The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing?

+15
Seagultaf
HERSH
Biltong
rodders
eirebilly
LondonTiger
Morgannwg
Taylorman
sugarNspikes
maestegmafia
glamorganalun
gowales
Cari
Casartelli
3rdGrandslamCame
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing? Empty Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing?

Post by 3rdGrandslamCame Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:36 pm

Priestland has a shocking accuracy rate.

3rdGrandslamCame

Back to top Go down

Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing? Empty Re: Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing?

Post by Casartelli Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:38 pm

In fairness, you could have saved a few tenths of a seconds worth of typing by going with, "Why is Priestland kicking?"

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing? Empty Re: Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing?

Post by Cari Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

Stephen Jones is only covering at 12 because Jonathan Davies had to pull out last minute. To be fair to Priestland, it's not his fault that the ball hits the post.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdGrandslamCame Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:44 pm

Twice. Plus the others.

3rdGrandslamCame

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm

Meh Stephen ain't so great himself

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 15 Apr 2012, 4:13 pm

Priestland was shocking again, the Scarlets were causing a lot of problems running and offloading but Priestland kept kicking the ball away and badly even S Jones looked discussed a few times with his aimless kicking.

Fenby stood out from a good overall performance of the team, I thought S Jones played very well making up for the poor 10 next to him. They still missed J Davies but who would not. Shame they did not get the BP as they may regret missing out on a top 4 finish.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 15 Apr 2012, 4:25 pm

Or maybe the reason Priestland kept kicking it away was because a) that was the game plan, b) he had S Jones and Nick Reynolds outside of him...

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 15 Apr 2012, 7:15 pm

Fenby looks good though.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 15 Apr 2012, 8:02 pm

The reason the Scarlets didnt get their bonus point was more to do with Reynolds inability to hold a pass, he dropped three or four critical passes.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 15 Apr 2012, 8:27 pm

Blimey, that must have been a shocking performance by the Scarlets against a side that is history. They've blown it.

Priestland looks lost these days.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 15 Apr 2012, 8:32 pm

Cari wrote:Stephen Jones is only covering at 12 because Jonathan Davies had to pull out last minute. To be fair to Priestland, it's not his fault that the ball hits the post.

Thats a new one I have to admit...whos is it then?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdGrandslamCame Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:13 pm

The post moved.

3rdGrandslamCame

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:36 pm

Hahahahaha dearie me. Women should stop watching sport.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:07 am

Morgannwg wrote:Hahahahaha dearie me. Women should stop watching sport.

What other grounds should we use to exclude?

Race?
Religion?
Sexual Persuasion?
Age?
Users of fake tan?
People from reality shows?
Height?
People of above average intelligence?
People of below average intelligence?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:53 am

I'm looking forward to you explaining that comment a bit further Morg Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:59 am

I have a feeling that Morgs may have had a few of the Sunday guinness's

But agree about Cari, she only watches rugby for the meer chance of an up-short sighting of Tommy Bowe Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:00 am

I thought that was why Owens and Barnes ref Run

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:01 am

Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:06 am

LondonTiger wrote:

What other grounds should we use to exclude?

Race?
Religion?
Sexual Persuasion?
Age?
Users of fake tan?
People from reality shows?
Height?
People of above average intelligence?
People of below average intelligence?

Aww shoite....... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:13 am

Thats you gone then rodders?

fake tan usage?? Shocked
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:19 am

I suppose it excludes a few South Africans as well then, but not for fake tan.Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing? Banghe10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:21 am

Not much sun in these parts Billy.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:29 am

roddersm wrote:Not much sun in these parts Billy.

you guys are lucky, at least you will be excluded for something superficial like fake tan, us ...er...well, other things will come into question
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:48 am

Are you trying to look like Henson rodders?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:51 am

Cool
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:52 am

Wannabe Henson fanboy Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:54 am

I heart Gav Ok! .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:56 am

roddersm wrote:I heart Gav Ok! .
vomit

Rodders, you are an Irishman, pull yourself together. steam
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:57 am

I will Biltong... as soon as I fix my hair elvis .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:00 am

If Ruan Pienaar and his countrymen heard about this, they will make an about face and join the injury ridden Lions.Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing? Smiley_running
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:05 am

roddersm wrote:I heart Gav Ok! .

In a manly sort of way i gather Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:12 am

In every way Billy.... Wink.

...you guys do realise I was joking about the fake tan?....... I use a sunbed..... Run

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:24 am

Just as fake.Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing? Innoce10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:26 am

rodders Sexual Persuasion may have to come into question now as well Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:27 am

Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing? Roflbl10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:29 am

biltongbek wrote:Why is Priestland kicking when Jones is also playing? Roflbl10

Is it just me or does that smiley look like someone chocking on a pair of blue testicals?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:31 am

....... So anyways, Why is Priestland Kicking if Jones is playing?.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:33 am

LondonTiger wrote:

Is it just me or does that smiley look like someone chocking on a pair of blue testicals?

Feic, i just spat me coffee Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:35 am

Because he is a world class player laughing

No really Whistle

He is Laugh
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:35 am

eirebilly wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Feic, i just spat me coffee Laugh

It's not funny. steam

They're green.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:07 am

More to the point, why is Priestland staying and Jones leaving?

With his Wales commitments Priestland is only available for at the most 50% of the Scarlets games. If Jones stayed he would be available for all of them. Can the Scarlets afford to pay the wages of a player who actually spends most of his time playing for another team?

Jones may not be Lions first choice any more but yesterday he looked a better player than Priestland.

If Jones stayed for 2 years he could be used to bring on a couple of new young West Wales 10s such as Jordan Williams, or Sam Davies or Steve Shingler.

The one bit of sense that has come out from Peter Thomas of the Blues is that the elephant in the room in Welsh rugby is the regional rugby busineses pay the wages of the National team players and then have to hold out the begging bowl to get some cash returns. Without the regions Wales would not have a team. look at what has happened to Wales football side!

Last edited by Seagultaf on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

Wasps could still go down!

Not a great move by the Count.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:16 am

Scarlets didn't offer Stevo a new playing contract, we only offered him a coaching one (which he declined as he still wants to play rugby)

Sam Davies is in the O's academy, not a Scarlet. Shingler is with London Irish, not a Scarlet so how could Stevo help develop those two anyways?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon 16 Apr 2012, 12:01 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Scarlets didn't offer Stevo a new playing contract, we only offered him a coaching one (which he declined as he still wants to play rugby)

Sam Davies is in the O's academy, not a Scarlet. Shingler is with London Irish, not a Scarlet so how could Stevo help develop those two anyways?

I am fully aware that both Sam Davies and Steve Shingler play for other clubs. I am also aware that Shingler is an ex Scarlet and his brother plays for thye region (he also has no chance of playing for Scotland now so a plan B is needed), Sam was brought up just a stones throw from PYS (in Gowerton) and is the son of the current Coach. For either of them, an oportunity to be groomed as Jones successor at the Scarlets? They would jump at the chance!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 12:04 pm

If Shings would jump at the chance Seagul, he'd never have left.

And I don't think Sam can play for the Scarlets, certainly not for a couple of years at least anyways as he's tied up in the O's academy, and even then it's not guaratneed he'd come in and play for us. Would be v tricky with Nige being his dad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon 16 Apr 2012, 12:16 pm

I agree it would be difficult for Sam with Nigel as the coach but as a professional rugby player he needs to do what is best for his career.

I disagree on Shingler though, it is clear that the guy is ambitious. When he left the Scarlets he was behind, Jones, Priestland and Newton at 10 and a host of players at centre and full back. If he was offered the chance to come back to be groomed as no 1 fly half, do you really think he would not jump at the chance?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 16 Apr 2012, 12:22 pm

Dreamer - I don't think Nigel would ever really want Sam in the team purely down to the family ties.

As for Shingler junior, I think he is getting paid pretty well in LI, and will most likley not want to be at any region right now unless they would be matching his money.

What I really struggle with on here is that there are huge amounts of folk moaning about our international players leaving, and the way welsh rugby will suffer for the internationals leaving etc etc. And then there are folk on here wanting the internationals to leave so that the older heads can develope more young players, who will become internationals, and then be moving on too.

Priestland may well spend a while away with the welsh squad next season, however surely Jordan Williams (Newton, O Wiliams too) will get more game time, and experience if Steve isn't at the Scarlets than they would if he were there.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 16 Apr 2012, 2:23 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
What I really struggle with on here is that there are huge amounts of folk moaning about our international players leaving, and the way welsh rugby will suffer for the internationals leaving etc etc. And then there are folk on here wanting the internationals to leave so that the older heads can develope more young players, who will become internationals, and then be moving on too.

Priestland may well spend a while away with the welsh squad next season, however surely Jordan Williams (Newton, O Wiliams too) will get more game time, and experience if Steve isn't at the Scarlets than they would if he were there.

Yeah. They are moaning and saying players should go to France. that's madness. Scarlets improvement is down to them bringing through their own guys from the academy and Premiership. I think the other 3 need to follow their example as the big names there are staying loyal to the Region. I think the main issue is NWQ players taking up spots. Sometimes it is necessary but the ones complaining should complain about this issue before calling for our big name players to go overseas.

BTW, I think Sam Davies is a terrible player. That Jordan Williams looked much better though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 16 Apr 2012, 2:34 pm

Morg - I wouldn't be too suprised to see the Scarlets welsh stars head off to pastures new in a few years (providing there is still money to be made abroad), the only real difference is our 'stras' seem to all be younger and have played together for a while so its more loyalty to each other, and being young, as opposed to loyalty to the region IMO
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Mon 16 Apr 2012, 4:55 pm

"Scarlets' improvement is down to them bringing on their own guys..."

Hang on a minute. They are mid-table in the league and non-challengers in the Heineken. Again.

Yes, they are providing some great young players to the national team, but as a team they are second-tier.

What is happening this year is that the gap between Ospreys and Scarlets is closing by the Ospreys getting worse. The major reason is that they lost half a dozen international quality players.

It is quite possible that next year the O's will sind further and there will be no top tier club team in Wales.

How can that be good?

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next