The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Couple Of Interesting Stories Coming Out Today .....

2 posters

Go down

A Couple Of Interesting Stories Coming Out Today ..... Empty A Couple Of Interesting Stories Coming Out Today .....

Post by Grahame1971 Fri 01 Apr 2011, 1:27 pm

Just a couple of stories that have broken today that have caught my eye -

Paddy Brennan quits as stable jockey for Nigel Twiston-Davies.
At first glance, this story looks like a reasonably amicable parting of the waves, however i can't get away from thinking that possibly the elevation of Sam Twiston-Davies and the likely further opportunities to be given to Willie Twiston-Davies may have forced Paddy Brennan's hand somewhat. The latter part of this season certainly hasn't gone to plan for the yard, and now Brennan it would appear is going down the unnattached route although he will of course continue to ride the majority of Tom Georges string.

JP McManus Buys Bluesea Cracker
Last years Irish National winner has been purchased by JP McManus just a week before the big one at Aintree. An interesting one really, as i'm sure the cost would have been a little inflated being so close to the National (not that JP would be too bothered). She won last years Irish National nicely enough and obviously improves JP's hand in the race but does this mare have any better chance than Don't Push It or Can't Buy Time ? With Synchronised also a possible runner if the rain comes and Arbour Supreme in with a chance of making the race, JP could be five handed.

I don't think either of these are April fools !!! Whistle

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

A Couple Of Interesting Stories Coming Out Today ..... Empty Re: A Couple Of Interesting Stories Coming Out Today .....

Post by Solerina Fri 01 Apr 2011, 1:31 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:

I don't think either of these are April fools !!! Whistle

LOL......that's what I thought they were going to be when I saw your thread.

Not surprised to hear about Paddy Brennan.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down