The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUF Brazil

2 posters

Go down

TUF Brazil Empty TUF Brazil

Post by talkingpoint Mon 02 Apr 2012, 10:12 pm

Anyone watching this? I saw the second episode on ufc.com Wanderlei won the coin toss and chose to pick the first fighter giving Vitor the pick of the first fight. It turned out in Vitor's favour as his fighter won the first of the quarter finals. I always think having the pick of the first fight gives you an advantage as you have more control over strengths and weaknesses. However, neither fighter dominated and Pepey (team Vitor) won a decision victory so didn't really make a statement. The stand up was sloppy and wild imo, both men swinging for the fences in close quarters and looking nervous in the exchanges; Pepey also hit two low blows accidently proving how scrappy the stand up was. Pepey looked like the heavier hitter but Galeto (team Wanderlei) recovered well from a knock down in round 1. Even Vitor commented after the fight that both men looked "emotional" during the fight, which he said wasn't good. I think Wanderlei and Vitor will make good coaches. Both men are respectful and want to instill respect and discipline into their teams. I think this will be an entertaining season but some of the fighters seem like they've got more heart than skill.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

TUF Brazil Empty Re: TUF Brazil

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 11:02 pm

I watched the first episode on Sunday & thought it was ok but know what you mean about heart over skill, defo some guys with good power & a killer instinct. In time though I think the standard will improve. Will watch episode 2 in the next day or two, just checked its on mma core. Was gonna do a thread myself on this but the board has been very quiet. You still watching TUF Live?

Whats UFC.com like, is it free? I'll check it out if so. I like mma core as it has boxing & kick boxing as well & your able to watch the replay without knowing the result unlike youtube.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:07 pm

yeah the second episode of TUF brazil is free on ufc.com (which is why I watched it). Haven't been following TUF live but will probably watch a few episodes on mma-core

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Apr 2012, 6:34 pm

Anybody following this? I've watched all the episodes so far & Team Vitor have won every fight so far, 2 I think were up for dispute, Wanderli is not happy with the judging & you can see why.

The program itself is not live so you get more footage of training sessions & in the house, a couple of characters in there driving everybody mad, has looked like it could get out of hand here & there. Fight wise I think the fights in general have been a touch below that of the US one.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 28 Apr 2012, 7:39 pm

I've seen two episodes and I agree the quality of the fights hasn't been of the same standard.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:14 pm

didnt realise it was on ufc website, didnt even realise it had started. i presumed it was the next tuf after this current one finishes and would be shown on espn. shows how little attention ive been paying!!

how long are the episodes on the website on for? might have to catch up

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down