The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

seriously WWE what were you thinking?

5 posters

Go down

seriously WWE what were you thinking? Empty seriously WWE what were you thinking?

Post by talkingpoint Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:14 pm

Just went on to wwe.com and there is an advert for their new game allstars with Hogan and Cena, both men are portrayed in caricature form and look as big as the incredible hulk! Considering WWE are trying to move away from the controversial stereotype of juiced up roid abusing muscle men this game does nothing to help their cause! I mean this game looks like a Vince MacMahon fantasy!!! Shocked I know its just a game but in the words of the Miz "really"? Doh

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

seriously WWE what were you thinking? Empty Re: seriously WWE what were you thinking?

Post by bretmeharty Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:19 pm

I totally agree tp with your point 100%

I got the game yesterday for the wii its good fun and its like an arcade game which makes it good for a mess around.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

seriously WWE what were you thinking? Empty Re: seriously WWE what were you thinking?

Post by Jammy31 Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:39 am

<<*Post removed*>>

Last edited by Jammy31 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Jammy31 wrote:Any weights machines in the game?

You are not funny. Have a word with yourself.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:25 pm

Sorry censored
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by johncenamanutd Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:31 am

No offence, but this is probably the dumbest thread I've had the misfortune of reading.

johncenamanutd

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:38 am

each to their own however I do find it strange that a company that is so defensive about its image censoring journalists for using the terms 'wrestlers' and 'professional wrestling'; a company that created a wellness policy after a very public and controversial killing and suicide of a former world champion and his family and is currently running a campaign called 'Stand up for the WWE' against political discrimination against its fans and slur campaigns against the influence and impact of the WWE on youth culture would release a game that features so blatantly distorted representations of its 'superstars' past and present, which could be so easily misconstrued as reinforcing the old stereotypes of steriod abuse. It just surprises me that's all. Smile

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 am

johncenamanutd wrote:No offence, but this is probably the dumbest thread I've had the misfortune of reading.

Is that because your mind can't comprehend anything except for John Cena is my hero, I love John Cena, John Cena is the best.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:43 am

Talkingpoint have you heard the latest that Vince dosen't want his company to be called world wrestling entertainment anymore, from now on it will be known simply as wwe.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:05 am

bretmeharty wrote:Talkingpoint have you heard the latest that Vince dosen't want his company to be called world wrestling entertainment anymore, from now on it will be known simply as wwe.

I'm not surprised I reckon that's why Striker has fallen from grace on SD because he made a point of the second W in WWE standing for wrestling while commentating on a match with Bryan Daniels I think?! I definitely remember Striker making that comment though.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:20 am

That's interesting to know didn't realise he said that and plus the fact he said a wrestling term "mark out" at the rumble which no doubt didn't help his cause.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by johncenamanutd Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:34 am

bretmehardy, does it annoy you that I'm a Cena fan?? The Cena jokes would seem to suggest so. Maybe your tiny narrowminded brain can not comprehend this fact so you resort to jokes. Just a thought.

@ talkingpoint, it is just a very OTT game. If you've seen any of the footage of it, you'd realise this.

johncenamanutd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:40 am

I don't understand why people are in uproar about it.

Its a game, designed to attract the interest of children who'll mither their mum and dad to spend £40 on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:28 am

gazzyD wrote:I don't understand why people are in uproar about it.

Its a game, designed to attract the interest of children who'll mither their mum and dad to spend £40 on it.

It's not an uproar per sa just find it curious that WWE executives would want to create a game like this knowing their sensitivity to their public image as mentioned above. If WWE weren't so controlling over their PR I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Smile

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:43 am

I understand what you're saying and you raise valid points about the wellness policy and so on. But I think in this case they just figured a way to make even more money seeing as though SVR isn't going to be released until about November time this year

All I know is I won't be buying it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down