues.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Time will tell if he'll be allowed back to call matches, I just can't see it on a full time basis, once was an accident, can happen to anyone at anytime regardless of age (Muamba) but if it happens again it'll be an absolute PR disaster for WWE and Linda McMahon's political career

I've got no doubt he'll always have a job, even if it's in the Gorilla position but live on air, I just don't think they'd risk someone dying in front of a live crowd and TV audiance, what I will say though is that they're lucky Michael Cole was such a professional and along with great camera angles pretty much shielded the TV audiance from what was going on

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Exactly, WWE so far have come across pretty well in the whole thing. They had the medical attention to save his life, something which might not have happened had he been at home for example. If they were to then put him back on commentary, only for it to happen again, they will be heavily criticised.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Wrestling Observer were saying that JBL will be back longer than the 2 shows the other day.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:59 pm

I wonder if JBL was in the pipeline to return anyway in a different capacity, I think I remember seeing someone say the WWE were reported looking at dropping AJ and Booker and replacing them with one GM, I wonder if he was initially ear-marked for that role, personally I'd rather have him on commentry, its a very underrated position

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Even if JBL can't fill the role permanently, I imagine they have a few guys lined up who can guest commentate for a while if they do plan to bring Lawler back.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:06 pm

No doubt, don't think anyones of the opinion its JBL or bust

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content