The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meanwhile, in Brazil ....

+6
geoff999rugby
doctor_grey
Gwlad
rainbow-warrior
bedfordwelsh
TG
10 posters

Go down

Meanwhile, in Brazil .... Empty Meanwhile, in Brazil ....

Post by TG Sat 05 Dec 2015, 10:08 am

Whilst I'm disgusted at the news that England will be playing Wales again next summer, here is a feel good story from the T2 world. Would it have hurt for England to play Brazil and Wales to play Germany instead of each other yet again ..... T1 rugby is too repetitive and losing its shine for me.

The attendance is on a par/better than many football clubs get in Brazil, though that mainly down to how badly football is run/administered there.

Brazil vs Germany 4th Dec

TG

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile, in Brazil .... Empty Re: Meanwhile, in Brazil ....

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:43 pm

That extra game is purely a money spinner which the other fixtures simply wouldn't have been able to match.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 06 Dec 2015, 10:34 am

TG wrote:Whilst I'm disgusted at the news that England will be playing Wales again next summer, here is a feel good story from the T2 world. Would it have hurt for England to play Brazil and Wales to play Germany instead of each other yet again ..... T1 rugby is too repetitive and losing its shine for me.

The attendance is on a par/better than many football clubs get in Brazil, though that mainly down to how badly football is run/administered there.

Totally agree with this. Wales just want to keep limber before the travel to NZ. They could have even stopped off in Tonga / Fiji / Samoa / Cook Islands and played a game. Certainly the union between Wales and Samoa would have brought in a bumper crowd and huge thanks from Manu Samoa.

Greed dirty greed.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 04 Feb 2016, 12:54 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
TG wrote:Whilst I'm disgusted at the news that England will be playing Wales again next summer, here is a feel good story from the T2 world. Would it have hurt for England to play Brazil and Wales to play Germany instead of each other yet again ..... T1 rugby is too repetitive and losing its shine for me.

Totally agree with this.  Wales just want to keep limber before the travel to NZ.  They could have even stopped off in Tonga / Fiji / Samoa / Cook Islands and played a game.  Certainly the union between Wales and Samoa would have brought in a bumper crowd and huge thanks from Manu Samoa.  

Greed dirty greed.

I can't ever see Wales volunteering to play Samoa ever again really! Danger of losing subsequent embarrassment etc. But of course you ar right and it pisses me off because we are a small union and should support another. What a cracking game it would have been.

Perhaps the IRB ought to introduce a 'guideline' of some sort that touring sides in NZ and Aus should try and support PI rugby by playing one game there on their tours.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:49 am

Gwlad wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Totally agree with this.  Wales just want to keep limber before the travel to NZ.  They could have even stopped off in Tonga / Fiji / Samoa / Cook Islands and played a game.  Certainly the union between Wales and Samoa would have brought in a bumper crowd and huge thanks from Manu Samoa.  

Greed dirty greed.

I can't ever see Wales volunteering to play Samoa ever again really! Danger of losing subsequent embarrassment etc. But of course you ar right and it pisses me off because we are a small union and should support another. What a cracking game it would have been.

Perhaps the IRB ought to introduce a 'guideline' of some sort that touring sides in NZ and Aus should try and support PI rugby by playing one game there on their tours.
Have to agree on this point, too.  Not just for Wales, but for any of the teams from the Tier 1 unions going down south.  

As other people have suggested, that end of season match between England and Wales will likely be a developmental, A-side type game with most regulars resting for their upcoming tours.  
Would probably do more for development to play one or more of the PI teams.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:53 am

doctor_grey wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Greed dirty greed.

Have to agree on this point, too.  Not just for Wales, but for any of the teams from the Tier 1 unions going down south.  

As other people have suggested, that end of season match between England and Wales will likely be a developmental, A-side type game with most regulars resting for their upcoming tours.  

Careful Doc, dont agree with me too much or some of the kids on here will start getting their collective knickers in a bunch about it Laugh

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 04 Feb 2016, 2:01 am

Gwlad wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Greed dirty greed.

Careful Doc, dont agree with me too much or some of the kids on here will start getting their collective knickers in a bunch about it Laugh
OK. Just don't tell anyone.

I keep forgetting you are on the west coast and are three hours behind me. Not used to getting too many lucid responses at this time of the evening.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 04 Feb 2016, 8:48 am

Agreed - equally SH teams coming north should play a game against the likes of Georgia and Rumania

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:35 am

The WRU will pocket £2m for playing England at the end of the season, that is why that game is taking place, and not one against one of the PI's.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:46 am

Im glad we aren't playing Samoa/Fiji/Tonga

It would just mean that Cardiff would be full of chinless wonders in boat shoes and grass skirts hoping Wales slip up.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman2 Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:58 am

Um....Wales are due to tour the Pacific Islands in Summer 2017.during the Lions tour. Better get those grass skirts ready.

Dontheman2

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:59 am

Dontheman2 wrote:Um....Wales are due to tour the Pacific Islands in Summer 2017.during the Lions tour. Better get those grass skirts ready.

Yes but I doubt the English will travel THAT far to support anyone but Wales
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:00 pm

Ah heck. If they can travel to Cardiff, then it is only a little further to the south pacific. Give the boys a chance to work on their sun tans.

I really don't recall the last time England traveled like that - which they should do. During the last Lions tour, they played in Argentina. Not sure their plans for next summer. Anyone know?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 04 Feb 2016, 5:09 pm

Gwlad wrote:I can't ever see Wales volunteering to play Samoa ever again really! Danger of losing subsequent embarrassment etc. But of course you ar right and it pisses me off because we are a small union and should support another. What a cracking game it would have been.

Why the hell should we?
The last time we took the time to tour there, they changed the venue of the match just before kick off and the time, so we played in searing heat not early evening, they refused to allow the welsh players to change in air conditioned changing rooms, yet the Samoans had them, then they refused us water during the game, resulting in several players collapsing of heat exaustion on the field. Neil Jenkins was so disorientated he actually got the ball and ran the wrong way, he needed a lot of medical treatment after the game as red heads don't do too well in the sunshine, him as well as several other players were put in a very dangerous situation. With a lot of players requiring medical treatment after the game. I'm amazed if any Welsh fans have forgotten or indeed aren't aware of this.
Fiji is apprently a nice country and the players were treated well, Tonga is very third world and staying there for any length of time wasn't really an option, but Samoa behaved terribly as hosts and don't really deserve any major nation to go there and play.
I'm amazed that Wales would even consider going to Samoa again after the amateur, and dangerous way they were treated last time.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down