The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juan Manuel Marquez - Fedchenko - LWW

+2
JabMachineMK2
AlexHuckerby
6 posters

Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez - Fedchenko - LWW Empty Juan Manuel Marquez - Fedchenko - LWW

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:17 am

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=298529&cat=boxer

Marquez seemingly testing the waters at 140, nothing wrong with that in my view, against a fringe World Level fighter in Fedchenko.

Should be interesting...

Where do we see him going possible fights with Khan, Peterson, heck maybe Maidana!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez - Fedchenko - LWW Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez - Fedchenko - LWW

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:13 am

Marquez has been up and down in weight for the past couple of years, what with Mayweather and Pacquiao then back to Katsidas and (has anyone heard anything from him in regards to who he'd think would win between the two? or any of their shared opponents as that would make an interesting article in itself!)

I see him staying at LWW and retiring after taking out Maidana in an all Mexican clash.

Peterson will follow Khan into the Welterweights and probably complete the trilogy once Pacquiao and Mayweather go into retirement. JMM will be a nailed on top 50 ATG for me if he takes a title at LWW.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez - Fedchenko - LWW Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez - Fedchenko - LWW

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:16 am

I've heard a couple of times now that if Marquez and Rios wins there respective fights, Arum wants them to fight each other at 140 in July in the cowboys stadium in Texas as a eliminator for pacquiao in november.

That's a fight I would pay too see. Rios is a relentless pressure fighter with a granite chin and a lot of power. Marquez is a master tactician, lovey counter puncher but can go to war. Stylistically, you would think rips is made for Marquez, but katsidis an Diaz gave him a lot of trouble. Rips hits harder than both and wont be discouraged by his power. Marquez didn't look like he could sustain a high pace vs manny last time out but he hasn't been stopped yet in 6 losses

On this fight, dont know who the guy is tbh but if Marquez wins this doesn't he win a 4th weight world title?

Also, jabmachine, maidana is Argentinian

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:29 am

Oh dear, dropped the ball there!

Well - South American clash then Wink

Agree with your points about Rios - think it'll be barnstormer as Marquez may not be in your face relentless, but he does know how to go to war.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:34 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Oh dear, dropped the ball there!

Well - South American clash then Wink

Mexico isn't in South America! Rolling Eyes

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:43 am

Oh god. I'll get my coat chin

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:44 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Oh god. I'll get my coat chin

Might want to pick an Atlas up on your way out as well mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:50 am

Thanks Rowley, I'll swing by my local library.....if I can make it that far without assuming I'm in Nigeria.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:59 am

Don't worry about Jeff, JM, he's a wee bit cranky this morning (it'll probably pass from morning to afternoon in the time it takes me to write this message, Rowley, so please give me some leeway if that statement is incorrect). Those spelling mistakes have really got his goat!

Somebody get that fella a saucer of milk!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:05 pm

Joe LEWIS Chris! Can nobody else see how annoying that would be, in a book I have paid for out of my hard earned, genuinely think some of you believe as 606v2 self appointed in house reviewer it is all free copies and generous bribes for positive reviews, how little you know.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm

Well, when you put it like that, Jeff. You're right, a rank injustice! By all means, get those claws back out. Lads, you have been warned...
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:25 pm

I think Lennox Louis was a much better champion than Joe Lewis.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:37 pm

After Marquez fought Floyd a couple of years back I think either Jim Lampley or Larry Merchant asked him who would win, Marquez said it was to do with styles and Mayweather wins unquestionably.

Rios Marquez is a great match, probably in the making seeing as they both fight on the same night on the same channel.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down