The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Judd Trump a reincarnation of Kirk Stevens?

4 posters

Go down

Is Judd Trump a reincarnation of Kirk Stevens? Empty Is Judd Trump a reincarnation of Kirk Stevens?

Post by gboycottnut Wed 25 Apr 2012, 11:34 am

Looking at Judd Trump reminds me a lot of the great Canadian player Kirk Stevens who played Snooker in the late 1970's to late 1980's. Stevens not only looked like Judd, but also like Judd was also an excellent single ball potter but didn't have anything special in the other aspects of Snooker such as the safety, and most importantly in the area of cueball control.

Does anyone else agree?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Is Judd Trump a reincarnation of Kirk Stevens? Empty Re: Is Judd Trump a reincarnation of Kirk Stevens?

Post by The Special Juan Wed 25 Apr 2012, 11:35 am

Was that the guy who played in the white suit?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Is Judd Trump a reincarnation of Kirk Stevens? Empty Re: Is Judd Trump a reincarnation of Kirk Stevens?

Post by gboycottnut Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

TSC wrote:Was that the guy who played in the white suit?

Yes. And he is also the guy who made a maximum 147 at the Benson and Hedges Masters in 1984 V Jimmy White. Like Judd, Kirk also likes playing naughty snooker.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

That would be him TSC but what i dont understand is that Kirk Stevens had a pretty good safety game and a better than average cueball control.

Trump has actually got a very good safety game when its needed but his long potting rarely sees him use it. His cue ball control will get better with experience. He has much more cue ball control now than he did this time last year.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:05 pm

I haven't seen much of Kirk because he was way before my time but I think, having seen a few videos of him playing, they both have the flaboyant style but Kirk perhaps underachieved.

You're right about Judd having more cue ball control. I think that let him down last year in the final. The pots were excellent but he ran out of position so many times.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:07 pm

Kirk found drugs TSC, fabulous player but threw it all away.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:10 pm

Yeah I read something about that. Shame. Another tainted genius it appears.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:14 pm

Alex Higgins once decribed him as the ultimate opponant. When playing Kirk he enjoyed the game more than at any other time.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 25 Apr 2012, 2:48 pm

I'm not sure Kirk would be so happy with that comparison looks wise. He fancied himself (and was) a bit of a ladies man if I recall and I can't see Judd pulling much other than with his wad.

He's no TK that's for sure.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down