The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Draft 2012 discussion

+15
The Mangler US_UK
Captain Charisma
Thomond
TM Moot
Colan (niner)
siday38
Good Golly I'm Olly
Leedscowboys
TheBrownTown
BamBam
twelve283
Number-25
crazy_dave23
Derbyblue
mikeygnfl
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NFL Draft 2012 discussion Empty NFL Draft 2012 discussion

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 23 Apr 2012, 9:19 pm

Round 1
Spoiler:
Round 2
Spoiler:
Round 3
Spoiler:
Round 4
Spoiler:
Round 5
Spoiler:
Round 6
Spoiler:
Round 7
Spoiler:

Last edited by mikeygnfl on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft 2012 discussion Empty Re: NFL Draft 2012 discussion

Post by Derbyblue Mon 23 Apr 2012, 9:32 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:With the 2012 draft just days away, I thought I'd start a discussions thread for who's going where, possible trades and other gossip.

So to get the debate started, here are some stories from around the internet.

- the Cleveland Browns have shortened it down to Justin Blackmon or Ryan Tannehill at 4th.
- Stephon Gilmore could be the first cornerback off the board.
- the Carolina Panthers want Michael Floyd.
Oh please no, not Tannehill!

Really doubt Gilmore is the first CB to be taken, Claiborne has been the unanimous top corner for months don't see how that can have changed since.

Floyd would make some sense as it gives Cam another weapon, and a receiver he can spend most of his career with as Steve Smith can't have long left but offense isn't the reason they ended up with a top 10 pick this year (obviously you can argue it was as they didn't score enough points to win more games but their defense didn't match the offense's level of play).

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Oh please no, not Tannehill!

The thoughts of so many fans...

mikeygnfl wrote: Stephon Gilmore could be the first cornerback off the board.

Only chance this happens is for some reason Claiborne doesn't get picked by Tampa, the Rams or someone trading up with the Rams (because Tampa didn't take him)... aka only if no corners are off the board once the Jags hit the floor

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:55 am

crazy_dave23 wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:Oh please no, not Tannehill!

The thoughts of so many fans...

mikeygnfl wrote: Stephon Gilmore could be the first cornerback off the board.

Only chance this happens is for some reason Claiborne doesn't get picked by Tampa, the Rams or someone trading up with the Rams (because Tampa didn't take him)... aka only if no corners are off the board once the Jags hit the floor
I know it's hardly exclusive to me but still don't see it as a great move, would have preferred them to trade back and get Floyd or Richardson later in the top 10, but that option seems to have gone. Also I doubt many Browns fans will cheer if they hear Tannehill's name, the majority would prefer Blackmon or Richardson and as to me the drop off in RB talent seems greater than WR talent Richardson makes sense.

Surely if the Jaguars get to choose between Claiborne and Gilmore they would rather take Claiborne?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 24 Apr 2012, 1:04 am

Derbyblue wrote:I know it's hardly exclusive to me but still don't see it as a great move, would have preferred them to trade back and get Floyd or Richardson later in the top 10, but that option seems to have gone. Also I doubt many Browns fans will cheer if they hear Tannehill's name, the majority would prefer Blackmon or Richardson and as to me the drop off in RB talent seems greater than WR talent Richardson makes sense.

Surely if the Jaguars get to choose between Claiborne and Gilmore they would rather take Claiborne?
The Browns could just be using Blackmon and Tannehill as a rouse to try and tempt either the Rams (Blackmon) or the Dolphins (Tannehill) to try and trade up.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 24 Apr 2012, 2:33 pm

Tannehill to Cleveland at #4 makes no sense to me whatsoever. There seems to be something close to a consensus that he won't be able to start this year so I'm not sure the Browns should be blowing this high a pick on him when there are a few other glaring needs. Richardson makes a lot more sense to me and then they could go after their QB next year - Barkley or Jones or some other star in the making that we don't know much about yet (there's usually one in most years)??

I don't think the Rams should be entertaining Cox at 6. This guy to me is just your classic "rocketing up draft boards cos it's suddenly become trendy to say he's great". There's some potential in the DT class this year but none are good enough for the top 10 IMO.

I don't think Miami should be giving up a bunch of picks to move from 8 to 3 just to get Tannehill. It's not massively different from moving from 6 to 2 like the Redskins did and while you wouldn't have to give up as much as the Skins did, it might not be that far off what the Giants gave up to get Eli a few years ago. Is Tannehill worth that? Not at the moment so that would be a monster gamble.

Carolina should only be looking at Floyd if they're trading down or even back up into the 1st if he falls. I agree they need more talent at WR but it's such a deep WR class this year that they could go down that road in the 2nd round or by trading up into the 3rd where they have no pick at the moment or maybe even seeing who is still there at the top of the 4th. With a defensive line and secondary as bad as theirs and in a division with so much talent in the passing game, it would be madness for them to ignore those needs to take Floyd, or any other WR for that matter, at 9. I'm thinking this is one of those rumours they're putting out there to try and spook a team into trading up with them so that they can drop down in the 1st round and still get a good value DT, CB or even Quinton Coples further down in the round.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 24 Apr 2012, 8:56 pm

Derbyblue wrote:

The word out of Jacksonville is that Gene Smith is ridiculously high on Gilmore.
There not afraid to go against the grain (See Tyson Alualu... I didnt have him near the 1st round and they picked him at about #8).
I wouldn't do it, but the point I was making was regards to the original post - namely the only way Gilmore goes ahead of Claibourne is if Jacksonville is doing the picking... I wouldnt do it

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 24 Apr 2012, 8:59 pm

Number-25 wrote:
I don't think the Rams should be entertaining Cox at 6. This guy to me is just your classic "rocketing up draft boards cos it's suddenly become trendy to say he's great". There's some potential in the DT class this year but none are good enough for the top 10 IMO.

I think that there are enough DTs that the Rams should take one with their second pick at the very top of the 2nd round if they want one. People like Devon Still and Jerel Worthy could still be there and I think the chance of trades mean this situation is much more likely because the teams doing the trading will be those after the "desperation QB move" or similar and not those chasing DTs

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 25 Apr 2012, 5:06 pm

Latest draft rumours;

The Jaguars are desperate to move down:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/24/jaguars-claim-dolphins-will-take-tannehill/
Appearing on 930AM with Pete Prisco (via Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union), Jaguars director of player personnel Terry McDonough said that “people know Miami’s going to take [Tannehill," and that "if a team wants a quarterback they're going to have to come in front of Miami."

And who's directly in front of Miami? The Jaguars.

Latest projections from ESPN,
Colts: Andrew Luck
Redskins: Robert Griffin III
Vikings: Morris Claiborne
Browns: Trent Richardson

It's worth noting that Adam Schefter has been saying for a couple of weeks that he thinks the Vikings will pass on Kalil and choose between Claiborne and Blackmon.

Talk of the Chargers trading up to get Mark Barron. I think there's no doubt Barron goes in the top 16.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 25 Apr 2012, 5:08 pm

The Chargers already have Weddle, are they really that desperate for another top tier safety that they will look over their other needs?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 25 Apr 2012, 5:18 pm

bambamwillis wrote:The Chargers already have Weddle, are they really that desperate for another top tier safety that they will look over their other needs?
Exactly what I was thinking, this teams got quite a few holes in it now and it would make more sense to keep their picks to try to fill as many as they can.

If Minnesota do pass on Kalil, how far does he go? Some say he slips out of the top 10, but these are the same people who had him going #2 to the Rams before the trade happened.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 25 Apr 2012, 6:10 pm

To be honest if I was them even if he was there at 18 I would have to take a long hard look at who else was available. I would argue they would be better off taking Cordy Glenn, Decastro if available, a cornerback, a wide receiver or a pass rusher before looking at the safety spot.

I think the Rams will take him if that happens, they have 2 of the top 7 picks in the 2nd round to take a receiver/defensive tackle, which are the two other positions people are predicting they target with #6. I am noticing that a lot of players seem to be over analysed this close to the draft, thinking of Kalil, Blackmon, Reiff, and this seems to be causing them to fall slightly. Not sure if it is just smokescreens being let out by other teams but I do wonder if the rumours are true.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Wed 25 Apr 2012, 6:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cardinals trade up if Kalil slips slightly, they could really do with a top tackle. Other trades I think that are likely are the Lions trading up for a corner or back if they don't like who's available at their pick, maybe the Ravens trade up to Detroit's pick to get Hightower or Zietler over Pittsburgh. I could also see the Eagles trading up for Cox.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 25 Apr 2012, 7:31 pm

Mike Mayock's 2012 mock draft:http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/150251Some interesting picks. Obviously he's not bying the idea of Claiborne or Blackmon to the Vikings. I like the Justin Blackmon to the Browns pick, lots of talk suggesting the Browns are locked in on Trent Richardson but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Blackmon, if he's there.

The Rams are the other team rumoured to be very high on Richardson, they could trade back up to #3.

Colts: Andrew Luck
Redskins: Robert Griffin III
Rams: Trent Richardson
Browns: Justin Blackmon
Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne
Vikings: Matt Kalil

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Wed 25 Apr 2012, 9:05 pm

twelve283 wrote:Latest draft rumours;

The Jaguars are desperate to move down:[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/24/jaguars-claim-dolphins-will-take-tannehill
I read somewhere that the Jets are in talks with the Jaguars about moving up and that the Jets have also contacted Trent Richardson.

If the Vikings pass on Matt Kalil then the Buffalo Bills could be a likely destination. One trade up that would be very interesting is the Eagles trading up past the Dolphins for Ryan Tannehill.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Wed 25 Apr 2012, 9:50 pm

Cox to Eagles
Barron to Jets
Clarborne to Vikes
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 25 Apr 2012, 11:42 pm

I hope it is going to be worthwhile for me staying up to watch Pats picks! I know we will trade the #31 pick but I hope we don't!

#27 - Shea McClean
#31 - Janoris Jenkins

Would do nicely! George Iloka of Boise State is a player we could pick up later to fill the safety position.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by siday38 Thu 26 Apr 2012, 9:35 am

I think somebody will take a punt on Jenkins in the first round.
The Pats look the best bet - they've got 2 1st round selections, they are in a good place and BB likes a gamble.
I can see Jenkins going at 31.

My full mock plus some thoughts on it
http://www.blogger.com/home

siday38

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:00 am

Draft day woohoooo! Can't wait for tonight, going to stay up as long as I can "revising"

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:32 pm

im really looking forward to it too, one of my friends isnt a fan of the sport but wants to join me and some of my m8's as well even though he doesn't have a team yet, he wants to become a fan though so i guess he could pick a team tonight

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:50 pm

i hope the rumours of tampa trading up to the 3 spot for richardson may be true, the vikings could still get kalil at 5 and an extra 2nd rounder

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:00 pm

The Rams seem pretty keen on getting Trent Richardson and letting go of Steven Jackson.

The Buffalo Bills are said to be keen on trading up for Matt Kalil.

The Dallas Cowboys and San Diego Chargers could possibly make a move for Mark Barron.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:04 pm

the packers normally trade down and acquire more picks, but they already have 12 (second most to the Browns (13)), so i hope they trade up and grab a decent pass-rusher

danger that at 28, all the good DE's/OLB's might have already gone...

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:40 pm

I know the Packers were interested in Melvin Ingram but he could be too high for them. Shea McClellin has been mentioned on o number of boards over the past few days.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 26 Apr 2012, 6:23 pm

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/04/26/patriots-interested-in-trading-up-to-seahawks-no-12-pick/?campaign=Twitter_draft

Pats could be trading up!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T DO IT!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 26 Apr 2012, 6:29 pm

niner wrote:i hope the rumours of tampa trading up to the 3 spot for richardson may be true, the vikings could still get kalil at 5 and an extra 2nd rounder

The Bucs better not trade up to 3 Richardson won't be the next Emmit Smith/Barry Sanders, and the Bucs have too many needs. Trade down and get Kuechly or take Claiborne at 5.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 26 Apr 2012, 6:43 pm

ollyrules wrote:http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/04/26/patriots-interested-in-trading-up-to-seahawks-no-12-pick/?campaign=Twitter_draft

That would be an amazing move by the Patriots, they have stockpiled picks for a long time and some are saying that this might be the year they just use them all and bring in a lot of talent, as Brady is getting older now. Barron or possibly Ingram would be the target?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 26 Apr 2012, 6:46 pm

bambamwillis wrote:
ollyrules wrote:http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/04/26/patriots-interested-in-trading-up-to-seahawks-no-12-pick/?campaign=Twitter_draft

That would be an amazing move by the Patriots, they have stockpiled picks for a long time and some are saying that this might be the year they just use them all and bring in a lot of talent, as Brady is getting older now. Barron or possibly Ingram would be the target?

We only have 6 picks this year!!!

I would much rather address all our needs, picking up two first round players is essential for our defence. Harrison Smith at #31 and maybe Vinny Curry or Shea McClain at #27. Hopefully we will get Janoris Jenkins at #48, could be a star
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 26 Apr 2012, 6:56 pm

ollyrules wrote:
bambamwillis wrote:

I would much rather address all our needs, picking up two first round players is essential for our defence. Harrison Smith at #31 and maybe Vinny Curry or Shea McClain at #27. Hopefully we will get Janoris Jenkins at #48, could be a star
Harrison Smith in the first seems like a reach same with Curry at #27, Smith is probably available when you pick in the second and to get Curry you may prefer trading back into the start of the second round but don't know how far Jenkins can drop.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 26 Apr 2012, 6:59 pm

Jenkins will be picked in the second, I think he has more talent than MoClay, Jenkins is just a dumbass. I'm on The Kuechly bandwagon (hopefully through a trade down) but MoClay wouldn't be terrible, he won't be an amazing shutdown corner though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 26 Apr 2012, 7:23 pm

ollyrules wrote:
bambamwillis wrote:

I actually had no idea you guys had traded away 5th/6th/7th. Even then, 6 picks in the first 4 rounds could give some serious talent, I have a feeling McLellin might be gone by 27 but he would be a great pick. Something tells me that they won't trade up, but will use one first rounder and trade the other as per usual.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu 26 Apr 2012, 7:24 pm

It's here!! Today is the day that Robert Griffin III finally becomes a Washington Redskin!! Welcome to DC Mr G3!!!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 26 Apr 2012, 7:26 pm

I wouldn't mind if we traded the #31 pick to someone wanting to grab someone at the end of the first round. Could get a first rounder for next year plus some later ones for this year.

I would like to see these players in Pats uniforms:
Janoris Jenkins #31 pick
Harrison Smith #48 pick
Vinny Curry #63 pick
Shea McClain #27 pick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 26 Apr 2012, 7:42 pm

If the Patriots do trade up then I have them down for Ingram or Brockers.

It seems more likely that the Vikings with trade down from 3rd with either the Rams or the Bucs and still be able to get Matt Kalil or Claiborne.

Possible top six outcomes could be:-

Rams - Richardson
Browns - Blackmon
Bucs - Claiborne
Vikings - Kalil

Bucs - Richardson
Brown - Blackmon
Vikings - Kalil
Rams - Claiborne

Bucs - Richardson
Browns - Blackmon
Vikings - Claiborne
Bills - Kalil
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Thu 26 Apr 2012, 7:47 pm

Things I have noted in last 24-48 hours Mark Barron is going up the boards, Pats are talking to the Seahawks and DeCastro is falling
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 26 Apr 2012, 7:48 pm

I really hope we don't trade up! Would rather fill more holes on defence than take a risk on one player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:06 pm

Cant understand ESPN not showing it.

Nfl . com will be fine though for Eisen and Mayock.

After last year i wouldnt write off Weeden going in the late 20's.

As a Jets fan i'd like Barron or Ingram but i'd only trade as far a 12 for them.

If we trade up for Richardson it will be a case of Tannenbaum making big noises when they really should add youth to an aging roster. We have 10 picks like.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

Captain Charisma wrote:Cant understand ESPN not showing it.

Nfl . com will be fine though for Eisen and Mayock.

After last year i wouldnt write off Weeden going in the late 20's.

As a Jets fan i'd like Barron or Ingram but i'd only trade as far a 12 for them.

If we trade up for Richardson it will be a case of Tannenbaum making big noises when they really should add youth to an aging roster. We have 10 picks like.

PATS RULE AFC EAST!!!!
boxing boxing
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:24 pm

the vikings are supposedly going for claiborne, i'd rather claiborne amd Mike Adams than Matt kalil and Trumaine Johnson I suppose but i'd still worry about passing up kalil

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:28 pm

4 hours to go ... I can either do a lot of revision or spend my time on Twitter reading draft rumours

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:36 pm

I hope everyone who is on here at the moment for the Draft sticks around for the regular season! Not like last season.....

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

I will be here!!! Taking part in the fantasy league if it is run again!

I hope you guys don't forget to come on the chat box tonight for the draft!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:43 pm

I won't be staying up for it, but we all know how it's going to happen. If the Bucs take T-Rich, I would probably have a pr4wn style freak out tomorrow.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:59 pm

niner wrote:the vikings are supposedly going for claiborne, i'd rather claiborne amd Mike Adams than Matt kalil and Trumaine Johnson I suppose but i'd still worry about passing up kalil
But it could be Kalil and Jenkins though that may require a trade up. It's all very interesting apart from the top two picks nothing is certain, can't wait.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 26 Apr 2012, 9:33 pm

Jim Brown on Trent Richardson: "The problem is that he's ordinary. I think he's ordinary." http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/nfl_legend_jim_brown_calls_tre.html

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 26 Apr 2012, 9:56 pm

I just saw a very good point on one website saying don't believe everything you read tonight. I definitely think there's a lot of misguided info floating about.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:10 am

BROWNS TRADE WITH VIKINGS FOR #3 PICK!!!!

RICHARDSON THEY THINK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:14 am

And so it begins! Love draft night

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:15 am

ollyrules wrote:BROWNS TRADE WITH VIKINGS FOR #3 PICK!!!!

RICHARDSON THEY THINK
Apparently a 4th, 5th and 7th to move up the one spot, still have 10 picks.

Does DT Shaun Rogers signing with the New York Giants have any impact on the draft?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:23 am

Derbyblue wrote:
ollyrules wrote:BROWNS TRADE WITH VIKINGS FOR #3 PICK!!!!

RICHARDSON THEY THINK
Apparently a 4th, 5th and 7th to move up the one spot, still have 10 picks.

Does DT Shaun Rogers signing with the New York Giants have any impact on the draft?
They must have feared the Buccaneers or Rams leapfrogging them for Trent Richardson.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next