The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alistair Hargreaves signs for Saracens

3 posters

Go down

Alistair Hargreaves signs for Saracens Empty Alistair Hargreaves signs for Saracens

Post by beshocked Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:37 am

Alistair Hargreaves has been signed for Saracens as a replacement for Hayden Smith who has been snapped up by the New York Jets in NFL.

http://www.saracens.com/news/view.php?Id=6947

Can anyone give me more details about how good he is, what type of player etc?

Particularly Biltongbek might be able to shed some light as the resident South African mod?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Alistair Hargreaves signs for Saracens Empty Re: Alistair Hargreaves signs for Saracens

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:38 am

Good player bechocked.

Like most South African forwards will bring lots of physicality to your side.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Alistair Hargreaves signs for Saracens Empty Re: Alistair Hargreaves signs for Saracens

Post by Biltong Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 am

He is decent, not as physical as some others, but he is still quite young, he played 4 tests for the Boks.

Decent signing.

i am surprised he decided to go though, he just made inroads into the Soringbok team, so that will reduce his chances significantly.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 am

Ozzy3213 I like the sound of that.

Only 25 too. Would be nice if he's a younger,stronger version of Botha.

Is he a lineout man or an enforcer?

Another plus is he'll be able all season unless injured of course.

Not going to get my high hopes up too much as I had faith in Deon Carstens but he was a failure as a prop.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 am

biltongbek wrote:He is decent, not as physical as some others, but he is still quite young, he played 4 tests for the Boks.

Decent signing.

i am surprised he decided to go though, he just made inroads into the Soringbok team, so that will reduce his chances significantly.

Home away from home. Wink

Just need a 13(cheeky I know but could we pinch Daly off Wasps?), need a decent prop or two now then I'll be happy.

Glad you guys think he's good though.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down