The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will win this years World Championship?

+16
Liam
Fernando
TwisT
Mike Selig
bretmeharty
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Nay
Josiah Maiestas
gboycottnut
Mad for Chelsea
Hibbz
eirebilly
CaledonianCraig
mystiroakey
The Special Juan
20 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Who do you think will win?

Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Vote_lcap80%Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 12 ]
Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Empty Who will win this years World Championship?

Post by Guest Fri 4 May - 19:28

First topic message reminder :

First topic message reminder :

Who's your favourite for this years title ?

One of the seeds ? Or will it be a qualifier ?

We're down to the last 4, so let us know who you think will finally clinch it.

Back to top Go down

Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will win this years World Championship?

Post by eirebilly Fri 4 May - 20:12

Superb century from Alli clap

Whats the record centuries, 83?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Who will win this years World Championship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will win this years World Championship?

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 4 May - 20:13

Cracking century from Ali. What does Maguire left in the tank?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 4 May - 20:14

They just showed it 83 centuries. Only 16 to go Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 4 May - 20:15

cracking break from Carter. The blue where he got back down the table again in particular superb clap

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 20:17

Good shot. Unlucky.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 4 May - 20:18

half chance for Maguire, it's getting to the stage where he needs to take these.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 4 May - 20:19

come on maguire nothing to loose- go all out - go for the pot on green or brown

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 20:22

Dennis' father in law Rolling Eyes
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 4 May - 20:22

Alli is playing beautifully
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 20:23

It's the magic grey shirt (maybe). But yeah, I've not seen him play this well in over a year.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 4 May - 20:26

Ali now in command and looking very assured and relaxed. If Stephen Maguire is on fire I don't even see the faintest hint of smoke.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Fri 4 May - 20:29

TSC wrote:It's the magic grey shirt (maybe). But yeah, I've not seen him play this well in over a year.

But he is still going to have to play out of his skin if he is going to give O'Sullivan a hard match in the Final.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 4 May - 20:30

gboycottnut wrote:
TSC wrote:It's the magic grey shirt (maybe). But yeah, I've not seen him play this well in over a year.

But he is still going to have to play out of his skin if he is going to give O'Sullivan a hard match in the Final.

There he is, missed you gboycottnut Hug Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 4 May - 20:31

I dislike Carter's mannerisms and the way he minces round the table intensely but he is playing some decent snooker I'll give him that.

Maguire on the other hand is making his "Oh I don't care, woe is me" face.

He's not much of a trier, isn't Stephen Maguire.

Last edited by Hibbz on Fri 4 May - 20:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misplaced comma)

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 20:32

As long as he has the grey shirt he has a chance. It must be a superstitious thing. Apparently, John Higgins always wears white socks to the Crucible.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 4 May - 20:33

Agree with Dennis. A must win frame for Stephen. It will be a bit of a boost as Ali had a big chance early doors.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 4 May - 20:35

Ali now has this match in a stranglehold.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 4 May - 20:37

he's name is Ali Carter, he cant have no more Dhali for his Starter

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 20:38

Rolling Eyes

Game is more than likely up for Mags. Ali could probably win this tonight if he put his mind to it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 4 May - 20:40

He ain't no martyr .... ITSS ALII CAAAAARTER!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 4 May - 20:41

You see this is why Maguire never struck me as world champion material. He is simply NOT a big match player. In crunch matches that could define his career he has just failed to do himself justice which is just not a trait that world champions have.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 4 May - 20:41

Maguire having exactly the same problem he had yesterday: poor control of the cue ball, so he has to work much too hard for his breaks. Once again there, a straightforward pink and he completely messed up position on the next shot.

Carter is playing lovely stuff, his safety has mostly been spot on, and when he's had chances he's taken them.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 4 May - 20:41

Maguire's technique simply does not hold up in these longer frame matches. He will only ever be good in the bo11's imo. Simply a bad match up for him, he may be better at high breaks than Ali but everything else Ali is better at.

Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 4 May - 20:42

CaledonianCraig wrote:You see this is why Maguire never struck me as world champion material. He is simply NOT a big match player. In crunch matches that could define his career he has just failed to do himself justice which is just not a trait that world champions have.

me thinks he needs a couple of lines and a couple of beta blockers and he will equalize

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 4 May - 20:44

Look who Maguire has had in his draw; Brecel who is just a kid. Joe Perry, hasnt been good for years = down the rankings. And Hendry, say no more.

Maguire had a lucky draw.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 20:45

mystiroakey wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:You see this is why Maguire never struck me as world champion material. He is simply NOT a big match player. In crunch matches that could define his career he has just failed to do himself justice which is just not a trait that world champions have.

me thinks he needs a couple of lines and a couple of beta blockers and he will equalize

Like Neal Foulds?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 4 May - 20:46

hendry beat higgins, unless there was some money riding (cough cough)there is no real luck there,

to get to a semi you have to either beat big name players, or players that have beaten big name players- same difference

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 4 May - 20:49

unless there was some money riding (cough cough)
Theres more evidence of Ronnie throwing matches than Higgins. (2006 UK Championship) Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 4 May - 20:52

they just showed Ronnie's break in the final frame of this afternoon. Makes it look so easy, his control of the cue ball is superb so he's never out of position (contrast to Mags). Spoilt slightly by the commentators love-in, but still, a joy to watch Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 4 May - 20:52

more eveidence??- higgins admitted it- what more proof to you need..

me thinks many have done it mind- they dont get paid enough Sad and its life that they may have sold abot of there soul to the devil for a payday.

TSC its not just foulds, they were all at the betta blockers at one point.. especially right after the drink ban

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 4 May - 20:53

Sick to death of the Higgins jokes about the betting thing.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 4 May - 20:53

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Look who Maguire has had in his draw; Brecel who is just a kid. Joe Perry, hasnt been good for years = down the rankings. And Hendry, say no more.

Maguire had a lucky draw.

No I wouldn't agree with that. Besides he put in polished displays in those matches and looked in fine form up until this match. Rankings suggest otherwise as well as he is the highest ranked player left in the tournament so clearly has been the form player of the season. For whatever reason he goes into his shell on the big occasion whereas his opponent Ali Carter may not be as highly rated but these occasions bring out the best in him and it has showed. Disappointing stuff from Maguire to be honest but credit to Ali for playing such solid matchplay snooker.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 20:55

I could only think of Foulds. I was reading an artice today about it in a newspaper. I'll see if I can dig it up.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 4 May - 20:57

eirebilly wrote:Sick to death of the Higgins jokes about the betting thing.

get yourself down the doctor- i dont wanna get done for manslaughter

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 20:58

Well done Leo Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 4 May - 21:00

I think that its in poor taste that people still have a go at matches involving Higgins. Proven innocent and a worthy 4 time world champion.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 4 May - 21:00

Didn't Fouldsy's Dad or Uncle or something also take them. Might be imagining that bit but I'm sure he had a relative that was also a pro but there's nowt about it on t'internet. I thought his name might have been Martin or Alan maybe?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 4 May - 21:01

eirebilly wrote:I think that its in poor taste that people still have a go at matches involving Higgins. Proven innocent and a worthy 4 time world champion.

Agreed.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 4 May - 21:02

Billy I likewise don't want to cause you grief but I'm not entirely sure "Honest" John was proved innocent considering he received a fine and a ban.

Let's not ruin this fine thread with such stuff though. If anyone really wants to discuss it they can start a new one and take it from there.

Last edited by Hibbz on Fri 4 May - 21:04; edited 1 time in total

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 4 May - 21:03

This is going to be a long frame Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 4 May - 21:04

Hibbz wrote:Billy I likewise don't want to cause you grief but I'm not entirely sure "Honest" John was proved innocent considering he received a fine and a ban.

The fine and ban was for bringing the sport into disrepute but NOT for match-fixing.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 4 May - 21:04

lovely escape from Carter, again...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 21:04

eirebilly wrote:I think that its in poor taste that people still have a go at matches involving Higgins. Proven innocent and a worthy 4 time world champion.

Agree 100%. Regardless of whether he did it or not, he was proven innocent therefore is innocent in the eyes of the law.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 4 May - 21:05

Hibbz wrote:Billy I likewise don't want to cause you grief but I'm not entirely sure "Honest" John was proved innocent considering he received a fine and a ban.

Fair enough, that is a view i can respect, I just hate the fact that people question every match he loses with snide money comments.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 4 May - 21:06

Mags basically with a hit-and-hope there, and the luck isn't with him...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 4 May - 21:07

I love a long frame.

Should also give people plenty of time to come back to me with the question about the Fouldsies.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 4 May - 21:08

Poor taste to have a go at higgins, but to read an off the cuff joke and come up to your conculsion thats just ridiculas. Typical of you though. I dont hear you commenting on the amount of hate about ronnies past on here.

Jokes are fine, judging players on the past is something that i hate. You just pick and choose at will what you deem acceptable

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 4 May - 21:11

Carter doesnt even look like missing does he. Superb from him OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 4 May - 21:11

Not entirely though mystiroakey as Higgins was not found guilty of his charges whereas it is common knowledge Ronnie did what he did. Some people can and will forgive him for these misdoings others won't and can't. Lets just leave it at that.

The way this semis is going it could be over tonight.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 May - 21:12

Hann's ban is almost up.......
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next