The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread

+14
Shifty
Breadvan
dogtooth
Cari
LordDowlais
Cardiff Dave
gowales
maestegmafia
Liam
wales606
thebluesmancometh
TBJ9625
ScarletSpiderman
mrzimmerman
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread - Page 2 Empty Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread

Post by mrzimmerman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:30 am

First topic message reminder :

On the eve of the latest welsh derby thought i'd start this thread so people can share their views and predictions on the big game tomorrow. I say big game because it is, it would be an excellent win for the away side as it would give them an excellent chance at a home play off semi. For the home side they need a win like they have never before. Troubles on and off the pitch would surely be forgotten(even if only for a few hours) if they beat the old enemy. I think the Blues fans would love to be able to talk about their beloved team in a postive light for the first time in a while.

The teams will be posted here as and when announced so you need look nowhere else for the pre, during and post derby match chat. Below is a link to the pro12 page for an interesting look at form guides and pre match review.

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/13746.php

Please keep talk on this thread about this match as there are already active threads on the troubles at the respective regions.

Cardiff Blues Team announced.

15 Leigh Halfpenny 14 Alex Cuthbert 13 Gavin Evans 12 Dafydd Hewitt 11 Harry Robinson 10 Ceri Sweeney 9 Lloyd Williams

8 Luke Hamilton 7 Martyn Williams 6 Michael Paterson 5 James Down 4 Bradley Davies (c) 3 Sam Hobbs 2 Marc Breeze 1 John Yapp

Replacements
16 Kristian Dacey 17 Nathan Trevett 18 Ryan Harford 19 Josh Navidi 20 Maama Molitika 21 Richie Rees 22 Dan Parks 23 Casey Laulala

Ospreys Team;

15 Richard Fussell
14 Hanno Dirksen
13 Tom Isaacs
12 Andrew Bishop
11 Shane Williams
10 Dan Biggar
9 Kahn Fotuali'i
1 Paul James
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 Ian Evans
6 Ryan Jones
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Joe Bearman

Replacements:

16 Scott Baldwin
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 James King
20 Tom Smith
21 Rhys Webb
22 Matthew Morgan
23 Sonny Parker

The Ospreys pack looks stronger but there are a few threats in the Blues backline. My personal prediction is an away win but it'll be close.

Last edited by georgestowersbiceps on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm; edited 4 times in total

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread

Post by gowales Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:36 pm

And who's the one who said that the Blues should play their derby games in CCS because of "demand"... Whistle I wonder what the crowd would have been like if they'd have played in the CAP

gowales

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:37 pm

Blues are playing Clancy at the scrum, and getting away with it!

There seems to be too many clubmen in the 9, 10, 12 corridor for both sides!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:38 pm

Capped at 9 or so I'd say go, what do you reckon?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:41 pm

wales606 wrote:Ive given up for this season.

Funny that's how I feel too, I normally would be at the stadium, but today I just couldn't be bothered, which is not like me at all. Shocked

I guess I'm just sick of seeing boring sub standard rugby. Crying or Very sad
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:42 pm

Watching this game, and seeing Hamilton looking pretty sharp and eager, despite in the pre game interview saying he had to be thrown in because of injuries, I'm wondering what the likes of Paterson, Tito, Rush etc actually bring that the academy boys can't?!

And with a lot of NWQ 2nd div quality we're signing, why bother? Just promote from within, save money and build around the real quality we have!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:44 pm

Is it me or is Hibbard hitting every ruck from the side, the crying about being pinged?!

How dull is that guy!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:45 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Watching this game, and seeing Hamilton looking pretty sharp and eager, despite in the pre game interview saying he had to be thrown in because of injuries, I'm wondering what the likes of Paterson, Tito, Rush etc actually bring that the academy boys can't?!

And with a lot of NWQ 2nd div quality we're signing, why bother? Just promote from within, save money and build around the real quality we have!

Or sign some Fijian and a guy from the English second division to inspire your season ticket holders and get fans hanging from the rafters!

Sorry low blow... Crying or Very sad
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:46 pm

Clancy is an absolute nightmare...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:47 pm

Sweeney another non yellow, he plays the ball from his forearm to his own head and is yellow'd... WTF Clancy!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:48 pm

Your right tho Alyn.

Suicides seeming a viable option... Cry

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:48 pm

Blues i know...!

Clancy is an absolute moron. no empathy at all...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:50 pm

I thought lifting legs above shoulders was an immediate penalty these days, are you allowed to pile drive?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:53 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I thought lifting legs above shoulders was an immediate penalty these days, are you allowed to pile drive?

Hanno fell backwards and Hewitt was landed safely, I still cant work out why or how Hewitt was doing a handstand...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:55 pm

Its all about gymnastic ability tonight... well played AWJ try ospreys

17-12

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:56 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:I thought lifting legs above shoulders was an immediate penalty these days, are you allowed to pile drive?

Hanno fell backwards and Hewitt was landed safely, I still cant work out why or how Hewitt was doing a handstand...?

I think he jumped in the tackle to try and get Dirksen sent off, it would explain why Dirk was so píssed off.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:59 pm

Yey Navidi is coming on, Tips Vs Navidi should be a cracker! boxing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:59 pm

Are you kidding? Hanno lifts him from the hip from a crawl position, and as he has him in the air falls backward through momentum... penalty!

Is it me or is Davies holding the Blues pack in this game?!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:00 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

I think he jumped in the tackle to try and get Dirksen sent off, it would explain why Dirk was so píssed off.

Has worked for him before...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:02 pm

Come on then O's, 3 more tries please!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:02 pm

Get in there Adam.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:02 pm

Adam Jones running game is really coming along. I think he and gethin jenkins must have a wager for prop try of 2011-12

26 - 12

need two more tries though...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:05 pm

30 points plus against us V Glasgow, then Leinster and now Ospreys...

At least we're consistent!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:07 pm

Yep, thats it, bring on Dan Parks to get you back in the game...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

God the Ospreys could of set a record if the game had, had a decent ref today. steam
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

Oh and take off the best Scrum half Cardiff has seen since Rob Howley for Richie Rees...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:09 pm

Josh Nalvidi really needs to get rid of the "Swampy" haircut if he wants to be taken seriously.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:10 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Josh Nalvidi really needs to get rid of the "Swampy" haircut if he wants to be taken seriously.

Haha Maesteg I love it! I haven't heard that name for years! laughing

That's the first time I have smiled all day, lol. Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:13 pm

I love the way Webb is bringing back the boot for those in the way of the ball.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:14 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Josh Nalvidi really needs to get rid of the "Swampy" haircut if he wants to be taken seriously.

Haha Maesteg I love it! I haven't heard that name for years! laughing

That's the first time I have smiled all day, lol. Hug

I had a good laugh at breakfast when my wife accidentally farted at the table and tried to cover it up by coughing... I said nothing, while reading the newspaper but it put a big smile on my face... Amazing how no matter how old you get the same things can make you laugh...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:15 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I love the way Webb is bringing back the boot for those in the way of the ball.
And as the commentator said that Clancy would likely yellow card a player for blowing his nose on his sleeve rather than penalise a tip tackle.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:16 pm

I wish my GF would take lessons from your wife, she normally lifts her leg and whistles like a bombs dropping...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:16 pm

THank god its over...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:17 pm

Well in the end a huge win over the Blues but the ref ruined it for most of the game. but thankfully our class told over an awful Blues side.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by idris Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:17 pm

Ospreys forwards are amazing.

27-0 2nd half to Ospreys.

The Blues Wales stars need to move abroad. Baber and Burnell need to take up a different profession.

idris

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:18 pm

33 - 12

I think we can all pat ourselves on the back for calling that one.

Ryan Jones - It was a great derby! NOT FROM WHERE I WAS SAT KNOBHEAD!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:19 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I wish my GF would take lessons from your wife, she normally lifts her leg and whistles like a bombs dropping...
My wife is in her late fifties and is a Grandmother... Makes it very funny... As well as the fact that in 33 years of
marriage that is the first time I have heard her fart...

Highly recommend the Shah Tandoori on Station Road in Maesteg for a great take away and a laugh at breakfast...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

Clancy should be tried for crimes against rugby, the guy destroys every game he refs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:25 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Clancy should be tried for crimes against rugby, the guy destroys every game he refs

It's true, on every forum I have read during the game everyone across every forum has said bad things about Clancy, he is far to happy to look for a reason to blow his whistle and it destroys the game as a spectacle and kills any momentum in it.

Why couldnt we of had Nigel Owen for this game? boxing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:27 pm

Dang it seems we missed all the fun apparently Nigel Owens microphone broke down in the Glasgow Munster match, and used his mobile phone to ring the TMO.

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread - Page 2 Aqdo5n10
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Watching this game, and seeing Hamilton looking pretty sharp and eager, despite in the pre game interview saying he had to be thrown in because of injuries, I'm wondering what the likes of Paterson, Tito, Rush etc actually bring that the academy boys can't?!

Paterson? - The man who had just been selected for NZ before he left. Easily our player of the year and the only man to outplay his opposite number against Leinster, and comfortably the Blues best player tonight.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Oh and take off the best Scrum half Cardiff has seen since Rob Howley for Richie Rees...?

Rees has been playing better off the bench than L.Williams has recently.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:09 pm

AlynDavies wrote:Dang it seems we missed all the fun apparently Nigel Owens microphone broke down in the Glasgow Munster match, and used his mobile phone to ring the TMO.

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys thread - Page 2 Aqdo5n10

laughing

Brilliant
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:10 pm

Blues 18 - 98 Others

Blues tries 0 - 11 Others

In the last 3 games
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:18 pm

Ye thats it 606 Patterson the legend!!!

Hamilton outplayed him tonight, had to take all responsibility at the back of the scrum, Patterson got as far away from there as he could. He carried innefectually again and was pretty solid in defence to give him credit.

Hamilton was good considering it was his debut, was on the end of a scrum tonking, in a far inferior pack, and had to step up and do a lot of dirty work Paterson and Williams can't!

How is Trevet anywhere near regional standard?????????????

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:25 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Ye thats it 606 Patterson the legend!!!

Hamilton outplayed him tonight, had to take all responsibility at the back of the scrum, Patterson got as far away from there as he could. He carried innefectually again and was pretty solid in defence to give him credit.

Hamilton was good considering it was his debut, was on the end of a scrum tonking, in a far inferior pack, and had to step up and do a lot of dirty work Paterson and Williams can't!

Paterson got most of the blues lineout ball, and stole the Ospreys.

He is consistently the Blues highest tackler (like a good no6)

He challenges for every restart.

Hamilton threw a pass so far behind Cuthbert it was almost an ospreys try (and cuthberts pulling back would have been a yellow if seen) and failed to get the ball out of a Blues scrum under pressure.

Paterson may not make huge amounts of ground when carrying, but his all round game is superb and consistently superb - He should be Blues player of the season (and is leading the poll when I last looked) - his only cometition being Halfpenny and Cuthbert, mainly due to their work for Wales though, not for the Blues as they have missed a lot of the season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:27 pm

He is not, he was brought up from the Premiership to cover during the WC. Unfortunetly Filise has been injured all season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:35 pm

Luke Hamilton played for Cardiff Blues last season and a few times this season, so it wasn't his debut.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:37 pm

wales606 wrote:

He is not, he was brought up from the Premiership to cover during the WC. Unfortunetly Filise has been injured all season.

Trevett is cheap and ticks a box.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:41 pm

In regards to Trevett and Harford. If we dont try these players playing well at Welsh Prem level then we will never know if they're good enough. Maybe another season or two of grinding in the Prem will make them more effective.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:49 pm

Coleman wrote:In regards to Trevett and Harford. If we dont try these players playing well at Welsh Prem level then we will never know if they're good enough. Maybe another season or two of grinding in the Prem will make them more effective.

They have been tried. Many times.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next