The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar v Cinnamon (spoilers - live text)

+3
azania
Josef K.
hampo17
7 posters

Go down

Sugar v Cinnamon (spoilers - live text) Empty Sugar v Cinnamon (spoilers - live text)

Post by Guest Sun 06 May 2012, 4:13 am

Watching this live I'm brought to a point made by one of our more articulate posters, Manos....

Win or lose, Sugar has shown that Cinnamon is easy to hit and very beatable!

Back to top Go down

Sugar v Cinnamon (spoilers - live text) Empty Re: Sugar v Cinnamon (spoilers - live text)

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 May 2012, 4:25 am

Has shown he has a good chin though.

I'm not so sure that fight tells us a lot actually. Paul Smith hit the nail on the head, Alverez never got out of second gear and could of and should have stepped it up a gear to get Mosley out of there.

Last edited by hampo171 on Sun 06 May 2012, 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sugar v Cinnamon (spoilers - live text) Empty Re: Sugar v Cinnamon (spoilers - live text)

Post by Josef K. Sun 06 May 2012, 4:30 am

HBO Commentators talking as if it's Shane's obituary

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 06 May 2012, 4:46 am

Does Alvarez have another gear? So far he's been fed on a diet of dross that any world champ is expected to beat. No live contender yet.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 06 May 2012, 2:31 pm

Forgetting for a moment that he's a supposed world champion Canelo's learning curve of opposition is pretty decent. They know what they're doing for sure. Hatton, Rhodes, Cintron and now Mosley. Difficult to argue with that really for a fighter his age and experience. Build it up bit by bit and they have a serious prospect on their hands.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 06 May 2012, 4:06 pm

He beat Mosley with ease, Mosleys chin is freakin' titanium, hurt me to see him take a beating like that, I still remember the Mosley that beat ODLH.

He showed true grit and went out fighting in a much better way than he did with the Manny performance.

Alvarez has performed very well up to this point and in my eyes has looked like the real deal, building him into a long reigning superstar.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 06 May 2012, 5:20 pm

It shape stay Alvarez zha s a good defence and ISN'T chinny.

Mosley looked like the one that fought margarito, he didn't gas like he did vs floyd and wante do go toe to toe unlike the pacquiao fight, almost like the old Mosley.

However, alvarez was too quick and too powerful. He connects switch 50+% of his power punches. Only a couple of fighters could have took those shots, Mosley is one of those (like glen Johnson, hopkins n'dou etc) who just aren't going to be sprawled out on the floor

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 06 May 2012, 6:20 pm

I've always believed he didn't gas against Floyd, he was confused by the superior movement and incredible speed.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 06 May 2012, 8:07 pm

Alvarez wasn't too quick. Mosely was just shopworn and slow. Do you think Alvarez would have lived with Mosely 5 years ago?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 06 May 2012, 8:39 pm

azania wrote:Alvarez wasn't too quick. Mosely was just shopworn and slow. Do you think Alvarez would have lived with Mosely 5 years ago?

I dont know many or any 21 year olds who could have lived with Mosley 5 years ago, Mosley 5 years ago gave prime cotto a great fight

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 06 May 2012, 9:04 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
azania wrote:Alvarez wasn't too quick. Mosely was just shopworn and slow. Do you think Alvarez would have lived with Mosely 5 years ago?

I dont know many or any 21 year olds who could have lived with Mosley 5 years ago, Mosley 5 years ago gave prime cotto a great fight

Get over his age. The kid is supposed to be a world champion and as such should be judges as such. If he were a contender then it would be different. Also he was gifted a world title belt under seriously ridiculous circumstances.

Until he defends it against a live fighter with a working pulse, I will reserve judgement.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 06 May 2012, 9:26 pm

I'm not going to get over his age. Tell it how it is, it alike saying that Bhop beating pascal isn'ta great achievement ignoring the fact he was 46. It is what it is

Alvarez is not in his prime, nowhere near it, he is a baby of the sport, and he has beaten people like Miguel cotto, baldomir, n'dou, Hatton, Rhodes, Cintron, Gomez and Mosley

Kell brook has nothing on those, matter of fact is his 2 best wins were fighters Canelo beat at 19.

Bly joe Saunders is the same age as him and people aren't judging him.

Broner is super hyped yet is fighting Sykes and is younger

Canelo doesn't warrant a p4p top 10 status, no-one is saying that but he has done a lot more in his career than most fighters have. Give him some credit, no amateur experiance and is 40-0.

He managed to dominate and almost stop someone who (despite past his prime) versed mayweather and pacquiao in 2 of his last 3 fights who are p4p #1 and #2. He managed to match there performances against them

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 06 May 2012, 9:36 pm

Alvarez is a world champ/ Bhop beating Pascal was for a world belt. His age and that of alzarez is irrelevant. The kid is a world champ an should not be fighting learning fights but fighting the best available.

He should not be fighting past it guys simply for name recognition. All those guys Alvarez beat are not world title material. Rhodes is probably the best of the lot and he is british/euro level at best.

The kid is good, exciting, but judge him for what he is...a world champ. No excuses or riders.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 06 May 2012, 9:39 pm

I was actually impressed by Canelo in this. I liked what I saw from him and the defence seemed a little tighter too. He really put a beating on Mosley. Granted, Mosleys old, but I didnt think Canelo put much of a foot wrong. He gave away the first round, the second was close enough, but after that it began to become one way traffic. For a 21 year old its very impressive. He had looked a bit untidy and open at times against in previous fights but I think thats down to opponents that havent tested him enough. Mosley sertainy came to fight and was putting venom into his punches but its the best I have seen Canelo look so far.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 06 May 2012, 9:49 pm

azania wrote:Alvarez is a world champ/ Bhop beating Pascal was for a world belt. His age and that of alzarez is irrelevant. The kid is a world champ an should not be fighting learning fights but fighting the best available.

He should not be fighting past it guys simply for name recognition. All those guys Alvarez beat are not world title material. Rhodes is probably the best of the lot and he is british/euro level at best.

The kid is good, exciting, but judge him for what he is...a world champ. No excuses or riders.

Yea I get what your saying but this is modern day boxing. Whether me, you or anyone doesn't like it, the best dont normally fight the best and especially at such a young age. Prospects aren't going to risk unbeaten records so early in their careers.

Alvarez ISN'T going to fight cotto at 21, let's be honest. A 20 year old going up against cotto would have been suicide.

Who is world level material outside of Lara, cotto and bundrage. Molina(spoiler and total bore), Kirkland (wasted by ishida and losing vs Molina), martiroysan (fought nobodies), Rodriguez (got fame from beating wolak and has a lot of losses).

He's going up level by level and cintron and Mosley are a significant step up from Hatton.

The manner of victories also, he has dominated, bullied and totally outclassed good fighters and fringe level fighters

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 06 May 2012, 10:10 pm

He's a good prospect. But calling him a world champion is stretching things a little. For a world title holder, his defences have been poor. As an up-coming fighter, its been ok and well matched.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down