The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Huricanes fans out there can tell us about Michael Bent?

+4
Mickado
nganboy
Golden
Jenifer McLadyboy
8 posters

Go down

Any Huricanes fans out there can tell us about Michael Bent? Empty Any Huricanes fans out there can tell us about Michael Bent?

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Leinster have signed him, he can prop on both sides, is 25, and Irish qualified.

If it is not an April fools, he sounds perfect, and could replace Tom Court on the Irish bench.

Getting waaaay ahead of myself there. Whatchu tink? Is he any good?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Any Huricanes fans out there can tell us about Michael Bent? Empty Re: Any Huricanes fans out there can tell us about Michael Bent?

Post by Golden Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 pm

http://www.hurricanes.co.nz/team/players/michael-bent

"Bent announced himself as a powerful scrummager and hard worker in the tight five with a strong 2009 ITM Cup. "

Sounds good so far!

5 Super rugby caps.

He has Ireland and Spain listed as favourite holiday destinations so he might have some interest in pulling on the green.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Any Huricanes fans out there can tell us about Michael Bent? Empty Re: Any Huricanes fans out there can tell us about Michael Bent?

Post by nganboy Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 am

journeyman super15 player at best the only reason we care about losing him is because we lost Tialata and Schawlager at the end of last season
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:24 am

Yeah but...

...he's good though isn't he?

He's being signed as our 3rd choice TH so I don't expect much.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:35 am

Texted me cousin in Wellington last night but the fecker never got back to me.

Mixed reports so far. We could have a good effect on him and get him to a high level or he could end up like Sykes..... Who knows?

I would not go by squad profiles anyway. They are never going to say. "The lad is muck, we only keep him on the books because we feel sorry for him"

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 am

e's from Taranaki, who traditionally have a decent scrum. Though on the flip side the Hurricanes' tight 5 are traditionally err not great.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:48 am

The Hurricanes scrum has struggled so far this season and if I'm not mistaken, he has been relegated to the bench in recent weeks.

But, maybe time with Greg Feel will give him the help he needs to progress.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:10 am

I sent a mail to my mate in Hawkes bay last night, he’s a Canes fan. Also no reply.

He said Brad Thorn was crap though, so not sure what kind of response to expect this time.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:32 am

Mickado wrote:I sent a mail to my mate in Hawkes bay last night, he’s a Canes fan. Also no reply.

He said Brad Thorn was crap though, so not sure what kind of response to expect this time.

I'd be worried if hes said he was good then... Whistle
Don't really follow the Canes (until this year) or the Wellington Lions and I live in Wellington so don't really know much about him. Obviously hasnt sent tongues wagging here though... Doh

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:51 am

Mickado

He aint as good as Brad Thorn.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:20 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: Mickado

He aint as good as Brad Thorn.

Ah balls, no point in signing him so! Wink

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down