The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!)

+9
Glas a du
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gibson
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Suspicious lurker
PenfroPete
Mickado
rodders
MrsP
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!) Empty Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!)

Post by MrsP Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:41 am

As we approach the business end of the season I wanted to share a little, but amazing story with you all.

(Before sin e gets all upset, it's not about "that" sort of faith!)

Some of you may know that a lovely tradition has developed amongst some of the posters on here of meeting up for games between their teams and those of fellow posters from which many firm friendships have been cemented in "real" life.

This has been extended to culminate in a sizeable get together for the HEC Final each year. Although I have not yet managed to get to one of those "Meets", I have heard and seen enough about them to recognise what a wonderful occasion they have become. Last year the gathering included supporters of at least 12 different clubs, some of which do not even play in the HEC (yet!) and one of which do not even play in the Northern Hemisphere!

Some fans wear the jersey of their own team while others chose to become temporary/honorary fans of one of the participating teams. These gatherings have witnessed the almost unthinkable sight of Munster fans in Leinster jerseys amongst other amazing shows of support for the "other side".

Mostly they have been about enjoying time and rugby in the company of fellow supporters, catching up with old friends and meeting others who will become friends for life. Just great occasions.

Last year the mob had such a fantastic time that 4 of the attendees could not wait to repeat the process and so decided to acquire tickets for this year's final immediately after the get together. Now bear in mind, this was before the groups had even been drawn, let alone a match played. They just decided that they would travel in hope and, if their team didn't make it, they would have a fantastic time supporting the team of their more fortunate friends.

So, 4 Auld Fellas booked their tickets and looked forward to more "craic" the following year while hoping they would get to wear the jersey of their "own" team this time.

The perperators were Gibson, Mick(TEFC), Rava and Asbo!

For those less familiar this these reprobates they support Leinster, ASM, Ulster and (although primarily Exeter and Glasgow) Edinburgh!

So, three questions for the masses.

(1) Who needed the most faith to book their tickets 11 months ago?

(2) Who will get to wear their own jersey at the game in Twickenham?

(3) Whose supporters should get their booking in for next years final?

For me it has to be the first ever all Irish Final!

SUFTUM!!!

Last edited by MrsP on Wed 02 May 2012, 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!) Empty Re: Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!)

Post by rodders Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:54 am

(1) Asbo!
(2) Mick and Rava (sorry Gibson Hug !)
(3) Leinster, Munster, Harlequins, Clermont, Ulster, Saracens, Toulouse, Leicester guinness .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!) Empty Re: Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!)

Post by Mickado Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:56 am

Ha, i knew all of that but it never occured to me that the 4 lads had teams in the Semi final!

To answer your questions though.

1) Surely Edinburgh is the biggest shock, but As lives in London so i'm not sure he had faith, he just wanted a session. With that in mind, Rav had the most faith.

2) Rav and Mick the chef will be wearing their jerseys. Gibbo will be in an Ulster kit too i'd say.

3) Leinster fans will book out Lansdowne next year, we're going to feel like we should have won this one and the final is in our gaff next year.

Top post MrsP!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 19 Apr 2012, 12:01 pm

MrsP -

1- out of the 4 I'd say Rava, but sure they were all booking tickets just for the craic Ale We bought ours last June too. No faith required, it's not as if the O's are going to make it Rolling Eyes
Been to the last 4 finals - Cardiff, Edinburgh, Paris and Cardiff, meeting up with 'Pub goers' at the last 3( I was the host for Cardiff) Cool

2 -Mick and Rava should get to wear their shirts I think (Sorry Gibbo and ASBO)
If ASM make the final I will be wearing my ASM shirt (bought in 2005 when The Count / Wellies was playing for them and I started to suport them). If they don't, it will be a Cardiff Sarries shirt and a Leinster scarf - to support my 'brother from a different mother' (GIBBO - Hug )

3 - ASM thumbsup
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 19 Apr 2012, 12:01 pm

Mick, sladerous comment.

Are you seriously trying suggest that asbo was only going for a session?? An upstanding member of society like him. Never!!!!
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 1:44 pm

Mickado wrote:Ha, i knew all of that but it never occured to me that the 4 lads had teams in the Semi final!

1) Surely Edinburgh is the biggest shock, but As lives in London so i'm not sure he had faith, he just wanted a session. With that in mind, Rav had the most faith.

2) Rav and Mick the chef will be wearing their jerseys. Gibbo will be in an Ulster kit too i'd say.

3) Leinster fans will book out Lansdowne next year, we're going to feel like we should have won this one and the final is in our gaff next year.

Top post MrsP!
Rumbled, tis a fair cop! Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

hughie1986 wrote:Mick, sladerous comment.

Are you seriously trying suggest that asbo was only going for a session?? An upstanding member of society like him. Never!!!!
Erm, quite, yeah, what hughie said, good name in the gutter ... Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:09 pm

1. As and Rava.
2. I will be mostly wearing the same jersey I wear every year now... Tedious I know, but it's Tradition now. It would be great if Ulster could join us. Or Edinburgh. Dont mind. zen
3. Leinster and ASM. Both moving away from a chasing pack. Depends on the draw - as always.

Grand post MrsP. Its weird eh?

Whoever makes it, its going to be another blast of drrink, colour and craic. All roads lead to Asbo's.

Be nice to see a few more club colours represented.

Come on Down to de HC Pub! OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:23 pm

Mickado wrote:Ha, i knew all of that but it never occured to me that the 4 lads had teams in the Semi final!

Top post MrsP!

Especially after we do! Don't get the negativity from Leinster fans, Clermont are the toughest team left in the competition bar us, but are far from unbeatable. Believe!

I will be going to Twickers ONLY if we win in Bordeaux. But as I live within walking distance of the stadium for 2013 I will be going no matter who is there. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:08 pm

If only I'd have ordered a ticket, the Scarlets would have made it five in the semi finals.

Doh

Ospreys v Scarlets final.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:11 pm

Glas a du wrote:If only I'd have ordered a ticket, the Scarlets would have made it five in the semi finals.
aye, right enough, Glas, that's where you went wrong for sure! Wink. Next year, my friend

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:17 pm

Nah, I still won't have learnt my lesson. I will keep my cash in my pocket. thumbsup

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:20 pm

C'mon, man, next year a Scarlets vs Exe final (and I didn't even use the word Llanelli to yank your chain) - you, me, Shovey, Carpe, Dub and a stadium full of disconsolate Irish folks - what could be better? Wink

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:34 pm

Sold!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:40 pm

Oooh Scarlets v Exe. Wouldnt that be grand. Id have to support both teams. Love them both - for different reasons. In de Amlin Final.

Yeah, dem Paddies are having it too much of their own way these days...

Its tough at the Top like.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:43 pm

I think this thread should have been entitled 'The 4 Wise Men'

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:52 pm

Laugh

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:54 pm

Just for you Asbo!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:55 pm

I don't care what everyone else says, you da best! heart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:58 pm

Hang on, you've put 'old' in there ... I take it all back furious

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:00 pm

Shocked

I'm not sure how that happened Asbo!

It must have been those meddling mods again!

Whistle

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:00 pm

Perhaps it should be the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse! (silly old farts)

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:03 pm

Well, at least we can agree on part of that.

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:09 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Top post MrsP!

Especially after we do! Don't get the negativity from Leinster fans, Clermont are the toughest team left in the competition bar us, but are far from unbeatable. Believe!

I will be going to Twickers ONLY if we win in Bordeaux. But as I live within walking distance of the stadium for 2013 I will be going no matter who is there. Smile

So true Jen. Cant understand the fear and negativity at all. Its the toughest draw possible - and away at that. They have said they want it bad and are ready and up for it. They are 10 times richer, and have class all over the field. But, we've nowt to fear from them. I reckon we will hand them a lesson. And their French orses. Never mind beat them. A high-tempo game they wont be able to handle - should do the trick. They like to bulldoze teams into submission. They cant do that if we are running them dizzy.

As yer online-attorney, Id advise you to book that Twickers ticket man. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:23 pm

Your semi will be known as Wagga's Revenge - trust me, for I have seen the future OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm

I can see the headline/s now...

Leinster - A Thorn in Clermont's side.

ASM Get The Blues in Bordeaux.

BOD Sublime Like A Fine Haut-Medoc

Sexton Shows The Way To Twickers

Maginot-Line Breached Again By Unstoppable Force

Blue-Magic Humbles Crestfallen Clermont

Nacewa Rides Roughshod Over ASM's Centraal Massief

Yada feicin yada...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:36 pm

You should've been in the meedja, Gib, yo is wasted in IT!Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:51 pm

Man As, I wish I was wasted in IT. Just missed out on a Dutch contract. Bu88er!

Maybe I should apply to the Sunday Sport? I could comment on the jubblies pages. Job satisfaction guaranteed.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:55 pm

Gibbo that's brilliant, keep em coming
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:02 pm

You do realise that you are kinda dispelling the mystique of your decision to buy the tickets lads.

You are quickly convincing everyone that there was nout more to it than the incoherent ramblings of 4 aul codgers!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:04 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Perhaps it should be the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse! (silly old farts)

Is there a prayer meeting in the Weighing room beforehand?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:06 pm

Laugh
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:15 pm

After a shoite day, this has put a big Smile on me face, just gutted a can't make the final with you four old codgers Wink

kiss
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:42 pm

Glad it cheered you up Ozzy!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:50 pm

MrsP wrote:You do realise that you are kinda dispelling the mystique of your decision to buy the tickets lads.

You are quickly convincing everyone that there was nout more to it than the incoherent ramblings of 4 aul codgers!

Very Happy

They need even more convincing?

4 Old Farts Blow An Ill Wind At Twickers. Lock up yer Mudders. And their Mudders. In fact, lock everything up - especially the drinks-cabinet.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:57 pm

Gibson wrote:
MrsP wrote:You do realise that you are kinda dispelling the mystique of your decision to buy the tickets lads.

Very Happy

They need even more convincing?

4 Old Farts Blow An Ill Wind At Twickers. Lock up yer Mudders. And their Mudders. In fact, lock everything up - especially the drinks-cabinet.

Gibbo you leave my mother out of this, I've seen you linger at her before
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:55 pm

Its her lovely mate Im after Hugs. Thats an old ploy that normally works with Maryfield Gals. Well it did in the 70's like. zen

Your Mother is a babe though Hugmeister. In all fairness. Just dont tell yer Da I said that. He's too big for me and Im not as fast at daul runnin away craic as I used to be. Gorgeous man too. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 20 Apr 2012, 7:13 am

Gibson wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Top post MrsP!

So true Jen. Cant understand the fear and negativity at all. Its the toughest draw possible - and away at that. They have said they want it bad and are ready and up for it. They are 10 times richer, and have class all over the field. But, we've nowt to fear from them. I reckon we will hand them a lesson. And their French orses. Never mind beat them. A high-tempo game they wont be able to handle - should do the trick. They like to bulldoze teams into submission. They cant do that if we are running them dizzy.

As yer online-attorney, Id advise you to book that Twickers ticket man. guinness

Lads please understand, I cut my sporting teeth as a dubs fan, it has a massive subconscious effect on how I prepare myself mentally for watching my team. Ergo, I'm usually more terrified that we'll lose than I am excited for the game itself. It's a defense mechanism. It's all the sweeter if / when we win.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri 20 Apr 2012, 7:38 am

Well gibbo she is recently single so you never know what might happen
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 20 Apr 2012, 2:08 pm

Only just seeing this now. Not sure I like being referred to as "Auld" but what the heck.

For anyone listening in, last year was one of the highlights of my rugby involvement in many many years. The decision to purchase tickets didn't take much discussion by the way.

Rava - What about next year Chef?

Chef - I'll get the tickets on Monday.

To answer the questions, I'd say

1) Asbo Wink
2) Mick Chef and myself (SUFTU). (Sorry Gibbo - I'll console you though Hug )
3) Leinster and ASM
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 20 Apr 2012, 4:45 pm

Rava,

It was a term of endearment, but you knew that!

Hug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 20 Apr 2012, 4:46 pm

MrsP wrote:Rava,

It was a term of endearment, but you knew that!

Hug
Oh, he's just being precious, MrsP, the wee jessie! You in yer usual box at Ravenhill this weekend?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 20 Apr 2012, 5:20 pm

Unfortunately I might have timed my change to the article title very badly and upset the provider of the box!

Looks like I'm in the rain behind the sticks!

Sad

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sat 21 Apr 2012, 8:05 am

Gibson wrote:I can see the headline/s now...

IN HINES SIGHT LEINSTER SHOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN RID OF NATHAN

Yada feicin yada...
[/quote]
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat 21 Apr 2012, 9:42 am

Hoog wrote:
Gibson wrote:I can see the headline/s now...

IN HINES SIGHT LEINSTER SHOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN RID OF NATHAN

Yada feicin yada...
[/quote]

Don't you just know it, buddy, I said to you and Mickado a year ago it would be a mistake to let him go - Wagga feicin Wagga!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 02 May 2012, 5:45 pm

Well, no-one seems to have called the line-up for the final correctly.

Except me of course!

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 02 May 2012, 6:03 pm

Hines should have given us a free one!!!!!!! ... Whistle year, that is - not the business down on the quays.................... just shut it, Fly.

But I wish he was still with us...if only for him. He wanted to stay, he needed a better contract and I felt sorry for him in the aftermath of that game. He gave Leinster his all.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 02 May 2012, 7:12 pm

MrsP wrote:Well, no-one seems to have called the line-up for the final correctly.

Except me of course!

Whistle

Skuse me?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 02 May 2012, 7:21 pm

Gibson wrote:1. As and Rava.
2. I will be mostly wearing the same jersey I wear every year now... Tedious I know, but it's Tradition now. It would be great if Ulster could join us. Or Edinburgh. Dont mind. zen
3. Leinster and ASM. Both moving away from a chasing pack. Depends on the draw - as always.

Grand post MrsP. Its weird eh?

Whoever makes it, its going to be another blast of drrink, colour and craic. All roads lead to Asbo's.

Be nice to see a few more club colours represented.

Come on Down to de HC Pub! OK

You got one half right buddy. Not the same half as everyone else mind but you always were a "path less travelled" kind of a guy!

That's just another way of saying you are odd like, but I know you will never be able to read this unless you borrow Mo's specs!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 02 May 2012, 7:33 pm

I CAN bloody read it woman. kiss
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next