The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaign to get Shane Williams out of retirement.

+8
Shifty
damngoodOvalball
wales606
Coleman
Seagultaf
Cari
Barney McGrew did it
idris
12 posters

Go down

Campaign to get Shane Williams out of retirement. Empty Campaign to get Shane Williams out of retirement.

Post by idris Fri 20 Apr 2012, 9:00 pm

He still has it. What a try! and what a conversion! Does anyone remember he used to take the kicks for Neath?

idris

Back to top Go down

Campaign to get Shane Williams out of retirement. Empty Re: Campaign to get Shane Williams out of retirement.

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 20 Apr 2012, 9:04 pm

who?
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Campaign to get Shane Williams out of retirement. Empty Re: Campaign to get Shane Williams out of retirement.

Post by idris Fri 20 Apr 2012, 9:06 pm

He used to play for the team that just won the grand slam. They're so good now they don't even need Shane.

idris

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 21 Apr 2012, 8:33 am

Idris - I have to disagree, although I understand your sentiment. I don't think Shane should come out of retirement. That's what he's decided to do, and that's up to him. He's obviously not going to be as into it as much as he once was and wants to finish now whilst he's still at the height of his ability. Besides, Wales don't need him. There's a few players coming up through the ranks who could play at 11 and make that spot their own. Give them a few years and you never know there could be another Shane Williams in the making. I respect Shane for making his decision to retire now, and wish him all the best with whatever he does next (I read somewhere he's invested in a dairy...)

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sat 21 Apr 2012, 9:25 am

Shane has been a fantastic player but I thought he looked pretty ordinary tonight, as he has done all season, he has chosen the right time to retire. Great finish for his try though, did look a tad stage managed though!.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 21 Apr 2012, 9:29 am

He owes Amman Untd a season from what I’ve heard from interviews and the like. Big fan of players getting back to their beginnings and giving back to the clubs that developed them.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:29 am

Seagultaf wrote:Shane has been a fantastic player but I thought he looked pretty ordinary tonight, as he has done all season, he has chosen the right time to retire. Great finish for his try though, did look a tad stage managed though!.

Faletau did look a bit disinterested in Shane and crabbed across too much, a bit conveniently.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:31 am

Finally Idris, after many, many attempts you have managed to write something amusing

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 21 Apr 2012, 1:28 pm

Seagultaf wrote: Great finish for his try though, did look a tad stage managed though!.

Definitely. I think they'd have been playing all night until Shane scored! He wasn't really challenged by anyone else either. It was like the Oz game.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:38 pm

Cari wrote:
Seagultaf wrote: Great finish for his try though, did look a tad stage managed though!.

Definitely. I think they'd have been playing all night until Shane scored! He wasn't really challenged by anyone else either. It was like the Oz game.

Well in the Aus game he did step out of a tackle and step the FB - no dragons players made an effort to stop him.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:39 pm

Ha very true Wales. Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:41 pm

He's 34 and has made a career out of being a fast, agile winger, sadly he isn't fast or agile anymore, and more to the point the Ospreys have quite a few young guys who need games!

You might as well start a campaign to get Gareth Edwards out of retirement too! Whistle

Last edited by AlynDavies on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:42 pm

AlynDavies wrote:He's 34 and has made a career out of being a fast, agile winger, sadly he isn't fast or agile anymore, and more to the point the Ospreys have quite a few young guys who need games!

What, Eli Walker vomit drumroll
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

wales606 wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:He's 34 and has made a career out of being a fast, agile winger, sadly he isn't fast or agile anymore, and more to the point the Ospreys have quite a few young guys who need games!

Actually No I'd like to see

15 Ross Jones
14 Hanno Dirksen
11 Luke Morgan

Next season. Yahoo
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 21 Apr 2012, 7:30 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
wales606 wrote:

15 Ross Jones
14 Hanno Dirksen
11 Luke Morgan

Next season. Yahoo

But what about Fussell, you can't leave out Fussell, he is so good... Cool
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 21 Apr 2012, 8:00 pm

wales606 wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:
wales606 wrote:

15 Ross Jones
14 Hanno Dirksen
11 Luke Morgan

Next season. Yahoo

Anything is better than Walker Shocked ...anything

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 21 Apr 2012, 8:37 pm

gowales wrote:
wales606 wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:
wales606 wrote:

15 Ross Jones
14 Hanno Dirksen
11 Luke Morgan

Next season. Yahoo

Anything is better than Walker Shocked ...anything

Very true, but im sure Swansea, Bridgend or Neath must have a better option than either.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 22 Apr 2012, 10:50 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01bgr2p/Shane/

LEGEND

notworthy Wales guinness clap
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sun 22 Apr 2012, 12:32 pm

I really hope Shane doesn't come out of retirement. It almost always goes wrong and you could probably have a thread on players who went on one season too long. I'd mention Tindall as a recent example...

(Martyn Williams was one who did it, but he was exceptional in many ways)

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 22 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
wales606 wrote:

15 Ross Jones
14 Hanno Dirksen
11 Luke Morgan

Next season. Yahoo

Give the lad time. I'd have Eli over K Phillips next season.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down