The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conamullenulster! Irelands 5th team?

+22
Golden
Croyman
GunsGerms
The Great Aukster
Rava
tecphobe
LeinsterFan4life
Intotouch
Bathman_in_London
Biltong
Maddog
clivemcl
LordDowlais
Red Right
Irishhoneymonster
Notch
Rory_Gallagher
Gibson
red_stag
rodders
Kingshu
Submachine
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Conamullenulster! Irelands 5th team? - Page 3 Empty Conamullenulster! Irelands 5th team?

Post by Submachine Wed 04 Apr 2012, 4:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was reading the thread about possibly expanding the Pro 12 and it got me to thinking. Now I don't believe Ireland has the resources (playing or financial) to support another team in this league however I do think there is a gap in the market for the following reasons:

1) Our academies are churning out more quality players than ever before
2) The provinces have started losing some good players to English clubs
3) Connacht have actually strengthened in playing personnel to such a degree that the "development" tag doesn't really sit right. Players such as Maguire, O'Donoghue, Jarvis and Loxton can't get much of a look in.
4) Older experienced players can't really wind down and have a year or two at a lower level passing on their valuable experience.

For these reasons and more I feel that we could have a 5th pro team. They could compete in the B&I cup in A club games and after a time the Amlin. Interest in rugby is still on the rise and if a few big name players were thrown in to the mix it could be an attractive option. Imagine Hayes, Quinn or Horgan lining out for a team at this level with a load of upcoming youngsters.

Given the provincial representation at the moment they could be based out of Dubarry Park in Athlone and they would be called Conamullenulster. Alternatively they could be based in North Dublin. It would boost the profile in the area hugely.

Well whadya think?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Conamullenulster! Irelands 5th team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Conamullenulster! Irelands 5th team?

Post by Notch Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:11 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:I like the way that they go from wanting to detonate a nuclear bomb in each others neighbourhoods to opening a cross community bakery together in just one episode. Thank you Captain Planet.

We'll be grand so long as an American can come over and sort everything out Rolling Eyes

Ach, you have to laugh though.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Conamullenulster! Irelands 5th team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Conamullenulster! Irelands 5th team?

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:33 pm

It's a hilarious clip. Some of the dialogue is ridiculous. Apparently in that episode they also successfully tackled apartheid and Israel/Palestine. Not bad going.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:34 pm

America! F#ck yeah!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:42 pm

I don't think that clip was 'hilarious' at all Feckless. If that nuclear bomb had of went off the consequences are unthinkable.

It really puts the olympic 7's issue in perspective.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:14 pm

Leprechaun "Ha ha! Right in the Protestants back yard" Leprechaun
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3