The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!)

+9
Glas a du
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gibson
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Suspicious lurker
PenfroPete
Mickado
rodders
MrsP
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!) - Page 2 Empty Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!)

Post by MrsP Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:41 am

First topic message reminder :

As we approach the business end of the season I wanted to share a little, but amazing story with you all.

(Before sin e gets all upset, it's not about "that" sort of faith!)

Some of you may know that a lovely tradition has developed amongst some of the posters on here of meeting up for games between their teams and those of fellow posters from which many firm friendships have been cemented in "real" life.

This has been extended to culminate in a sizeable get together for the HEC Final each year. Although I have not yet managed to get to one of those "Meets", I have heard and seen enough about them to recognise what a wonderful occasion they have become. Last year the gathering included supporters of at least 12 different clubs, some of which do not even play in the HEC (yet!) and one of which do not even play in the Northern Hemisphere!

Some fans wear the jersey of their own team while others chose to become temporary/honorary fans of one of the participating teams. These gatherings have witnessed the almost unthinkable sight of Munster fans in Leinster jerseys amongst other amazing shows of support for the "other side".

Mostly they have been about enjoying time and rugby in the company of fellow supporters, catching up with old friends and meeting others who will become friends for life. Just great occasions.

Last year the mob had such a fantastic time that 4 of the attendees could not wait to repeat the process and so decided to acquire tickets for this year's final immediately after the get together. Now bear in mind, this was before the groups had even been drawn, let alone a match played. They just decided that they would travel in hope and, if their team didn't make it, they would have a fantastic time supporting the team of their more fortunate friends.

So, 4 Auld Fellas booked their tickets and looked forward to more "craic" the following year while hoping they would get to wear the jersey of their "own" team this time.

The perperators were Gibson, Mick(TEFC), Rava and Asbo!

For those less familiar this these reprobates they support Leinster, ASM, Ulster and (although primarily Exeter and Glasgow) Edinburgh!

So, three questions for the masses.

(1) Who needed the most faith to book their tickets 11 months ago?

(2) Who will get to wear their own jersey at the game in Twickenham?

(3) Whose supporters should get their booking in for next years final?

For me it has to be the first ever all Irish Final!

SUFTUM!!!

Last edited by MrsP on Wed 02 May 2012, 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!)

Post by MrsP Wed 02 May 2012, 7:36 pm

How much did you have to enlarge the screen then?

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!)

Post by Gibson Wed 02 May 2012, 8:02 pm

Cut and paste into Word x 200% = sorted.

Thank you for asking.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 02 May 2012, 8:05 pm

Laugh

That's a laughing smilie! Okay?

Very Happy

Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 02 May 2012, 8:16 pm

WHAT?

Cant hear ya woman!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 02 May 2012, 9:12 pm

Deaf as well as stupid I see!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 02 May 2012, 9:20 pm

One of them's losing it. His thigh just phoned me.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 02 May 2012, 9:32 pm

Well, no names mentioned but I am not a him and my thigh doesn't even own a mobile so....

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 02 May 2012, 9:36 pm

I hope it was his thigh.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 02 May 2012, 11:14 pm

Glas a du wrote:I hope it was his thigh.
It wasnt his thigh, I was next to that Whistle

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 02 May 2012, 11:16 pm

Shouldn't we have a parallel thread, this one is a little ageist for my taste? How about the 5 young bollix? I nominate Hoog to get things started Keeping the faith! (The 4 "Wise" old men!) - Page 2 1347041234

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2