The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread

+14
Shifty
Breadvan
dogtooth
Cari
LordDowlais
Cardiff Dave
gowales
maestegmafia
Liam
wales606
thebluesmancometh
TBJ9625
ScarletSpiderman
mrzimmerman
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread - Page 3 Empty Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread

Post by mrzimmerman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:30 am

First topic message reminder :

On the eve of the latest welsh derby thought i'd start this thread so people can share their views and predictions on the big game tomorrow. I say big game because it is, it would be an excellent win for the away side as it would give them an excellent chance at a home play off semi. For the home side they need a win like they have never before. Troubles on and off the pitch would surely be forgotten(even if only for a few hours) if they beat the old enemy. I think the Blues fans would love to be able to talk about their beloved team in a postive light for the first time in a while.

The teams will be posted here as and when announced so you need look nowhere else for the pre, during and post derby match chat. Below is a link to the pro12 page for an interesting look at form guides and pre match review.

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/13746.php

Please keep talk on this thread about this match as there are already active threads on the troubles at the respective regions.

Cardiff Blues Team announced.

15 Leigh Halfpenny 14 Alex Cuthbert 13 Gavin Evans 12 Dafydd Hewitt 11 Harry Robinson 10 Ceri Sweeney 9 Lloyd Williams

8 Luke Hamilton 7 Martyn Williams 6 Michael Paterson 5 James Down 4 Bradley Davies (c) 3 Sam Hobbs 2 Marc Breeze 1 John Yapp

Replacements
16 Kristian Dacey 17 Nathan Trevett 18 Ryan Harford 19 Josh Navidi 20 Maama Molitika 21 Richie Rees 22 Dan Parks 23 Casey Laulala

Ospreys Team;

15 Richard Fussell
14 Hanno Dirksen
13 Tom Isaacs
12 Andrew Bishop
11 Shane Williams
10 Dan Biggar
9 Kahn Fotuali'i
1 Paul James
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 Ian Evans
6 Ryan Jones
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Joe Bearman

Replacements:

16 Scott Baldwin
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 James King
20 Tom Smith
21 Rhys Webb
22 Matthew Morgan
23 Sonny Parker

The Ospreys pack looks stronger but there are a few threats in the Blues backline. My personal prediction is an away win but it'll be close.

Last edited by georgestowersbiceps on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm; edited 4 times in total

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread

Post by Cari Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:50 pm

Hey all,

Just got back from the match. Wasn't happy with the O's performance first half...not sure what Clancy was on either, but we got the win in the end. After the second O's try, this Blues fan in front of us, got up and stormed out in a temper. I felt a bit sorry for him actually.

Does anyone know who MOTM was?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread

Post by Liam Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:54 pm

Just got back from the game. Well, can't say i'm surprised. Murdered in the scrum, with no attacking threat whatsoever.

Hamilton had a good game, can't believe he hasn't been playing on a regular basis for Blues, especially with his good performances for the U20's. Thought Breeze (?) threw decent and the line out functioned well, Paterson was superb even managing to nick their line out.

Subs were strange, especially with taking off Williams for Rees and Sweeney for Parks, why? we're chasing the game and we got the FH who can't for his life get the backline going and a guy who's probably got his mind on which house to buy in Edinburgh.

Disappointing night, guy next to me left after AWJ, he saw the writing on the wall. Gonna be a long season for the Blues next season, but after seeing the performances of Robinson and Hamilton its not all bad news.

But mostly bad news. Well played Ospreys, should get a home semi now and hopefully you'll fly the flag for Wales and complete the double sweep of a GS and the RDP12 thumbsup

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Coleman wrote:In regards to Trevett and Harford. If we dont try these players playing well at Welsh Prem level then we will never know if they're good enough. Maybe another season or two of grinding in the Prem will make them more effective.
They have been tried. Many times.

Well clearly there is no solution. Our coaches are inept; our board live in fear of a man who hasn’t done anything relevant with his life since the late 80's and seem determined to ruin the region. We unlike the other regions don’t seem to have any talent to develop, which is ridiculous as there have been Blues teams in the U18's and U16's finals for the past three years, not to mention that Blues regions schools dominate our High school rugby. Yet we have the worst development record of any region. Where do these players end up?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:11 pm

Cari wrote:Hey all,

Just got back from the match. Wasn't happy with the O's performance first half...not sure what Clancy was on either, but we got the win in the end. After the second O's try, this Blues fan in front of us, got up and stormed out in a temper. I felt a bit sorry for him actually.

Ryan Jones.

I felt sorry for the Blues fans too. They are a much better team than they are showing at the moment.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:15 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Cari wrote:Hey all,

Ryan Jones.

I felt sorry for the Blues fans too. They are a much better team than they are showing at the moment.

They weren't actually that bad, but you simply cannot win a game without a good scrum. Every single scrum Blues had they went backwards. Ryan was superb again, I thought Bradley had a good game as well as Luke Hamilton (Who needs to play more).

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:36 pm

Mart I agree...!

The game was stifled by Clancy too. Ospreys first choice front five was dominant in the scrum. Thought Both the locks looked great.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:47 pm

Thanks Martyr. Leigh HP's kicking was superb. I think he's great. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:29 am

Well, I have just woken up and came on here to see what other peoples views of the game were. As I thought every one, and rightly so, is talking more about the ref than the game steam Could not believe it was only £1.99 for a pint in the Prince of Wales yesterday Yahoo I had few in there before I went down to the stadium thumbsup . But, like everybody else at the game, they were all moaning about Clancy, it was as if he did not want the Ospreys to win. I am going to watch the game on my sky+ this morning and try to see it through sober eyes. Seriously though something has to be done about the dodgy Irish refs in our league. Also, I thought that new Scottish ref did well on Friday night.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:30 am

Dowlais - it's on S4C now as Y Clwb Rygbi is being repeated anyway Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:39 am

Am watching it now, as I type, and Clancy is even crapper on the tele. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:47 am

I thought Clancy was pretty poor, how he gave it a deliberate knock on against Ceri Sweeney and thus a yellow card is beyond me. I though the Blues played decent yesterday. The two yellow cards killed them and didn't allow them to get any move sets going in the back line.

Like I said earlier though, the writing was on the walls with the scrum and it is a fact in rugby, if you haven't got a scrum, you don't win rugby games.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:56 am

I didn't understand Sweeney's binning either. I also thought Fussell was lucky not to get binned - his amateur dramatics after he'd taken someone out in the air were embarrassing too.

Note to Tandy: Ospreys must start with Webb at scrumhalf. Fotuali'i is just too slow.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:06 am

Cari I havent a clue why we even have foutali on our books he is a waste

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:13 am

Maes - he just looks like he's been to the Mike Phillips School for Scumhalves. I could've got up from my seat and got a burger in the time it took him to get the ball out last night. He has potential, just needs to speed up a bit. We'll see at the end of his contract if he really has been a waste of money. There's time to improve if he can.

Dirksen's really coming along...well, that 14 shirt is a bit special. He has big boots to fill now My Boy's gone. Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:24 am

I'm sure one of the players just made a Yeeeeehaaaaaw noise in that scrum as well! Laugh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:14 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Cari I havent a clue why we even have foutali on our books he is a waste

Yep, why Webb isn't nailed on first choice I have no idea.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:28 pm

To be fair maes Kahn looked very good for the Crusaders and Samoa last year, i was really looking forward to his signing. He hasn't set the world alight but we need two decent scrum halves

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Sun 15 Apr 2012, 8:41 pm

Quick word to thank everyone for their contribution on the thread. Everyone's views were respectful and insightful. Can't imagine a game without the always interesting views of the 606v2 posse. Cheers.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 15 Apr 2012, 8:53 pm

gowales wrote:To be fair maes Kahn looked very good for the Crusaders and Samoa last year, i was really looking forward to his signing. He hasn't set the world alight but we need two decent scrum halves

We have two very good scrum halves both better than Khan Fotuali Rhys Webb and Tom Habberfield.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:38 pm

The ref not for the first time spoiled the game with wrong decisions. The Ospreys are the only regional team in Wales that has a scrum, the other three have no strength in depth an it shows this late in the season The blues were up for it in the first half but did not threaten and it was a matter of time before they cracked.

Again R Jones had a great game but should be playing 8. Is it me but Fusell is going from bad to worse, he is no 15 his best position is on the wing or right back in the changing room.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3