The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will win this years World Championship?

+12
Liam
Hibbz
gboycottnut
Good Golly I'm Olly
Kenny
Josiah Maiestas
88Chris05
CaledonianCraig
Mad for Chelsea
mystiroakey
eirebilly
The Special Juan
16 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Who do you think will win?

Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_lcap20%Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_lcap20%Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_lcap40%Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_lcap0%Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_lcap0%Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Empty Who will win this years World Championship?

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 1:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

First topic message reminder :

Who's your favourite for this years title ?

One of the seeds ? Or will it be a qualifier ?

We're almost down to the last 4, so let us know who you think will finally clinch it.

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu 03 May 2012, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who will win this years World Championship?

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 5:28 pm

I have been really impressed with the interest shown this year Very Happy

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who will win this years World Championship?

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 5:28 pm

You Admins may have to make Kenny a mod for this section.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 5:31 pm

indeed we might. I never have enough time to dedicate to my snooker so we shall see Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 5:31 pm

Congrats on going past 11,000 posts as well dreamer Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 5:32 pm

Give it to Kenny if he wants it dreamer Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 04 May 2012, 5:34 pm

Now if Ronnie goes on to clinch his fourth world title (looking increasingly likely now) how good a championship has it been? For the championships to be memorable you want and crave nail-biting matches and the latter matches haven't given us that so far. Ronnie is cruising to the final and it is not inconceivable that Ronnie could wrap this up with a session to spare. As for the other semi it hasn't caught light yet either. In past years we have had a star-studded semi-final and final line-up but haven't really had it this year. Therefore not a vintage championship (to date) but that is in no way a slight on Ronnie who has been the best player in the tournament to date.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 5:34 pm

aha I hadn't even noticed that!

ooo roll on 7pm! I love this time of year where the snooker is on so much, I would watch so much more if the Beeb televised more of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 04 May 2012, 5:36 pm

to be honest Craig I've quite enjoyed this semi, one-sided though it is. There's just something exhilarating about watching Ronnie in full flow. As for tight matches, there were some crackers early on (Day vs Ding and Carter vs Trump - two wonderful comebacks - spring to mind), but it's true the latter stages haven't had that added sense of drama.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Fri 04 May 2012, 5:38 pm

mystiroakey wrote:if i remeber rightly robidoux actually petitioned to get ronnie banned when he beat him 10-3 but played one frame left handed- what a twonk lol

Ronnie then saying that Alain was useless and he could beat him left-handed. Robidoux's career didn't have long to go in any case. A so-called 'friend' of Alain's took a disliking to a logo that was on Robidoux's cue and smashed it up. With his new cue Robidoux slid down the rankings in next to no time.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 5:40 pm

As much as i want Stevens to win, this match has been of a very high quality and its been a joy to watch Ronnie play like this.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 04 May 2012, 5:44 pm

The Ronnie/Matthew semi has only been good in patches. Yesterday the standard was pretty poor with Ronnie with a highest break of 66 and Stevens of 80. Better today for sure but still not what I'd call gripping stuff. The final as well doesn't fill me with vast swathes of enthusiasm as neither Carter or Maguire appear to have either the game (in Ali's case) or the Temperament (in Stephen's case) to make the final any more than a one-sided affair.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 04 May 2012, 5:45 pm

EdWoodjr wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:if i remeber rightly robidoux actually petitioned to get ronnie banned when he beat him 10-3 but played one frame left handed- what a twonk lol

Ronnie then saying that Alain was useless and he could beat him left-handed. Robidoux's career didn't have long to go in any case. A so-called 'friend' of Alain's took a disliking to a logo that was on Robidoux's cue and smashed it up. With his new cue Robidoux slid down the rankings in next to no time.

abit strange all that isnt it, why did it get to such a highteigned level.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 5:48 pm

Yesterday aside CC, Ronnie has been nothing short of excellent today. Matthew has'nt been bad, Ronnie just stepped up another gear. I have loved it.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 04 May 2012, 5:55 pm

What's been the most memorable match of the tournament so far? I'd have to say the Trump/Carter match although that's more for what was said after it. The most memorable moment on the table for me is when Mr Disciplinary Hearing potted the black but the white went pocket.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 04 May 2012, 5:58 pm

trump carter, however i dont think the other semi is over- i can see mags coming bavk but then carter pipping him. The stevens jones game as well and ronnie v robbo was probally overall the highest quality- bar possibly this one if it keeps going.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 6:00 pm

Personally i loved the Day - Ding match.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 04 May 2012, 6:03 pm

I think tonight depends on Mags start. If he can win the mini session then he could come back but if he loses it, the match could run away from him. Mags is a good front runner (except a certain match v Higgins) but I question his ability to make a comeback.

Forgot about that one eire. I was delighted for the rest of the day (no pun intended)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 04 May 2012, 6:08 pm

I'm with billy, thought the Day-Ding match was the most exciting I've seen so far.

For sheer quality, Ronnie this afternoon. Was superb.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 6:09 pm

The start is so important for Mags, must win the first mini 3-1 or there will be no way back.

It was a great match, i had written him off and Ding was my pick to win the worlds...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 04 May 2012, 6:11 pm

TSC wrote:I think tonight depends on Mags start. If he can win the mini session then he could come back but if he loses it, the match could run away from him. Mags is a good front runner (except a certain match v Higgins) but I question his ability to make a comeback.

Forgot about that one eire. I was delighted for the rest of the day (no pun intended)

Just seemed like it wasn't his day against Stevens

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 6:12 pm

Ronnie has consistentlyplayed the higest quality of the worlds, thats for sure. It would have to go horribly wrong for him to not win the titel i feel.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 6:14 pm

bretmeharty wrote:
TSC wrote:I think tonight depends on Mags start. If he can win the mini session then he could come back but if he loses it, the match could run away from him. Mags is a good front runner (except a certain match v Higgins) but I question his ability to make a comeback.

Just seemed like it wasn't his day against Stevens Carter

Fixed that for you Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 04 May 2012, 6:15 pm

Ronnie's been consistently good during this WC. We've seen more than a few moments of magic from him so far, coupled with an average session or 2. You all know I'm not a fan of his but frankly, no one has really come close to him during this tournament. If he goes on to win it, I can't complain. He's been the best.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 04 May 2012, 6:17 pm

well from a purists and my point of view carter v ronnie is the best final, best attacking play v best safety/shot selection play.

a battle of the styles(and the best two of the tourny playing them).

And i am gonna be honest and say again that ali carter is a tougher competeter than most on here feel- the match will not be completely one sided(although i expect ronnie to win)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 04 May 2012, 6:24 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:it's only been a poor match if you're unable to enjoy watching Ronnie at his best. That was superb clap
Ronnie is not my favourite, he can be fun to watch if you're a fan. Stevens fell away as usual when he caught up to Ronnie, expected it.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 04 May 2012, 6:27 pm

I see what you are saying mystiroakey but surely more fireworks would have come (still might but doubt it) from a Maguire V O'sullivan final?

Now I do know how tough a battler Ali is and I respect how well he has done in the game despite shortfalls in parts of his game - a lot to be admired in that trait. However, against Ronnie there is only ever going to be one winner I'd say very possibly with a session to spare.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 04 May 2012, 6:28 pm

Matthew has'nt been bad
He's been passive though, his decision making has allowed Ronnie to win frames more easily than they should have been.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 04 May 2012, 6:29 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Matthew has'nt been bad
He's been passive though, his decision making has allowed Ronnie to win frames more easily than they should have been.

I would agree with that. Not Ronnie's fault though.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 04 May 2012, 6:29 pm

eirebilly wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:

Just seemed like it wasn't his day against Stevens Carter

Fixed that for you Wink

Thanks Doh

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 6:30 pm

He has made a few odd shots Josiah but most of Ronnies openings have been created by himself and that coupled with the fact that he has saved position so many times with excellent potting has made me enjoy the match so much Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 04 May 2012, 6:33 pm

Well i still feel that mags has got a chance v carter- and if he can turn this around it probally would be a better spectacle . It is a cliche picking the best final before the final- because invaribly the two finalists of the tourny will be the best final and would have played the best snooker

However from a style v style pespective it will be intriguing..

I thought the real final was robbo v ronnie , and nothing i have seen so far has changed that opinion. However ali is naturally a frustrating player- others have come close to doing this v ronnie but no one has succeded so far. Mags is to agressive and maybe lacking in the safety exchanges for me to see him being a threat to ronnie in this form

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 04 May 2012, 6:36 pm

Carter really hurt this tournament by beating Judd Sad a Judd/Ronnie final would have been the saviour. Now we are left with a replica of Ronnie's 2008 win and no major challenge. Pity
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 04 May 2012, 6:38 pm

well that was judds fault wasnt it- and yes it would have been my ideal final

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 6:47 pm

I still have faith that Mags will turn this around Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 04 May 2012, 7:01 pm

Smile its on

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 7:04 pm

We just had rememberance here in Holland.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 04 May 2012, 7:07 pm

he's on fire he's stephen maguire..LOL

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 04 May 2012, 7:08 pm

It goes without saying but for me Stephen Maguire MUST win this session tonight - even if it is only 5-3 it will rekindle his chances.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 04 May 2012, 7:08 pm

11-13 is game on big time

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 04 May 2012, 7:13 pm

yeah at 11-13 he has a chance, at 10-14 or worse it gets very difficult...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 04 May 2012, 7:20 pm

What a fluke. Should be frame to Maguire now.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 04 May 2012, 7:20 pm

Mags with a massive fluke! that's his frame surely?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 7:20 pm

Well Mags has the first frame Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 04 May 2012, 7:24 pm

As Virgo would (and has) said, "you can't beat a bit of luck". Might inspire some sort of fightback now. But Ali's wearing the grey shirt...
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 7:26 pm

Taylor is correct, Alli is a tremendous matchplayer.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 04 May 2012, 7:28 pm

I haven't seen Carter play well on TV in so long that I forgot how good a matchplayer he was.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 7:28 pm

righty folks, new thread for you https://www.606v2.com/t28665-who-will-win-this-years-world-championship#1188928

locking this one now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20