The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky Hatton+Wayne McCullough Join Primetime on 9th June for Pacquiao vs Bradley+24/7 Details

+24
mobilemaster8
PPVxHOTTY
compelling and rich
John Bloody Wayne
EdWoodjr
The Galveston Giant
azania
Steffan
Imperial Ghosty
joeyjojo618
rycoys
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
KingMonkey
School Project
BoxingFan88
Mind the windows Tino.
TopHat24/7
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
Union Cane
hampo17
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Primetime
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ricky Hatton+Wayne McCullough Join Primetime on 9th June for Pacquiao vs Bradley+24/7 Details Empty Ricky Hatton+Wayne McCullough Join Primetime on 9th June for Pacquiao vs Bradley+24/7 Details

Post by Primetime Wed 02 May 2012, 11:09 am

Manny Pacquiao Returns To Primetime on 9th June

WBO Welterweight Title
When: 9th June Live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas
What: Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley
Where: All on Primetime: Sky channel 480, Virgin Media ‘On Demand’ and online at Primetime Website (click here)

On 12th November 2011 Primetime broadcast one of the most controversial boxing events of the year. Manny Pacquiao controversially retained his WBO Welterweight title with a majority decision win over Juan Manuel Marquez in a fight many thought he lost. On the undercard Timothy Bradley would successfully defend his WBO Light Welterweight crown with a decisive victory over Joel Casamayor after a 10 month absence from the ring.

On 9th June 2012, both fighters will return to Primetime to battle it out from the MGM Grand Garden arena as legendary promoter, Bob Arum, pits arguably his best two fighters against each other in an epic duel.

Manny Pacquiao will be looking to reassert his dominance of the pound for pound rankings following what can only be described as a controversial victory last time out. In their trilogy fight, Marquez demonstrated an ability neutralise the attack of Pacquiao which resulted in the decision being met with boo’s by the crowd in the MGM. However further analysis of the fight showed Pacquiao landing the cleaner strikes – 176 to 138 and the most power punches.

Timothy Bradley returned to the ring that same night having been out of the ring for nearly 10 months following a dispute with his previous promoter. However he displayed no signs of ring rust as he dismantled a Cuban legend in Joel Casamayor.

Following Amir Khan’s loss to Lamont Peterson, a fighter Bradley had previously beaten, ‘Desert Storms’ position as the world’s number 1 Light Welterweight was confirmed. Now he steps up to Welterweight where Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr have long reigned supreme. Already ranked number 8 in the Ring Magazine pound for pound rankings, a win for Bradley would cement him as one of the world’s elite fighters.

Join us on 9th June for yet another night of epic World Championship boxing, only on Primetime.

You can order the card for only £14.95 by calling 08712004444*, visiting Primetime Website (click here) or Virgin Media customers can purchase using the ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu.

Last edited by Primetime on Wed 30 May 2012, 6:06 pm; edited 3 times in total

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Ricky Hatton+Wayne McCullough Join Primetime on 9th June for Pacquiao vs Bradley+24/7 Details Empty Re: Ricky Hatton+Wayne McCullough Join Primetime on 9th June for Pacquiao vs Bradley+24/7 Details

Post by Primetime Wed 02 May 2012, 11:09 am

Thanks to our new partnership with BetVictor you can now access odds for this fight at www.primetimelive.co.uk/betvictor

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Ricky Hatton+Wayne McCullough Join Primetime on 9th June for Pacquiao vs Bradley+24/7 Details Empty Re: Ricky Hatton+Wayne McCullough Join Primetime on 9th June for Pacquiao vs Bradley+24/7 Details

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 02 May 2012, 11:20 am

Given that Boxnation is a tenner a month surely £15 for one nights boxing is a rip off.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Wed 02 May 2012, 11:25 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Given that Boxnation is a tenner a month surely £15 for one nights boxing is a rip off.

£14.95 is the long established priced for elite level PPV boxing in the UK. The price of events is determined by the rights holder(in this case Top Rank) with in put from us, however the final decision is down to the rights holder.

Manny Pacquiao is long established at the number 1 fighter world wide, though there is an argument for FMJ, and he deserves to be a PPV fighter at the established going rate

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 02 May 2012, 11:28 am

I think what SSR is getting at is that boxnation has a fantastic night of boxing on Saturday for £10, primetime has one fight at £15. So based on that it is a rip off, irrelevant whether it is the going rate or not.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 02 May 2012, 11:29 am

hampo171 wrote:I think what SSR is getting at is that boxnation has a fantastic night of boxing on Saturday for £10, primetime has one fight at £15. So based on that it is a rip off, irrelevant whether it is the going rate or not.

At least someone was smart enough to work it out. thumbsup
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 02 May 2012, 11:30 am

So now BoxNation is a bargain.

There's nowt so fickle as a boxing fan.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Wed 02 May 2012, 11:32 am

I absoultely get what you are saying, how Boxnation have structured their deal with Mayweather/GBP I don't know, they have a different business model and good luck to them. Top Rank decided they would rather go with us for this event and I for one believe it is worth it.

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 02 May 2012, 11:36 am

I have always been all for boxnation especially since it became pay per month. I used to think it wouldn't work but I think it has.

I have always said if they are giving us shows Sky wouldn't along with Warrens shows it was good value when you consider how expensive PPV is for one nights boxing in comparison to month which would be 6-8 shows for £10.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 May 2012, 11:51 am

I decided a short time ago I had no intention of watching either Manny or Floyd again unless it is against each other, as the pair of em are jokers taking a dump on fans, the sport and its history and as such will not be aided and abetted in this process by me shelling out one penny more of my hard earned on either of them, so for me it does not matter if their fights are shown on primetime, sky, boxnation or UKTV Conquest or if they are free or not as I shall not be watching.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 May 2012, 11:56 am

Yes I do Alma, why, do you want to come round?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 02 May 2012, 11:58 am

I think Primetime needs to know that they arent the only channel providing PPV Boxing now. Doesn't take an idiot to work out:

Mayweather v Cotto + a whole month of boxing coverage = £10
Pacquiao v Bradley card £15

I think you need to get wise now and realise that you will have to cut your price or risk pricing yourself out of the market. I for one would not be tempted in the slightest in paying £15 for that.

Consdering the argument that has been on going recently regarding is Boxnation value for money, £15 for this fight simply isn't.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Wed 02 May 2012, 12:00 pm

We've just updated our boxing news section with a whole host of articles about Pacquiao vs Bradley, keep up to date with the latest news at http://primetimelive.co.uk/news/category/boxing/

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 02 May 2012, 12:04 pm

Salespeople lol.

Mayweather vs Cotto + a load of other top quality boxing = £10

One night of a Top Rank Card with one good fight and a lot of mediocre figths = £14.95

£10 / 30 (days of viewing potential) = 0.33

£14.95 / 1 = £14.95

I don't know about you but that kinda makes me think Boxnation aint so bad.

Too bad I hate Frank Warren.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 May 2012, 12:08 pm

Union Cane wrote:So now BoxNation is a bargain.

There's nowt so fickle as a boxing fan.

Apples and pears though Union. Boxnation was a rip-off when it was a fixed term contract so actually cost £60 when there might only be 2-3 good fight nights during that time, therefore effectively £20 a fight-night (that the customer is interested in watching). Versus that, Primetime appeared better value as it required no long term commitment and was pitched at the same level as SkyPPV (albeit totally lacking the equivalent production quality).

Boxnation have now, however, moved the goalposts with the month-by-month subscriptions. Therefore this Primetime PPV now competes directly with Boxnation's Mayweather-Cotto PPV this weekend. Identical fight quality (same competitiveness and the other biggest name in the sport), same production levels but, at £10, is £5 cheaper.

Therefore this is not a fickle boxing fan, just a rational consumer*.

*Aside from moral objections to either channel, such as Rowley.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 May 2012, 12:13 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Salespeople lol.

One night of a Top Rank Card with one good fight and a lot of mediocre figths = £14.95

£14.95 / 1 = £14.95

In fairness, one might say you have vastly over-valued 'viewing potential'. Boxnation has had some very fallow periods of a month or more with no decent fights to watch therefore to divide the cost by the number of days over-states the value differential. It's more £10 for a one-off with upside potential vs £15 for a one-off with no upside potential. Boxnation is still better value, but it's not £14.95 vs 33p.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 02 May 2012, 12:14 pm

Nobody is claiming that £15 is less than £10.

If nobody buys the PPV then maybe Primetime will review their prices.

If people do buy it, then why should they lower their prices?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 02 May 2012, 12:23 pm

People aren't buying it.

Thats why the sales guy is here.

I'm not saying people are saying £15 is less than 10 and I certainly don't think that Boxnation is 30 days of solid world class boxing, but theres rarely going to be a month where theres not 1 decent title fight on. My point was to Mr.Primetime that his channel is expensive.

If he comes on here with intelligent boxing fans (for the most part) he should say "enter code 606v2 and get the channel for £10"

But I doubt thats something they'll do.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 May 2012, 12:28 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:People aren't buying it.

Primetime have a long standing and established tie up with this board and were using the boards to promote fights long before this one and long before Boxnations establishment.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 02 May 2012, 12:33 pm

rowley wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:People aren't buying it.

Primetime have a long standing and established tie up with this board and were using the boards to promote fights long before this one and long before Boxnations establishment.

Still doesn't make it remotely good value for money. If Boxnation is bad for the sport (not my view but the view of many held on here) then Primetime and there £15 for one show are a cancer eating away at the sport. When you lose out morally to Mr Warren you are in trouble.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 02 May 2012, 12:34 pm

If it's not good value don't buy it.

Hardly rocket science...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 02 May 2012, 12:38 pm

rowley wrote:Primetime have a long standing and established tie up with this board and were using the boards to promote fights long before this one and long before Boxnations establishment.

Doesn't take away from the fact that they're advertising.

Rowley you've been somewhat cranky recently - I think I'll be giving you a wide berth.

Last edited by JabMachineMK2 on Wed 02 May 2012, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 02 May 2012, 12:39 pm

alma wrote:
rowley wrote:Yes I do Alma, why, do you want to come round?

ha ha would be fun, but my point was, surely you'd match Mayweather or Manny if they were on sky and you didn't have to pay extra?

I would guess Jeff has made his informed decision based on the assumption that they would never be on free to air.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 02 May 2012, 12:41 pm

Union Cane wrote:If it's not good value don't buy it.

Hardly rocket science...

Not arguing with that. My point was towards Primetime on price given you are getting Mayweather for a tenner with about 7 extra shows on top of it. There PPV price was the same as Sky even though they fell well short of the standards Sky set.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 02 May 2012, 12:43 pm

Could we please stop the references to illegal streaming / downloading.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 May 2012, 12:47 pm

alma wrote:

ha ha would be fun, but my point was, surely you'd match Mayweather or Manny if they were on sky and you didn't have to pay extra?

I genuinely wouldn't Alma, lets be honest here we all know there are ways of watching any fight without shelling out one penny, ways even a buffoon like me can work out, but I have genuinely decided I am sick of both Manny and Floyd and their ongoing refusal to fight each other and as such I intend to demonstrate that lack of interest by refusing to watch either of them, similarly I have not predicted on any threads about the weekends fight or made any comment beyond the flippant or nonsensical.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 02 May 2012, 12:53 pm

rowley wrote:
alma wrote:

I genuinely wouldn't Alma, lets be honest here we all know there are ways of watching any fight without shelling out one penny, ways even a buffoon like me can work out, but I have genuinely decided I am sick of both Manny and Floyd and their ongoing refusal to fight each other and as such I intend to demonstrate that lack of interest by refusing to watch either of them, similarly I have not predicted on any threads about the weekends fight or made any comment beyond the flippant or nonsensical.

Seems like a pointless excercise mate. You are denying yourself the opportunity to watch the two best around who are both involved in good fights granted it's not against each other but we all know Floyd beat Manny comfortably so what's the fuss?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 May 2012, 12:55 pm

Kev I am absolutely certain it is a pointless gesture, but I am only denying myself the opportunity to see them in fights I do not care about so I can live with it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 02 May 2012, 1:10 pm

I am away at the Download festival, I was hoping that it would be on sky sports so I could use sky go..

Darn, unless they will allow us to buy a stream, I will have to wait =/

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 02 May 2012, 2:05 pm

Primetime: Where's my Amir Khan t-shirt?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 02 May 2012, 2:28 pm

Primetime hastily got off when the ‘value debate’ started.

But we can’t say bad things about them due to there ‘606v2 connections’.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 May 2012, 2:32 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Primetime hastily got off when the ‘value debate’ started.

But we can’t say bad things about them due to there ‘606v2 connections’.

Yes because the moderation on this thread has been positively draconian hasn't it. We also have a relationship with boxnation who advertised heavily through the board in the run up to Vitali vs Klitschko yet we are hardly zero tolerance when it comes to criticism of them are we?

However perish the thought a dig at the moderators should be troubled by anything as trifling as evidence.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 02 May 2012, 2:46 pm

When did Vitali fight Klitschko, sound like an epic fight which I would have paid for!

Not draconian moderating but the defending of them is quite amusing

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 May 2012, 2:49 pm

Who has defended them on here, I have said I have no intention of watching the fight and union has pointed out nobody has to buy the fight, as far as defences go it is hardly Johnny Cochrane stuff, union has asked people not to make references to illegal streams which is a common feature of pretty much every sports forum and is certainly not unique to the boxing board in us being zero tolerance on that front.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 02 May 2012, 2:59 pm

Bloody hell rowley. Only saying its funny the way the members are pointing out this fact its not value for money and I can only see replys from mods suggesting, well dont buy it then and if people do buy it, then why should they lower their prices etc. Not in the proportions of the 'Chewbacca Defense' but still

We all know your stance!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 02 May 2012, 3:03 pm

It is clearly not value for money compared to BoxNation, any fool can see that and only a fool would dispute it.

By saying "Don't buy it then" I am not defending Primetime, I'm simply pointing out the blindingly obvious.

You seem to have an agenda of your own there, SoF.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 02 May 2012, 3:13 pm

Nah I don't actually. I thought his answer of £14.95 is the going rate for PPV....yer when Sky actually did it for fight the general public where interested in, with also a much better production, pundits and also in HD! Not the type of production you we see on YouTube with a webcam

Also before the time when you can get Boxnation for £10 for the whole month.

Little bit of market research wouldn't have gone miss.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 02 May 2012, 3:16 pm

Well, like I said before, if nobody buys it they will realise that their price is too high.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 02 May 2012, 3:21 pm

Looks like they are going to learn the hard way!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Wed 02 May 2012, 5:09 pm

Undercard will be

Mike Jones vs Randall Bailey for the vacant IBF Welterweigh Title
GUILLERMO RIGONDEAUX vs TEON KENNEDY World Boxing Association (WBA) super bantamweight title
Jorge Arce vs Jesus Rojas 10-round junior featherweight fight.

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Wed 02 May 2012, 5:11 pm

Not ducking the value debate guys, had other work to do too Very Happy

I had though already answered the question about pricing earlier in the thread, price is decided in discussion with the rights holders. They believe Manny is worth the long established PPV rate and too be fair they have every right to expect that rate for the number 1 p4p fighter in the world

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 02 May 2012, 5:12 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Salespeople lol.

£14.95 / 1 = £14.95

Basically; this

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 02 May 2012, 5:23 pm

I am away on holiday so cannot watch it but if i was i would be willing to pay 15 quid simply because 1 PPV a year is not scandalous

Plus for Rowley saying he won't watch Pac or Mayweather is that on morality or because you don't have boxnation and don't want to pay for primetime???

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Wed 02 May 2012, 5:29 pm

SKY SPORTS HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 May 2012, 5:31 pm

I don't have boxnation UGG but could afford to get it if I chose and by the same token have bought PPV's before and will again but have decided I am sick of the soap opera will they won't they BS that surrounds Manny and Floyd, think the fact that nearly three years after the fight was first mooted they have still not fought and are no nearer to doing so is shameful and because of this I have decided I am not interested in devoting any more of my time or attention to them and am certainly not giving them one penny more of my hard earned.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 02 May 2012, 5:36 pm

Cant agree with Rowleys attitude on manny and floyd. They arent fighting each other and thats a kick in the pants, but its not like they are fighting bin men in the meantime. Cotto has looked decent recently and some people are tipping bradley to upset pacman (not me, but some people).

I can understand disappointment at the fight not coming off, but for a self confessed big fan of the sport you seem to want to kick boxing now its down Rowley. If even the hardcore fans start deserting it (boxnation is pretty much set up for the hardcore fans and you want nothing to do with it, and now two of the biggest names in boxing are banned from the tv), then where does that leave the sport?

Before tino jumps on me for attacking the light of his life, for the record Rowley is my favourite person here and he is free to do what he likes. I just dont agree with his current views. Taken at face value, without any of the manny/floyd shenanigans, these are two decent match ups and should produce good fights.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 02 May 2012, 5:40 pm

Don't want to de-rail this thread but Floyd Cotto is a great fight with two of the biggest names in the sport and IMO is a must watch simply on this basis! As for Pac; Bradley may not be the biggest name but he is a good fighter, and i should think come to win unlike Mosely, Clottey....

Its like following league football passionately all year and not watching the world cup final! (though i do know cases of this)

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Wed 02 May 2012, 5:43 pm

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:Don't want to de-rail this thread but Floyd Cotto is a great fight with two of the biggest names in the sport and IMO is a must watch simply on this basis! As for Pac; Bradley may not be the biggest name but he is a good fighter, and i should think come to win unlike Mosely, Clottey....

Its like following league football passionately all year and not watching the world cup final! (though i do know cases of this)

Should be a cracking fight this weekend, if you're thinking of having a punt on it our betting partners at BetVictor have some great prices on offer at www.primetimelive.co.uk/betvictor Very Happy

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 May 2012, 5:44 pm

Joey, they are decent enough match ups as was Ortiz, as was Marquez and as were pretty much most all of their recent fighters but for as long as people have that attitude they will never fight each other, if when the fight was first mooted and failed to come off people had turned their back on both fighters and they had both done around 100,000 PPV's rather than 1.5m they would have signed to fight each other in a heartbeat.

I genuinely believe their failure to fight each other has been one of the most damaging things to happen to the sport in an age, whenever friends who are not huge fans of the sport talk boxing with me one of the first things they ask is what is happening with Manny and Floyd? To constantly hear, still not happening makes the sport look a farce.

Am more than willing to accept my stance is over the top and ridiculously futile but have just had my fill of the pair of them, wish they would both sod off.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 02 May 2012, 5:45 pm

Primetime wrote:
Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:Don't want to de-rail this thread but Floyd Cotto is a great fight with two of the biggest names in the sport and IMO is a must watch simply on this basis! As for Pac; Bradley may not be the biggest name but he is a good fighter, and i should think come to win unlike Mosely, Clottey....

Should be a cracking fight this weekend, if you're thinking of having a punt on it our betting partners at BetVictor have some great prices on offer at www.primetimelive.co.uk/betvictor Very Happy

Good prices indeed but not a betting man myself, always taught its a mugs game..... you never see a bookie on a bike after all Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next