The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

+26
MBTGOG
Dave.
Breadvan
Mrs Penfro
Cari
WillyGilly
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mickado
eirebilly
perthshirepuma
Ozzy3213
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
Glas a du
red_stag
prop_lyd
Luckless Pedestrian
MrsP
PenfroPete
Rava
Pal Joey
Notch
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
30 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:37 pm

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has ventured to Cross Keys, as their team is in the British and Irish Cup Final.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Richie McCaw, George Smith, Robert Nash,Billy Holland, John Muller, Greg Laidlaw, Aurelien Rougerie, Leo Cullen, Rhys Thomas and Iestyn Thomas.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28083p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-edinburgh#1168404

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 9:00 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:38 pm

vomit

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

Post by Notch Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:41 pm

Let's nominate a player from each of this weekends semi-finalists for the wall; bear in mind we had Visser and Jackson in the last joint.

Ulster;
Edinburgh;
ASM Clermont Auvergne;
Leinster;

You fill in the gaps thumbsup

I can't work today; I've not been this excited about a game of rugby ever, I can safely say. There's only one game I can think of that would get me more amped up and it's what we're playing for!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:42 pm

Like this venue a lot. Rob Nash is a warrior.

Mark Ring was saying they put on a video of the Munster A semi final on the way to Heathrow, but just decided to watch The Warrior movie instead. Sure Ringo has something up his sleeve anyway.

Lucky, I like that Cross Keys pub in Newport. Great jukebox yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:43 pm

I know it's Cross Keys Asbo, but honestly, it isn't that bad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

MrsP wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:Blydi hell MrsP. I'm thinking you should move to somewhere a bit quieter- maybe HERE

Nah.

It's grand here thanks. We have had George Bush drive past our gate once but he didn't hit the wall. Just as well actually in that big monster of a car! We have a picture of his hand waving to us as he passed!

Felt weird standing there waving at someone you didn't like but it's not everyday the POTUSA drives past your gate so...

Perfect opportunity missed there MrsP!

You could have run out and offered him some of your special soup. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:46 pm

Kiwi, good luck with your interview today. Very Happy

Dreamer good luck with yours on Monday Very Happy

Anyone heard from Munsty? I hope his exam went well.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:50 pm

The wall at Poisson Towers: -

Spoiler:
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:52 pm

ULSTER - CAPT
EDINBURGH - CAPT
ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE - CAPT
LEINSTER - CAPT

Seemples thumbsup
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:53 pm

What the POTUSA was that !!!

I like it Very Happy
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:55 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
MrsP wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:Blydi hell MrsP. I'm thinking you should move to somewhere a bit quieter- maybe HERE

Nah.

It's grand here thanks. We have had George Bush drive past our gate once but he didn't hit the wall. Just as well actually in that big monster of a car! We have a picture of his hand waving to us as he passed!

Felt weird standing there waving at someone you didn't like but it's not everyday the POTUSA drives past your gate so...

Perfect opportunity missed there MrsP!

You could have run out and offered him some of your special soup. Smile

Shocked

Have you seen how many cars are in those presidential convoys?

I don't have a pot big enough!

We must have waved at about 100 Secret Service Agents before the actual real live President came along. The local police who were guarding the road were having a great laugh with us as we looked at them hopefully to see if this was the real one!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:55 pm

Iestyn Thomas has been forced to retire Crying or Very sad

The Scarlets testimonial year curse has struck again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:55 pm

I used to go to the Cross Keys every Thursday night to play pool.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:56 pm

PenfroPete wrote:ULSTER - CAPT
EDINBURGH - CAPT
LEINSTER - CAPT

Seemples thumbsup

+1
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:56 pm

I'd rather Cross Keys to Newport Wink just don't tell the missus!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:56 pm

Rava wrote:The wall at Poisson Towers: -

Spoiler:

Is that one of the out-houses in the background, Rav?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:10 pm

No Asbo,

That's the Gate Lodge.

The out buildings are all beyond the main building!

You can actually see the bit of the wall that was damaged years ago before we bought the house. That was where the "interesting substance" guy hit aswell and demolished it completely!

The latest one is to the left of the Give Way sign in the pic!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

Kennel, I think As Rolling Eyes
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:13 pm

Mrs P and others if you want to have a wee look at the Ulster Squad Additions thread I have put up a couple of previews of the new Ravers Stands. Can't let them stay too long though.

https://www.606v2.com/t26483p500-ulster-squad-additions#1168527
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:16 pm

Rava wrote:Mrs P and others if you want to have a wee look at the Ulster Squad Additions thread I have put up a couple of previews of the new Ravers Stands. Can't let them stay too long though.

https://www.606v2.com/t26483p500-ulster-squad-additions#1168527
Rav, looks grand - any idea why they've not filled in the corners too?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

MrsP wrote:No Asbo,

That's the Gate Lodge.

The out buildings are all beyond the main building!

You can actually see the bit of the wall that was damaged years ago before we bought the house. That was where the "interesting substance" guy hit aswell and demolished it completely!

The latest one is to the left of the Give Way sign in the pic!
Jeebers, if it's that popular, I might have to come and have a run at it myself!

Last edited by AsLongAsBut100ofUs on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

Looks great Rava. OK

It must be an honour to have those new stands named after you. Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:19 pm

There is a house or 2 in the way Asbo!

Please come and visit but I would appreciate it if you left our much assaulted wall alone!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:19 pm

Looking good Rava. I didnt know it was going in behind the stands too.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:24 pm

Jebus - 20 feicin minutes on the phone to HMRC and still no one has been " with you as soon as possible " furious
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:27 pm

No space being unused Stag.

Asbo, unfortunately that is how the previous Consultants sent it to Planning. We would have liked to "join" them up but not possible now.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:31 pm

What music are they playing, Penfro? I bet you're having a whale of a time! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:37 pm

Elevator variety !! 35 mins mad I could've blydi driven there by now furious
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:00 pm

Yahoo 55 minutes and I get an answer.

"Public Sector spending cuts will not affect the service provided" Yeah, feicin right Cameron boxing

Actual duration of the conversation - under 2 minutes Rolling Eyes

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:09 pm

At least it made the afternoon go quickly??!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:28 pm

Notch wrote:Let's nominate a player from each of this weekends semi-finalists for the wall; bear in mind we had Visser and Jackson in the last joint.

ULSTER - CAPT
EDINBURGH - CAPT
LEINSTER - CAPT

Seemples

You fill in the gaps thumbsup

I can't work today; I've not been this excited about a game of rugby ever, I can safely say. There's only one game I can think of that would get me more amped up and it's what we're playing for!

Erm, go on then

1 Fatty
2 Danny
3 Cuthbert
4 Plug
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:30 pm

Just been on the phone to the Ospreys. The girl on the other end had a right rant about "Llanelli Scarlets" Laugh
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:32 pm

What did she have to say? Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:34 pm

"I don't know, stealing all of our fans, just because they've got a bit of atmosphere on that terrace and play running rugby, we've got a good atmosphere!...when we're full...like when Leicester fans take up half the seats...and when the Swans are playing, hard to get tickets then. They've even gone and pinched the Swans reserves! the cheek of it! Blydi Turks etc..."
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:38 pm

Sorry I asked! Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:38 pm

Oh it was nothing that specific Glas.

A good genral rant along lines of "oh you dont want to go there, a bad sort up that way etc etc"
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:41 pm

All joking aside Glas, just rang Scarlets -- not very nice person answered the phone.

Very unprofessional phone call.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:42 pm

"chips on their shoulders, etc.... absolute pants if you ask me..." that sort of thing you mean Staggy?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:45 pm

I'm literally fuming that a Swansea Jack dare say such a thing.

Think about it Stag, you have a Limerick accent and were calling from Limerick. I might be a bit off with you this week!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:48 pm

Glas a du wrote:I'm literally fuming that a Swansea Jack dare say such a thing.

Think about it Stag, you have a Limerick accent and were calling from Limerick. I might be a bit off with you this week!

Thats true Glas but your not off with me, giz a cuddle Hug
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:50 pm

red_stag wrote:All joking aside Glas, just rang Scarlets -- not very nice person answered the phone.

Very unprofessional phone call.
Do mean Scarlets or O's ?? Headscratch or is it every Welsh region/club ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:57 pm

Ospreys were actually very very professional, as were Blues. Just Orespreys were bit jokey when it came to the Scarlets.

Scarlets were not professional. The asnwering machine started the someone answered. I made my enquiry to which they said "oh lord no, its not possible!" and before I could say another word an automated message said "thank you for holding your call is important to us etc". Then the girl came back on the line and said "sorry about that I meant to press end call not hold" and hung up!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 26 Apr 2012, 5:03 pm

red_stag wrote:
Glas a du wrote:I'm literally fuming that a Swansea Jack dare say such a thing.

Thats true Glas but your not off with me, giz a cuddle Hug

No, I'm a magmanamous sort of a guy (a few days after the event at least Whistle )
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 26 Apr 2012, 5:19 pm

STAG - was just typing to let you know about the YOOF and I see you got it. The theme park would be OAKWOOD ??? or will you be taking them HERE Whistle
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 26 Apr 2012, 5:25 pm

STAGGY - she may have been a former receptionist at a doctors surgery and still be in "they shall not pass mode". Did you speak to the reception or were you put through to SOMEBODY

You may have better luck asking to speak to one of them OK

I notice you've not mentioned the Dragons yet Whistle
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 26 Apr 2012, 5:26 pm

PenfroPete wrote:STAG - was just typing to let you know about the YOOF and I see you got it. The theme park would be OAKWOOD ??? or will you be taking them HERE Whistle

Neither
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 26 Apr 2012, 5:27 pm

PenfroPete wrote:STAGGY - she may have been a former receptionist at a doctors surgery and still be in "they shall not pass mode". Did you speak to the reception or were you put through to SOMEBODY

You may have better luck asking to speak to one of them OK

I notice you've not mentioned the Dragons yet Whistle

Penfro - my call with them lasted about 35 seconds. I havent a clue who I spoke to.

I didnt get through to Dragons. It doesnt really suit our group to visit them.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 26 Apr 2012, 5:39 pm

red_stag wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:STAG - was just typing to let you know about the YOOF and I see you got it. The theme park would be OAKWOOD ??? or will you be taking them HERE Whistle

Neither
Intrigued.com Headscratch
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 5:53 pm

Stag - I would try the Scarlets again. They are really busy at the moment with the selling of season tickets and I'm pretty sure they've brought in some short term cover to help cover the phones (they did last year anyways), who most likely aren't properly trained up to work there full time!

And oh God I've checked my laptop. No saved job spec. I can't even remember what the salary was for this one, let alone the job role! I am hoping it's not one where I told a few porkie pies on my application form for. Why oh why have application forms all of a sudden stopped containing the job spec at the top of them? Don't they know there are people like me who will forget to save them otherwise? harumph.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 26 Apr 2012, 5:55 pm

Hetherton?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next