The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rumour Mill .......................................... Revisited

+8
Pal Joey
blackcanelion
thehullwhitestar
chewed_mintie
The Beast
George Hotel1895
Luke
Kenny
12 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Rumour Mill .......................................... Revisited - Page 3 Empty The Rumour Mill .......................................... Revisited

Post by Kenny Sat 21 Apr 2012, 1:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

With the date that clubs can officially talk to players approaching the rumour mill on signings is in full swing .

So if you have heard of any rumoured signings post them on here .

Last edited by Kenny on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Rumour Mill .......................................... Revisited - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rumour Mill .......................................... Revisited

Post by thehullwhitestar Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:16 am

Kyle Amor is the latest credible addition to the 8/9 new signings that Hull FC will announce on Sep 4th. Looking like something along the lines of

Ellis
Arundel
Crookes
Holdsworth
Chase (vias permitting)
Amor
nrl prop
Whitehead or Bateman (Tickle to Widnes)
new fullback (possibly McDonnel)

Very very promising form a Hull FC prospective !

thehullwhitestar

Back to top Go down

The Rumour Mill .......................................... Revisited - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rumour Mill .......................................... Revisited

Post by Luke Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:12 pm

Amor would be a very good signing as the Leeds fans I know rate him. Heard that the Crookes deal is on, but I thought you were going to be moving Horne to Full back? Also you seem ato be signing a big pack, does this mean your going back to the old forward dominating style.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

thehullwhitestar wrote:Kyle Amor is the latest credible addition to the 8/9 new signings that Hull FC will announce on Sep 4th. Looking like something along the lines of

Ellis
Arundel
Crookes
Holdsworth
Chase (vias permitting)
Amor
nrl prop
Whitehead or Bateman (Tickle to Widnes)
new fullback (possibly McDonnel)

Very very promising form a Hull FC prospective !

From what i have heard the highlighted deals are done , plus your new full back is suppose to be Brett Kearney from Bradford
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:16 pm

Hull FC are thought to be after Huddersfield forward Eorl Crabtree, and are also thought to have pulled out Chase joining.

Wakefield are believed to be close to bringing forward Keith Mason back to the club from Huddersfield.
They are also thought to be after Hull FC back Reece Lyne.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:07 pm

Mick Potter says (well his agent said) that if he was given the Warriors coaching job, he could start next Monday.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 29 Aug 2012, 9:40 am

tigerrobins wrote:Hull FC are thought to be after Huddersfield forward Eorl Crabtree, and are also thought to have pulled out Chase joining.

Wakefield are believed to be close to bringing forward Keith Mason back to the club from Huddersfield.
They are also thought to be after Hull FC back Reece Lyne.

Saw Eorl Crabtree at Station Hotel in Hull on monday .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 29 Aug 2012, 3:45 pm

Did you Kenny? I didn't think that there would anything in it, as he's a Huddersfield lad who has played all his career (300+ games) there, I wasn't sure weather he'd have wanted to leave, but know you Said that?
All though The Amor signing is complicated from what I've heard, as at the moment both Leeds & Wakefield hold his registration (not sure how that works). The Chase deal, I think is dead because of the same problems as last time.

Apparently with Huddersfield looking like losing both Crabtree & Mason, they are the latest side to be linked with Hull KR's Scott Taylor.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 29 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

I would be sad to see Taylor leave but at the present time he doesn't look interested in playing for Rovers so i would get rid .

Dont know if there is anything in Crabtree being in Hull ? i have seen him a few times around the station ( he's hard to miss) , i would be a little surprised if Hull did sign him though just because of his age .

Spoke to my mate in the know and he has said Hull will announce 8 new signings on the 4th September , he is a Hull fan and he said he isn't happy about it though as the feeling is the local lads wont get a look in plus given the money being spent it's been said they have to win a trophy next season .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:03 pm

It does seem an excessive number, especially given that they bought in a fair few last season as well, and agree about the local lads (though this could be to Rovers favour), when I posted the Niklas signing, I kept thinking why had he agreed a new deal.
A friend of mine a Hull fan (I put it down to him being dropped at birth Very Happy ). He's very unhappy with the club at the moment, the constant changing of the side every year, the moving of home games back to Friday (he lives & works in Manchester, so can only make Wigan, Saints Warrington Widnes & Salford away on Fridays), also the news of the u19's
thing. Though as he said, what happens next year if they don't win anything, same again spend big or what?
Kenny, what do you think of the u19's situation at the clubs?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 29 Aug 2012, 10:35 pm

Do you mean this joint Academy thing ?

I think that it just couldn't work , i mean how do you decide which player goes to which club if they do make the step up to first team level ?

Rovers should be investing in home grown talent not sharing them with FC , what happens if the ' next big thing ' is uncovered is then down to the highest contract offered between the 2 clubs
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 30 Aug 2012, 4:31 am

Agree with that Kenny. I don't understand why Rovers have agreed to this venture. And have a bad feeling that this could lead to either all out war, or an integration between the 2.
Rovers should be able to get a better hold on the youngsters as Hull seem intent on spending rather than producing. We don't have a bad system in place at the moment, and look like we have a few decent youngsters, why we are changing this I really don't understand.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 30 Aug 2012, 4:25 pm

Love a good conspiracy theory

Rumour going round about Shannon McDonnell regarding his move from HULLKR to HULL FC well his Dad is a coach at West Tigers and worked with Peter Gentle who actually coached McDonnell when he was younger .... well the rumour is that they wanted to sign him for this season but had already signed Wade McKinnon so they came up with the idea for him to sign for KR on only a one year deal so he could then join FC next season when a space became available .

You have to love Rugby in Hull Laugh Rumour after Rumour
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by thehullwhitestar Fri 31 Aug 2012, 7:59 pm

Bateman AND Whitehead could be coming to the KC !!!

WOW ! WOW ! WOW !

thehullwhitestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:08 am

Hull FC are thought to be trying to hijack Salford center Joel Moon's proposed move to Cronulla.

Salford are believed to be close to signing St Helens forward Andrew Dixon. They are also believed to be after Warrington forward Matty Blythe, and Bradford's Micheal Platt.

St Helens are thought to be after young Batley forward Alex Walmsley.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

HULL FC are the club who have approached Kopczak of BRADFORD BULLS
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:39 am

Salford are being linked with David Solomona of Warrington.

Huddersfield are being linked with Bradford's Luke Gale.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

WIGAN

Have offered HULL KR over £100,000 for Scott Taylor , considering he will be going into his last year of his contract and so far hasn't shown any signs of signing a new contract i would snap their hands off .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 17 Sep 2012, 3:46 pm

Kenny wrote:WIGAN

Have offered HULL KR over £100,000 for Scott Taylor , considering he will be going into his last year of his contract and so far hasn't shown any signs of signing a new contract i would snap their hands off .

Just an update on this , the 'fee' is initially around £70,000 rising dependent on appearances and on Wigan's success with Taylor in the team that could go upto £120,000 im told
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:53 pm

Kenny wrote:WIGAN

In your opinion is he worth that sort of money?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:32 pm

He has bags of potential , and i would rather he stayed if he would sign a new contract . But i have heard his head has been filled with him being alot better then he is and that he is worth more then Rovers are offering by his agent .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 18 Sep 2012, 3:09 am

Hull KR are being strongly linked with Sheffield winger Vinny Finiigan (no me neither), after he's been tweeting that he's going to sign for them.

London are believed to be close to signing Tommy Lee ( who's also being linked with Hull KR & Halifax), from Huddersfield, and re signing Will Sharp from Hull FC.

Wakefield are believed to be after Leeds forward Ian Kirke, and Hull KR's Scott Murrell
( who's also being strongly linked with Featherstone along with Wakefield's Andy Ellis).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 18 Sep 2012, 3:28 pm

If its the same Vinny Finigan which i would think it is he started out at Bradford Bulls , saw him play against Rovers academy in 2010-2011 he scored 2 tries , rumour going about that Wigan have now offered cash plus player deal for Scott Taylor to try and rush deal through players mentioned Mossop Tuscon and more probably Goulding on loan
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 19 Sep 2012, 3:47 am

Goulding's a center isn't he? Where we already have Salter, Welham, Gleeson, Hall to name a few, so not sure why we'd want him. Don't know anything about Tucson, if I was Rovers take the cash.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Wed 19 Sep 2012, 8:21 am

I cant see Goulding moving as he has been playing well in the Wigan first team, and with Carmont leaving they will need him more than ever

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:32 am

I didn't understand the Goulding link either ?

Tuscon has said on twitter he wants to stay on at Wigan for the remainder of his contract ( 1 year ) and try and earn a new deal .

Mossop is a big lad but im not sure he's any better then the young lads we already have at the club .

I would take a straight cash deal .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:33 am

HUDDERSFIELD

Tommy Lee and Adam Walker have turned new contract offers and are looking for new clubs
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:36 am

HUDDERSFIELD

Release Scott Moore , David Fa'alogo and Ross Peltier .

with Lee going aswell The Giants are looking very short at hooker and in the halfs especially if the rumour about Luke Robinson going to Widnes is true
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 20 Sep 2012, 8:53 am

Another being looked at for the Auckland warriors coachin job is former HKR coach Justin Morgan.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:13 pm

Where does this leave Scott Moore now? 2 clubs last year and neither wanted to keep him longer than 4 months!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 20 Sep 2012, 3:02 pm

davidl1061 wrote:Where does this leave Scott Moore now? 2 clubs last year and neither wanted to keep him longer than 4 months!

Apparently North Queensland Cowboys are after him, he's Francys moving down to Australia and has got an agent down there.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 20 Sep 2012, 4:44 pm

tigerrobins wrote:
davidl1061 wrote:Where does this leave Scott Moore now? 2 clubs last year and neither wanted to keep him longer than 4 months!

Apparently North Queensland Cowboys are after him, he's Francys moving down to Australia and has got an agent down there.

I have heard that rumour aswell , but can't imagine why they would want him
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 28 Sep 2012, 4:08 pm

HULL KR

Have inquired about the availability of Matty Russell from Wigan as part of any deal taking Scott Taylor the other way
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 01 Oct 2012, 5:10 pm

Canberra forward Trever Thurling is believed to be mulling over a contract offer from Wakefield.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:12 am

HULL FC

Have officially ended their intrest in Rangi Chase , so he should sign for them in the next few weeks Whistle
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:20 pm

Are you a big fan of Rangi?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

He's a good player but i think he should win more games for his team then he does , its alright being this maverick who can provide that moment of magic but he doesn't do the simple things well imo
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:46 pm

I know those sort of players who appear lazy at times; other times they are unbeatable. It's an ego thing.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:08 am

LEEDS

Are looking at turning Shaun Lunts loan into a permanent transfer
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:01 pm

Talks still ongoing between HULL KR and WIGAN over the transfer of Scott Taylor , money side of things agreed it is which player/players will come to Rovers aswell
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:45 pm

Widnes are thought to be after Stefan Marsh & Joe Mellor who were both on loan there last season. Following there release from Wigan.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Oct 2012, 5:09 pm

Apparently Steve McNamarra is to choose between Gareth Ellis , Shaun O'Loughlin and Kevin Sinfield as to who will take over the England captaincy .

Imo it needs to be a player who will be picked every game which O'loughlin and Sinfield haven't been .............however that isn't Sinfields fault and he should be the first name on the team sheet and captain for me
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

Castleford

Rangi Chase seems to think Cas are trying to get rid of him ( really Laugh ) but he insists he is happy to stay and that its the club who want him out , however he has said if the right deal does come about he will leave . St George Illawarra have shown intrest were as Hull FC have apparantley closed the door on any deal .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 16 Oct 2012, 5:41 pm

HULL KR

I cant get my mate to tell me who it is but Rovers have made a cash offer to another Superleague club for a young English player
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 18 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

HULL FC

Are believed to be about to offer Scott Prince a contract.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:57 pm

Rangi Chase in discussion with St George Illawarra about move , although Castleford have stated that NO transfer has been agreed
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:02 am

he's played for Saint george before.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:57 am

BRADFORD

Are in talks with St Helens winger Jamie Foster over a move to Odsal, after spending abit of last season on loan at Hull FC.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 31 Oct 2012, 9:32 am

HULL FC

Having now seen a third halfback slip through their fingers Hull FC will make a cash offer to Hull KR for Micheal Dobson
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 31 Oct 2012, 1:03 pm

Kenny wrote:HULL FC

Having now seen a third halfback slip through their fingers Hull FC will make a cash offer to Hull KR for Micheal Dobson

Who was apparently one of there 1st 2 choices, You think he'll go Kenny?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:55 pm

tigerrobins wrote:
Kenny wrote:HULL FC

Who was apparently one of there 1st 2 choices, You think he'll go Kenny?

Honestly dont know tiger , he has said he's happy at Rovers but money talks and if FC are willing to pay him considerably more then we are like with Galea and McDonnell then he might just leave . I personally hope he stays but if the offer is big enough then i wouldn't turn it down either .

I dont go along with this thing that we are now a selling club either , i think it's right that if another club offers cash for a player then it is considered and if it's right for the club then the player is sold . No player is irreplaceable there are always more coming through either in the junior ranks or from other clubs . Transfer fee's are not the norm now with players only signing short term deals so you cant blame clubs for listening to offers when said contracts are coming to an end .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next