The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC's Coverage the Poorest?

5 posters

Go down

BBC's Coverage the Poorest? Empty BBC's Coverage the Poorest?

Post by bretmeharty Fri 04 May 2012, 5:58 pm

Before I get to my point I just wanted to say that granted you can see all the action on the red button or online, but that still doesnt stop me wondering why the BBC have poor coverage. I have both those facilities by the way its more of an observation. If they put as much energy into showing most/more frames of the action as they do with these pub quizes and stat peieces it would me better in my opinion.

Its also pretty poor that the coverage hasnt improved and moved on from 10-15 years ago. Its criminal not to have a show in the morning or even start it earlier considering play starts at 10am as well as the taster at 7pm whats the point?.

Afterall this is the snooker world championships.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

BBC's Coverage the Poorest? Empty Re: BBC's Coverage the Poorest?

Post by eirebilly Fri 04 May 2012, 7:06 pm

Thos pub quiz spots are truely aweful
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 7:08 pm

The BBC about 8 or so years ago, used to show nearly every frame they possibly could, live. With the increasing use of the red button, more and more of the snooker has been put on that instead, and I think the coverage is suffering for it. Not sure why they keep moving so much of it to the red button, especially now we're at the SF stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Fri 04 May 2012, 8:10 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:The BBC about 8 or so years ago, used to show nearly every frame they possibly could, live. With the increasing use of the red button, more and more of the snooker has been put on that instead, and I think the coverage is suffering for it. Not sure why they keep moving so much of it to the red button, especially now we're at the SF stage.

It seems the coverage is getting worse by the year. A couple of years ago it used to be the case of being able to hit the red button and a choice of coverage of both tables were available for the viewer to choose. Now only 1 table is available on the red button on Freeview.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Fri 04 May 2012, 8:13 pm

bretmeharty wrote:Before I get to my point I just wanted to say that granted you can see all the action on the red button or online, but that still doesnt stop me wondering why the BBC have poor coverage. I have both those facilities by the way its more of an observation. If they put as much energy into showing most/more frames of the action as they do with these pub quizes and stat peieces it would me better in my opinion.

Its also pretty poor that the coverage hasnt improved and moved on from 10-15 years ago. Its criminal not to have a show in the morning or even start it earlier considering play starts at 10am as well as the taster at 7pm whats the point?.

Afterall this is the snooker world championships.

Agree there. During the golden days of snooker from the late 1970's to the mid 1980's it used to be the case that the Snooker World Championship was shown uninterrupted from around 10 in the morning up until 6 in the evening on BBC2 with the late great David Vine presenting the day's coverage.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 04 May 2012, 11:33 pm

The BBC's coverage imo has got worse over the last few years , i have watched more of the coverage this year on Eurosport and i hate their commentary so i mute it . The Beeb used to be great at sport but the Snooker is going the way of the Darts , why cover the World Championships if your going to show most of it via a red button ? why cant BBC 3 or 4 cover all the games ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 05 May 2012, 1:47 pm

I still think that the Beeb still show quite a bit of snooker to be honest. When you add the hours up during the Worlds, UK and Masters. I think that snooker gets more hourse coverage per year than any other sport except football.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 05 May 2012, 1:48 pm

Biased comentators though.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 05 May 2012, 1:51 pm

Oh the commentators are poor. I really used to like John Virgo but when Ronnie is playing, i cant stand him. Taylor is the same.

I would not complain if Hendry commentated every session with Terry to be honest Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 05 May 2012, 1:54 pm

Laugh I'd nod off. Terry is the same with Welsh players though. Steve Davis is good though. Very..... interesting.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 05 May 2012, 1:56 pm

I think Hendry is a class commentator. Steve Davis is seriously good as well.

Willie, Virgo and Taylor drive me mad with their love ins and constant waffling.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 05 May 2012, 2:00 pm

"Do you remember the legendary Joe Davis.........?"

mad

I think there's good banter between them though.

I can see the BBC wanting one of the big 3 of Ronnie, MJW or Higgins going into the commentary box. I think MJW could do it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 05 May 2012, 2:06 pm

I honestly cant see any of them wanting to go into the commentary box to be honest.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 05 May 2012, 2:09 pm

No me neither (MJW is the only one I can see being interested in doing it)but the BBC might do their best to get one.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 05 May 2012, 2:13 pm

Williams is the only one that could possibly do it but i seriously doubt that he will.

I would not have minded Ebdon but he is going into coaching now so it may be a few years before he joins the commentary team.

You just know that Smurf will be a commentator one day as well Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 06 May 2012, 11:59 am

Laugh Probably. I can see Mark King entering a commentary box near you sooner than later.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 06 May 2012, 12:02 pm

Sadly you are right there, he was in that stupid Quiz thingy so they are introducing him Sad

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down