The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+27
KiaRose
Cari
prop_lyd
Mrs Penfro
perthshirepuma
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mickado
Hound_of_Harrow
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
eirebilly
Gibson
WillyGilly
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
PenfroPete
red_stag
Biltong
MrsP
Rory_Gallagher
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Pal Joey
Glas a du
Thomond
Ozzy3213
Notch
31 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh  - Page 7 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has ventured to Edinburgh, as the team has made their first ever Heineken Cup Semi Final.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Martyn Williams, Shane Williams, Paddy Jackson, Paul O'Connell and Tim Visser.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t27886p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-belfast#1157191

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh  - Page 7 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by PenfroPete Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Lucky, nothing (much) was done to the Arms Park. The National Stadium however, is a different matter.
Wink

Kiwi, thanks for my 'response' to Penfro Laugh

The 'chariot' thing is exactly what I would have expected though.

Whistle

Hug I'll never let you down kiss
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh  - Page 7 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Glas a du Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:13 pm

C'mon Ulsuuuurrrr!

Can you do the Thomond Double?

Can all non Munsterites get behind the men in White? Pretty please?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Glas a du wrote:
Can all non Munsterites get behind the men in White? Pretty please?

Its a dangerous thing to do. You'll be supporting England in no time warning
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:23 pm

I'll be supporting Embra.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'll be supporting Embra.

That's not very nice Lucky. Rolling Eyes
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Why isn't it? I want to see a new name on the trophy. It doesn't mean I hate Ulster.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:28 pm

I’d prefer to play Munster in a Pro12 semi final than in the final.

So who should I be up for? Ulster, I think…?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'll be supporting Embra.

Spoiler:
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:33 pm

That's not Jesus.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Why isn't it? I want to see a new name on the trophy. It doesn't mean I hate Ulster.

I know that Very Happy But if Dragons were in the Semi-Final Whistle I would be supporting them just because I have friends who are supporters.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Allez les Bleus et Jaunes thumbsup

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:That's not Jesus.

Shocked

I think he's right!

Lucky, support whoever you wish.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm

I'll be happy whoever goes through, Rava. It's just that I'll be a teeny bit happier if it's Edinburgh. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Why isn't it? I want to see a new name on the trophy. It doesn't mean I hate Ulster.

I thought our win didn't count....... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:53 pm

A nice piece of scheduling in SuperXV this weekend, as Wednesday is ANZAC Day they've got Blues vs Reds (last year's NZ and Aus conference winners) and Waratahs vs Crusaders (conference runners up).

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 pm

I'll look forward to both those games Kiwi, I enjoy watching the SuperXV games on a Saturday morning.

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 pm

PS, I'm making ANZAC biscuits tonight Smile

Ingredients85g porridge oats
85g desiccated coconut
100g plain flour
100g caster sugar
100g butter , plus extra butter for greasing
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

1.Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Put the oats, coconut, flour and sugar in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the golden syrup. Add the bicarbonate of soda to 2 tbsp boiling water, then stir into the golden syrup and butter mixture.
2.Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter and golden syrup mixture. Stir gently to incorporate the dry ingredients.
3.Put dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on to buttered baking sheets, about 2.5cm/1in apart to allow room for spreading. Bake in batches for 8-10 mins until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Mrs Penfro wrote:I'll look forward to both those games Kiwi, I enjoy watching the SuperXV games on a Saturday morning.

Blues vs Reds is 8.30 Friday morning and Waratahs vs Crusaders is 6am Sunday morning UK time Sad. Looks like I'm having an early night Saturday.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Now those sound good, Kiwi!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Im not usually a salad kind of guy but this is a nice lunch. I made salad last night to go with my pizza and decided to bring the leftovers to work with me for lunch.

Wow thats tasty!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Now those sound good, Kiwi!

Theoretically they keep for months*. Empirically they're eaten within days

*They used to be posted to servicemen in the trenches in WWI - hence the egg-free recipe.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:27 pm

red_stag wrote:Im not usually a salad kind of guy

LIAR Whistle
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Laugh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Pete - why make them into a salad. Just eat them as you would an apple.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:38 pm

I saw it myself when I was in Limerick. Stag would just turn up to a game with a burlap sack full of turnips and several Munster flags and slowly munch his way through the former whilst waving the latter as the game goes on.

It's a way of life amongst the indigenous people there. Kind of special, seeing them in their natural environment.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:39 pm

red_stag wrote:Pete - why make them into a salad. Just eat them as you would an apple.
#
Turnip Crumble and Custard - FFS Stag vomit
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Jeez Penfro as a vegemite yourself I thought you would welcome our simple way of life.

Its like when we went to Llanelli - we saw all the people babbling away in Welsh cursing the referee in a strange tongue devoid of vowels.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:46 pm

How do you know they were cursing the referee? They could have been quoting poetry at him in tribute to his decision making.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:47 pm

I just renewed my season ticket Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:PS, I'm making ANZAC biscuits tonight Smile

Ingredients85g porridge oats
85g desiccated coconut
100g plain flour
100g caster sugar
100g butter , plus extra butter for greasing
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

1.Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Put the oats, coconut, flour and sugar in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the golden syrup. Add the bicarbonate of soda to 2 tbsp boiling water, then stir into the golden syrup and butter mixture.
2.Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter and golden syrup mixture. Stir gently to incorporate the dry ingredients.
3.Put dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on to buttered baking sheets, about 2.5cm/1in apart to allow room for spreading. Bake in batches for 8-10 mins until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Good to see the recipe out there, Kiwi. Smile

I have just eaten a homemade batch of them. Need some more now.

Instead of the usual circular-shaped ones these were hexagonal, square and also ones shaped like triangles with the corners cut off.
I love it when they are slightly crunchy on the outside... and the chewy, golden syrupy texture within. Very nice indeed. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Mrs Penfro wrote:Allez les Bleus et Jaunes thumbsup

And on that note I see that ASM have re-signed Napolioni Nalaga for next term. He will be joined by Auckland Blues' Benson Stanley and Famien Chouly from Perpignan.

Not bad.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Has Nalaga fallen out of favour with ASM this season or is the Malzeui / Sivivatu combination just better…?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:58 pm

No, he's playing in Australia for the Western Force. He's just signed a deal to return to France.

He left the club after having problems with depression- he went back to his family in Fiji. Then, after sufficiently recovering, he signed for the Force.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Ah yes. That all rings a bell.

Tough break for him, hope he’s back as good as ever. Fantastic player.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:22 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:I just renewed my season ticket Yahoo

Dreamer, good for you but the first thing I thought was "What a glutton for punishment" Wink

Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Oh, what's this? Why, it's my puppy playing with her rope!

https://youtu.be/bwRxP5jOsN4

I don't know how that ended up on YouTube! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Rava wrote:

Dreamer, good for you but the first thing I thought was "What a glutton for punishment" Wink

Ha, tis true! But I wouldn't have it any other way. Match days down Y Parc are brilliant, and anything I can do to help my team is a must for me Smile

Just been reading we are very close to getting an average attendance of 9K this season. Would be amazing if we could get it, would be a big improvement form last season then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Oh, what's this? Why, it's my puppy playing with her rope!

You ham!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:31 pm

I didn't plan on my slippers getting so much screen time!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Did it come with a free eye-patch? Whistle

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Oh, what's this? Why, it's my puppy playing with her rope!

Lovely stuff, lucky - cute as a button

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Lovely slippers.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Did it come with a free eye-patch? Whistle

Naturally Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Notch wrote:No, he's playing in Australia for the Western Force. He's just signed a deal to return to France.

He left the club after having problems with depression- he went back to his family in Fiji. Then, after sufficiently recovering, he signed for the Force.

Yep. He was (reportedly) depressed because he wanted to get married, his mother was trying to arrange him a marriage in Fiji and didn't approve, and she had control of most of his assets.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote: His mother was trying to arrange him a marriage in Fiji and didn't approve, and she had control of most of his assets.

Far Quinnell, I love my Mam, but there's no way she's having control of my 'assets' Shocked
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Afternoon all, got to love working from home on a dreary day....cat next to me and some old rock blasting out!! Sorted!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Sounds decent enough, Prop!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Can't complain! The missus is working from here too and she's cooking tonight whilst I go for a run...sorted!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:25 pm

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:25 pm

A Priest, a Doctor, a rich Businessman and a Scotsman were waiting one morning for a tparticularly slow group of golfers in front of them.

The Doctor shouted to them, "I've never seen such poor golf!"

The Scotsman chimed in, "Och aye! We ha' been waitin' for nigh on fifteen minutes!"

The Businessman called out, "Move it on you guys, time is money."

The Priest said, "Here comes George the green-keeper. Let's have a word with him."

"Hello, George!" said the Priest, "What's wrong with that annoying group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"

George the green-keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free, anytime they want to."

The group fell into an embarrassing silence for a moment. Then the Priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."

The Doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleagues and see if there's anything they can do for them."

The Businessman replied, "I think I'll donate £350,000 to the Fire Brigade Benevolent Fund in honour of these brave men."

And the Scotsman said, "Why can they no play at night?"

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next