The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross Keys Win Swalec Cup

3 posters

Go down

Cross Keys Win Swalec Cup Empty Cross Keys Win Swalec Cup

Post by maestegmafia Tue 08 May 2012, 9:17 am

A great win for Cross Keys, their first championship win in their history. They have had a meteoric rise to the finals of both the Swalec and the British and Irish Cup. As a Semi pro side, their B&I Cup run was exemplary only to lose to a great Munster A Side.

Fantastic for Cross Keys, they played great rugby all season. The Welsh Premiership is a tough place to play rugby these days Keys are six places behind the beaten finalists Ponty in the Premiership.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17982257

It would be good to see the premiership get tougher. Theres a great three way three point fight for the top spot between Aberavon, Pontypridd and Llanelli, the next group are within twenty points of them. Calls to cut the league down from 14 to 10 or even 8 may be right to make the Prem more competitive still.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Cross Keys Win Swalec Cup Empty Re: Cross Keys Win Swalec Cup

Post by glamorganalun Tue 08 May 2012, 5:42 pm

Ponty thought they just needed to turn up to win and Keys worked for the victory and well deserved. I thought the first half was a stalemate but Keys stepped up and evened the score. The game was won when the scrums were non contested taking away Ponty's advantage. Well done Keys they deserve to get silverware for this season's performances. Ponty also deserve the league winners trophy.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 08 May 2012, 5:48 pm

They Keys hookers looked handy about the park. Congrats to them, they've really shown what a good coach with some young players who are willing to play for each other can do given the chance.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 5:54 pm

Gerwyn Price should definitely get a look in at a region. I really rate Leon Andrews too (my MOTM).

Had a great time down the stadium. Keys' last two tries were lovely.

Keys' Premiership position is a bit false though, as they've been concentrating on the cups and playing weaker teams in the league for a while now. Still in the B&I cup next year though.

If Dragons (like they used to) showed half the grit Keys do, they'd be a better team. Great team spirit there. Felt so happy for Ringo who was a bit emotional. Was also a great day to see a few Risca and Keys legends there to witness a historic moment in Crosskeys' history.

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 08 May 2012, 9:29 pm

Risca:

I agree regarding Andrews he was my MOTM and it seemed everyone around me. I also thought both flyhalf's played well.

I thought the first two games were more entertaining for me, I was told 900 supporters came down from N Wales to support Conwy which is great, l hope there is a N Wales team in the final's every year.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 10:27 pm

I'd have watched the other games if i was attending on my own, but getting the wife to watch just the Keys was a mission in itself. Always easier when she knows a player (Rhys Peebles).

I did hear good things of the other two games though yeah. Oh yeah, the Pontypridd U11 winger who played tag rugby looked decent too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down