The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulev v Dimitrenko

+4
azania
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
6oldenbhoy
Lance
8 posters

Go down

Pulev v Dimitrenko Empty Pulev v Dimitrenko

Post by Lance Sat 5 May 2012 - 20:19

got some good odds on dimitrenko so decided to gamble on him. hes bigger, busier and most importantly at home. pulev is better schooled and capable of hurting dimitrenk, but he can be lazy and isnt always the best at finishing a guy hes got hurt. what does anyone else think? could be the most competitive fight of the night.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Pulev v Dimitrenko Empty Re: Pulev v Dimitrenko

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 5 May 2012 - 20:36

Dimitrenko is Ukrainian, and both box out of Germany, so I don't think home advantage will matter much. I've seen very little of either, but Pulev can pick his shots when he wants to. Dimitrenko doesn't have the best chin in my opinion, and could see him losing on points, with knockdowns being the deciding factor.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 5 May 2012 - 21:09

dimitrenk fights for germany, pulev represents bulgaria...

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 5 May 2012 - 21:11

Pulev is really putting a heavy beating on him now.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 May 2012 - 21:20

To be honest, if Pulev is the future of the HW division, I'll never watch another HW fight again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 5 May 2012 - 21:34

Distinctly unipressed with Dimitrenko in that. Didnt look up for it from the start. Pulev looked decent, if somewhat limited. Both look closer to Euro level than world level in my view.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 5 May 2012 - 21:50

On a side note I kinda like Spencer's commentary. Big, big improvement on Duke Mckenzzzzzzzzzz...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Sat 5 May 2012 - 21:55

i like spencer but is cringey at times, especially when he tallks about race
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 5 May 2012 - 22:04

He's knowledgeable though and calls it like it is, as well as showing a recognisable personality.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 May 2012 - 22:56

manos de piedra wrote:Distinctly unipressed with Dimitrenko in that. Didnt look up for it from the start. Pulev looked decent, if somewhat limited. Both look closer to Euro level than world level in my view.

The world's best heavyweights are European fighters so you may as well say that the world's best is euro level.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 5 May 2012 - 22:58

Not a good message at all for the HW's. A highly-ranked contender just losing the will to fight once he's forced onto the back foot even slightly.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:02

Who won?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:08

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Distinctly unipressed with Dimitrenko in that. Didnt look up for it from the start. Pulev looked decent, if somewhat limited. Both look closer to Euro level than world level in my view.

The world's best heavyweights are European fighters so you may as well say that the world's best is euro level.

Not really. I think the pair of them are closer to European title level than world class championship level.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:20

Who out there is better than they are. We've seen some shocking fighters fight for the title. Pulev (from what I saw for the first 4 rounds - switched over after that) seems as good as many who have challenged k2.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:34

Outside the Klitschkos Id fancy a number of heavyweights to beat them on the back of that showing. Pulev, maybe, with a couple more fights is probably close to world level but Dimitrenko looked very poor.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:37

manos de piedra wrote:Outside the Klitschkos Id fancy a number of heavyweights to beat them on the back of that showing. Pulev, maybe, with a couple more fights is probably close to world level but Dimitrenko looked very poor.

The russian hype (white tyson - cant recall his name) is dross as Huck showed. Outside of him, I cant see many beter than hi,. Perhaps Seth. Price is untested and not ready. Fury is a walking joke. Derek maybe. My God the HW scene is dire.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:55

Solis, Chambers, Thompson, Povetkin, Helenius Id back to beat him for a start. Probably Chisora, Adamek and Chagaev too. Need to see more from the likes of Boytssov, Fury, Price and Mitchell but would give them a fair chance. I just dont think Pulev all that good but the gaps between the heavies outside the Klitschkos can be quite blurred and at the rate they dispatch challengers it also by extension probably means that the gap between Euro level and world level is greyed also so I see your point in that sense.

Dmitrenko is one of those boxers that whenever Ive watched him fight (3 times plus the odd highlight) he looks fairly useless. Weak jab, unathletic, questionable stamina etc. Yet he seems consistently rated highly on the back of beating journeymen like Sprott. He seems to be Ukraines/Germany answer to Tyson Fury but arguably less portential at this stage in their careers. At least the jury is still out on Fury.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 6 May 2012 - 0:11

manos de piedra wrote:Solis, Chambers, Thompson, Povetkin, Helenius Id back to beat him for a start. Probably Chisora, Adamek and Chagaev too. Need to see more from the likes of Boytssov, Fury, Price and Mitchell but would give them a fair chance. I just dont think Pulev all that good but the gaps between the heavies outside the Klitschkos can be quite blurred and at the rate they dispatch challengers it also by extension probably means that the gap between Euro level and world level is greyed also so I see your point in that sense.

Dmitrenko is one of those boxers that whenever Ive watched him fight (3 times plus the odd highlight) he looks fairly useless. Weak jab, unathletic, questionable stamina etc. Yet he seems consistently rated highly on the back of beating journeymen like Sprott. He seems to be Ukraines/Germany answer to Tyson Fury but arguably less portential at this stage in their careers. At least the jury is still out on Fury.

To be honest, he looks a strong lad. He'd swap a few wins and losses against those you named. Solis is probably the best of the rest.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down