The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters That Come Across Well

+3
OasisBFC
Rowley
AlexHuckerby
7 posters

Go down

Fighters That Come Across Well Empty Fighters That Come Across Well

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 01 Apr 2011, 9:29 am

With the recent outbreak of Boxers saying annoying things (Pascal - Hopkins) I was just wondering, is there many boxers that actually come across really well, or aren't boring? Because obviously you could say Pacqiaou is humble and comes across well, but it's a bit boring. I remember seeing moseley actually having to goad him into say that he wants to knock him out! I mean come on that's what you're paid to do!!!

And of course there's the other end of the spectrum, some people like it, I do in patches, like personally I quite like Haye, although many people disagree with me and though he is cocky and makes big comments I kinda like it, i think he has a bit of wit about him, opposed to guys like Degale who to me personally just plain out annoys me with his childish comments to Groves - Ginger, ugly, your breath stinks - What is the point?

I mean I love boxing and I know that their job is in the ring not out of it, but wondering what guys do you actually think come across in a good light? i.e Don't play it safe and try and come across as humble or do a Mayorga and start shouting about all this and that? My personal favourite is Ricky Hatton a bit of passion in there - when I watch the pre-fight antics to the fight with Mayweather he gets me proper fired up. (Yes I know he got hammered by the way before you start)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Fighters That Come Across Well Empty Re: Fighters That Come Across Well

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2011, 9:35 am

Both K Boys, Mosley, Bradley, latter day Froch, Cotto all conduct themselves fairly well in interviews. Not sure any of them are really keen on the pre-fight nonsense some of them get involved in (in particular the Cotto/Mayorga, Mosley/Mayweather handbags-at-five-paces)

Personally, I'd like to see either Wlad or Vitali lose it. I think Wlad would be a spluttering stuttering tear filledwreck whilst Vitali would have the same frothing at the mouth, bug eyed stare as your average drug addled mad dog spree killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 01 Apr 2011, 9:48 am

In reverence to the gone but not forgotten Ralphy would have to say the telford tornado Richie woodhall came across well. Remember when he got a controversial win over Catley, Richie admitted he was fortunate to get the nod, not too many fighters tend to do this

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2011, 9:59 am

rowley wrote:In reverence to the gone but not forgotten Ralphy would have to say the telford tornado Richie woodhall came across well. Remember when he got a controversial win over Catley, Richie admitted he was fortunate to get the nod, not too many fighters tend to do this
Would have to say that if were talking about crushing honesty then after a pretty dire comeback fight, Gary Lockett's suggestion that he may as well retire if that's the best he could come up with, beats Richie hands down.

As for nice guys, always thought Richard Willilams conducted himself well along with Alex Arthur. Always pleasant and seemed to have time for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 01 Apr 2011, 2:24 pm

Nathan Cleverly is always a nice guy - hes obviously intelligent, but for someone who has been fast tracked to a title through his huge talent he is never cocky or arrogant.

degale take note.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 01 Apr 2011, 4:11 pm

For a sport that's usually filled with arrogant hardnuts and sometimes nasty pieces of work it's a breath of fresh air that some of them are actually nice!

Lou Savarese always seemed a good guy and kept himself in good condition. Joe Mesi was quite pleasant from what I saw of him. Enzo Maccarinelli is a nice bloke (leave the sport please!) and how can we ever forget Mr Frank Bruno - always respectful and often joked around with the press.

Henry Wharton didn't seem too bad and Spencer Oliver is another worth mentioning.

It's worth noting that most boxers are not the sharpest tools in the box when it comes to academia, but many are managed extremely well, and a bit of the "gift of the gab" coupled with decent talent makes for a very marketable prospect!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:51 am

Ricky Burns is a really nice guy. Very humble and polite. Never gets involved in the trash talking just lets it pass him by.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 03 Apr 2011, 11:57 am

Ricky Hatton always seemed a pretty nice guy, probably part of the reason he had such a large following. Froch seems to come across as someone who's very down to earth with quite a dry wit. Anthony Small is also someone who I think is severely misunderstood and oft-maligned. No...wait. Sorry, got mixed up there. I think he's a kumquat.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:06 pm

I can't go Chisora and Fury just talk to much and they aint even funny. Couldn't believe he was going to get a chance at a world title. Fury talks a lot but he is just a fat domestic/european level fighter at best. He should go and lose a few stone and act like a professional.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sun 03 Apr 2011, 2:28 pm

Carl Froch is down to earth and he also backs up what he says by consistently taking on the best competition.

Would have to say Kessler always seems like a nice bloke as well; as does Shane Mosley most of the time.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down